Helmet interiors

Should I ever need to take my helmet off, for whatever reason, I'm planning on making a more interesting series of padding and electronics enclosures.

I want to use ----for the areas which will need padding, polyurethane resin for the finer details and I've found some rigid HDPE mesh to make fan enclosures out of.

Problem is I'm pretty new to the ABS game. I don't even know if this will adhere to ABS without distorting it let alone what to use to get the best adhesion between the two surfaces. Could anyone help me out here? I really want to do this but don't want to ruin my helmets.

Thanks

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Thanks Jesse, nice lid :).

I do plan on painting both the inside of the helmet and any of my own pieces but I wouldn't have an issue using pigments as part of the casting process. I'd like to do something like the Riddell helmets to the interiors. So I was thinking of casting foam padding in a dark grey then putting in small resin pieces around the frown, ears etc. I've managed to pick up a spare face plate to use as an armature and to make sure everything is going to fit.

I was going to cover the joins with padding and/or greeblies.

As for an adhesive would E6000 work providing I used it sparingly?

Edited by SamJ

• 4 months later...