FX armor + MR CE combo: mods for EIB

Dmian

So, one of my Spanish Garrison's mate has got the EIB bug (He, he, he! I may have something to do with that... B) )

He's got a FX armor + MR CE helmet combo, and I wanted to know all the mods needed for EIB status, since I have an AP and for me it was pretty easy.

I've already looked some threads, but I'm not completely sure of all the mods needed.

Can somebody help me?

If you can point me to the appropiate thread, I'd really appreciate it.

Or if you can list the needed mods, it would be great.

Thanks! :)

helmet

the ear mod, and hovi mod for the mrce.

as well as lenses. frown gap and repaint/sticker.

and FX probably needs side gaps, thermal det mod

belt to canvas.

did I miss anything?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

*If* the MRCE is already updated to 501st standards then there should be no need to do anything to the helmet. To make an MRCE correct to 501st standards you need to:

1. Put in ear screws

2. Replace the lenses with darker ones

3. Fill the seam below the mouth

4. Correct hovis

5. Correct tube stripes

IIRC.

For the FX kit it's not that hard actually. For a base FX kit it's just cutting the butt plate, getting a fabric belt, and correct ab plate buttons. All the rest of the EIB standards apply to more than just the FX kit. Other than that, it's just how you put it together.

MRCE hovies have dense screens more like a ROTJ

they also have gaps and are made in 2 sections.

they look much better when replaced with a stomper or a keith tip.

my 2 cents.

So, one of my Spanish Garrison's mate has got the EIB bug (He, he, he! I may have something to do with that... B) )

Magoamb?

Anyway, good work, feller! I'm not even a 501st member myself yet but I've already joined you on your crusade to get more TKs in the Spanish Garrison up to EIB standard. Looks like you'll be No. 3 (after Javi and Mrs. Rick330 :D ) ¡SÍ PODEMOS! :lol:

Edited by Rick330

Magoamb?

Yes! :D

Anyway, good work, feller! I'm not even a 501st member myself yet but I've already joined you on your crusade to get more TKs in the Spanish Garrison up to EIB standard. Looks like you'll be No. 3 (after Javi and Mrs. Rick330 :D ) ¡SÍ PODEMOS! :lol:

Of course we can! We have a lot of troopers with AP, they just need to get rid of the faucet aerators and get a decent belt and most of them are EIB ready!

You'll probably be #4. Magoamb can be #5. Gonzo has the EIB bug too, so he can probaly be #6. I know Carson wants to go EIB too, so that makes 7.

We'll have to convince others, like Franchos (SDS) and Talon Karrde (another AP). It's just a matter of spreading the EIB fever. :lol:

So now I have to help magoamb make his FX+MR kit comply with EIB standards. :duim:

So now I have to help magoamb make his FX+MR kit comply with EIB standards. :duim:

Count me in! If he needs any materials, let me know. I might have stuff left over. I still have 4 strips of the T-track you kindly donated, for instance, in case he or anyone else needs to convert a blaster.

Are the MRCE ear width currently OK under EIB, or do they need to be trimmed? (I can't remember.)

Ah, never mind, I went and looked at the EIB pics and saw many MRCE helmets w/o trimmed down ears, so it looks like they don't need to be thinned down.

Edited by bluehickey

Trimming down the ears is not a 501st requirement and thus is not an EIB requirement, though many people do it as part of the pimping out process.

I replaced the ears for ones from john danter on mine, looks much better i think although i went a little 'craft knife happy' so the stalks are a little thin. still live and learn. the other things i have done to my mrce are

replaced brow and neck seals (seals direct)

replaced decals (tk4510....the decal shop)

replaced lenses (smitty)

filled seam at teeth and back (car body dent repairer)

cut out teeth (although probably not enough vertically and slightly too much horizontally)

resprayed lid (local car body spray shop, 20 quid for black inside white gloss outside)

new teeth mesh (smitty if i remember right)

yet to do:-

replace hovis (have a set from kieth and a coupla spares from smitty, not sure how yet)

fit rom fx kit with speakers from jd to mount behind hovi's

fit padding inside (got kneepads to cut up)

wear at halloween

here we go for the pics, comments please for improvement gratefully recieved, especially where the tube stripes are concerned, im doing the anh look, i prefer the dark blue stripes but the only ones i have are too small. Can i use the dark blue?

oh and i just noticed i havent painted the black onto the ears yet.

and have i put the neckseal on properly?

and i cant upload more pics, i have hit the global upload limit????

thinking...........................

th_insidesmall.jpg?t=1276463516

th_rearlid.jpg?t=1276463516

th_rontsmall.jpg?t=1276463516

th_sidelidsmall.jpg?t=1276463516

th_teethsmall.jpg?t=1276463516

th_IMG00008-20100613-2102.jpg?t=12764635

Edited by darthgarth

• 2 months later...