thermal detonator

well i was wondering if anyone knew a tutorial for a thermal detonator, or any other star wars gernades. and i'm tlaking about the real star wars thermal detonator, as shown in ROTJ. i know it is a basic ball with 2 peices of half circles on them, and a few little like buttons and what not. does anyone have any good like close up pictures of one. i know master eplica did make them b4, and can be fonund other places, but they are $500, i'm looking to make a small and cheap one to include on BH belt once i make the costume.

I did a quick google search and found a few website including a listing an ebay. I can PM you the links if you are interested.

Thx, Ed

well i was wondering if anyone knew a tutorial for a thermal detonator, or any other star wars gernades. and i'm tlaking about the real star wars thermal detonator, as shown in ROTJ. i know it is a basic ball with 2 peices of half circles on them, and a few little like buttons and what not. does anyone have any good like close up pictures of one. i know master eplica did make them b4, and can be fonund other places, but they are $500, i'm looking to make a small and cheap one to include on BH belt once i make the costume.

There, I fixed your statement. :D

yes, you did. and it is true, mine will be shiny. it will be a stormtrooper, not a sandtrooper! well the thing i hate is, i don't really won't to waist all my money on geting all this stuff and then needing to get soem new stuff in like 2.5 years. see my real age is 15, and i can't wait to join the 501st. well i know i can get the armor, and will never have to get new armor, but wat about the undersuit and boots and thats tuff. that stuff can add up in money for a dude that only gets like $80 a week in a part-time job, lol! but i do think by this time next year i will have my armour, since that i will never have to replace(atleast untill i want to get a new costume). also i could get a gun and not nead to get a new one(unless it gets broken) when i join the 501st. wat do ya'll think?

I think it's a great idea! I use Under Armour, which would cost you about $75 shipped for the top and leggings. You could get the off brands, but I hear they don't hold up so well. Either way, if you go the UA route, you'll have to replace it after a while (snags, armor bites, etc). If you're on a budget, you could get a Hasbro E-11 and modify it. It's cost effective and I've seen some done that look incredible. You can usually find someone who knows someone who can get you the parts.

As for being under-aged, you can still have fun with it, even if it's not at official 501st events (conventions, costume parties, etc).

It's a hobby, like any other. It's best to take your time and enjoy what you're doing. Good luck and we're here to offer tips! Well, at least the other guys are, I'm still new to this stuff myself.

• 1 month later...

I can tell you from experience to take your time, ask questions and listen to the answers.

I have made mistakes, mostly with my TB, mostly at first with the purchace. I didnt know about sites like these, and went in blind.

If you are on a budget, then make every penny count, research and spend money wisely. Dont go the route of a freind of mine and get a "good deal" suit that has no useable parts.

Be very careful on that famous auction site, I cant stress that enough. He got burned on it.

I can say though that anything worth having is worth having at its best, so that normaly means pricy...

good luck man...

• 1 month later...
There, I fixed your statement. :D

Plenty of Tk's see action, get battle scared, and damaged...I don't like the so called sandies always getting the credit for having the battle hardened look, just a pet peev of mine i guess... :) damit shiny TK's can kill just as good as any sand trooper! :P

It's probably more accurate to think of it that sandtroopers are deployed for extended periods in the field - a lot cause trying to stay "clean". TK's were basically in garrison, so 1) not much opportunity to get dirty and 2) could clean their gear daily.

In the end, a trooper is a trooper is a trooper - they're just issued different gear depending on their post and "MOS" (military occupation speciality) is how I think about it.

Wow, it's like Night of the Living Thread over here! Resurrected after a month of dormancy, it comes back for more! Coming soon to a forum near you!

Starring Lou Diamond Phillips and one of those Baldwin guys... probably the fat one.