TKBoots vs CABoots

Here is a comparrison between TKBoots & CABoots. Both are a size 10. :dancing-trooper:

Looking at the pictures, the TKBoot is on the right side.(Except the rear faceing. I accidently switched boots)

Both are very true to sizing. I wear a mens size 10 police or military work boot & both fit great toe wise. The TK is a lil narrow on the sides. But being leather they should strech & become more comfortable with each wearing.

The TK is real leather & has a dull or "mate" finish. The CA is patent leather with a glossy finish.

The TK is about a half inch shorter in height than the CA.

The TK has a plain front & has no seams running down. The CA has one slanted seam down the front & then inward to the ankle.

On the rear the TK has a leather strip with two seams. The CA just has one seam running down without the extra material in the back.

Both have the elastic sides, & the heals are almost identical.

To me both were about the same comfort wise.

TKBoots002.thumb.jpg.c38541545d5d453a8bb4eab726db46dd.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

DOH!

I forgot about the smell. Yes the CA smell FOREVER! The TK's smell like new leather.

One thing that I forgot to mention is price. The TK cost $49.00 + $13.00sh CA were $70.00 + $18.00sh. Also the shipping is much faster with TK. A friend of mine ordered his CA about 3 days before I placed my order. He's still waiting for his boots. Mine were ordered on Sun May 30,10 & delivered on June 2,10. I would have had them a day earlier, but Monday was Memorial Day(No Mail Delivered)

Just by appearance the TKBoots are superior on many levels. The fact that they are cheaper too - one wonders why you'd buy CA if TK were in your size.

Just by appearance the TKBoots are superior on many levels. The fact that they are cheaper too - one wonders why you'd buy CA if TK were in your size.

I have the TK boots, but want the CA just for the shiny.

On 6/5/2010 at 10:59 AM, Mole said:

Right now CABoots.com has factory seconds on sale for $50.00. But only has limited sizes. :dancing-trooper:

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

In the films all of the TK's boots were not shiny! So the duller finish is actully more screen accurate.However if you wanted them shiny, you could probably polish them up,they are leather so i cant see why that wouldnt work

I have had theCAboots and now have the TKboots...2pairs actually, one for my TK and one for my TD. I like the TKboots better than the CAboots.

Edited by Darth Voorhees

I find the TK boots more comfortable and more beautifully...but that is matter of taste...

As already wrote Lou, i take the TK boot for the TK and the Caboots for the TD too.

In any case one has now more alternative ;)

Edited by DarthChridan

• 2 weeks later...

I find it hard being even in the same room as some one wearing CABoots... sucks smells horrid...

Also CABoots look like costume pieces to me, cheap plastic sheen.

Edited by MiDri

• 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this 6 month old thread, just thought it would be better than starting a new one to cover the same ground.

I've heard from local TKs that the TKBoots are a bit on the narrow side and painful, anyone have any experience? I wore a pair of CABoots a couple weeks ago to a troop and was quite comfortable, but then again it was just a mile parade and a little standing around pre and post, not like an 8 hour day in them.

Nice comparison Joe. I have both types of boots as well, that being said I would never buy the CA boots again, in my experience the CA boots don't hold up to the rigors of heavy trooping. They were poorly constructed and fell apart very quickly. I've had the TK boots for about a year now and they look just as good as the day they came in the mail.

Brand new TKBoots might be a bit uncomfortable at first, but because they are real leather if sized properly they will eventually conform themselves to your feet.

I've owned both - real leather (TK) beats plastic (CA) every time.

Brand new TKBoots might be a bit uncomfortable at first, but because they are real leather if sized properly they will eventually conform themselves to your feet.

I've owned both - real leather (TK) beats plastic (CA) every time.

True dat. And painted black johdpur boots beat both. :lol:

Edited by Madmartigan

• 6 months later...

I just got my TK armor and need some boots. I'd prefer the TK Boots over CA, but TK is sold out of my size. Is it worth it to wait the 8 weeks he said it would take to make more or should I just order the CA boots now?

It's absolutely worth the wait!