Locitus TM build[*TM]

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Monday I got an off white belt from TKitell and a holster from TK Bondservnt. So I've worked to put them together. Here's the results!

Holster from Vern, Fits perfectly:

dsc00791n.jpg

I heated the ammo belt with a lighter and bent it to curve around like this:

dsc00792a.jpg

Everything on the belt connects with snaps. So it can be taken apart:

dsc00790dn.jpg

Adding these snaps was a bit scary. Doubting my measurements. But it went perfect. Also a bit tricky adding them without any pliers and just that punch that's sometimes included and a hammer. I resorted to using the corner of my kitchen sink as anvil.

dsc00794h.jpg

The glue on the other drop box is still drying, but here's how it all comes on:

dsc00798pp.jpg

Edited by Locitus

Nice job!

but I'd trim the top and bottom of the plastic belt to match the screenused ones ;)

Yeah I was thinking it covered too much of the ab buttons. Good thing others notice too, so I can fix it faster. Thanks! :D

Definitely! But now you have to shorten the drop boxes' elastic :P

Good thing that's an easy fix. My elastic is glued with E-6000 to the back of the drop box. I can just rip it off and glue it back on again. :)

Maybe I'll go and buy some heavier grit sandpaper to get the last millimetres off the top and bottom of the belt. But it feels like such a waste buying 4 (minimum in the closest store I've found) sheets when I only need half a sheet. Maybe I'll just keep going with the 600 grit that I have.

The ammo belt look better with the extra plastic removed. One question-why did you heat up the belt and add those bends in?

The snaps couldn't hold the belts desire to flex back. It wasn't my preferred method, but it seamed like the only solution.

In that case how did you attach the plastic part to the canvas belt?

If you laid it all flat on the floor to mark out where you'll fit it together the plastic part will be too tight. The way to do it is attach in the centre first, then hold the belt in place and wrap around your body and then mark it at the end and fix one point and then do the same for the other end.

This way the plastic part is ever so slightly slack when sitting flat on the floor but sits correctly on the body.

In that case how did you attach the plastic part to the canvas belt?

If you laid it all flat on the floor to mark out where you'll fit it together the plastic part will be too tight. The way to do it is attach in the centre first, then hold the belt in place and wrap around your body and then mark it at the end and fix one point and then do the same for the other end.

This way the plastic part is ever so slightly slack when sitting flat on the floor but sits correctly on the body.

I must have done that the wrong way then. Before I heat bended the belt, the canvas belt behind it was somewhat stretched when it was laid flat on the floor.

Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Locitus

I suited up today for some photos. It's hard to do when you're alone, but I think I managed to get some decent pics. All I'm missing is the neckseal, which is in transit from TK409. Next weekend I'm meeting with the nordic garrison XO (or something like that) to sort out my application.

Side detail:

dsc00819ex.jpg

Back:

dsc00809z.jpg

And two "action pics"

dsc00815y.jpg

dsc00805mm.jpg

Yeah! Sweet TM goodness!

The biceps are a bit large, I'd do what others did recently:

re-open them, trim away an inch or more and close them back, it'll look much better! ;)

Edited by TKDUEUNO

screen accurate bicep gaps are fine.

when a person has their arm hanging at their sides, the bicep has a gap, but when you

bend your arm, it usually fills up the gap.

I think you should lower your thigh straps about 2"

you should have less gap between the shins and thighs. you can have a gap at the top and bottom, with

a balance from the thigh, to the shin gaps... it's better if your legs have even spacing.

the thighs just seem too pushed up high... lower them a bit, and it will make the suit more balanced.

nice holster... that tan belt is nice, but I see way too many seams at the top and bottom... (my 2 cents)

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Yeah! Sweet TM goodness!

The biceps are a bit large, I'd do what others did recently:

re-open them, trim away an inch or more and close them back, it'll look much better! ;)

Thanks! Yeah, I might do that, but I don't know if I got time to do it. But I too have thought of it, since I redid the thighs.

Or.... I could do more pushups! :D

screen accurate bicep gaps are fine.

when a person has their arm hanging at their sides, the bicep has a gap, but when you bend your arm, it usually fills up the gap.

I think you should lower your thigh straps about 2" you should have less gap between the shins and thighs. you can have a gap at the top and bottom, with a balance from the thigh, to the shin gaps... it's better if your legs have even spacing.

the thighs just seem too pushed up high... lower them a bit, and it will make the suit more balanced.

nice holster... that tan belt is nice, but I see way too many seams at the top and bottom... (my 2 cents)

I think I just wore my waist-belt that keeps the thighs up a bit too high. But if that doesn't fix it, there's not too much trouble making new straps to hold the thighs up. I do think though that since I'm not very tall, I might have like one inch to spare before the thighs are so low they will keep me from walking by tangling with the shins.

Here's another side pic:

dsc00807u.jpg

Edited by Locitus

that's another reason why I don't wear an inner belt,

try attaching the inner belt to the armor, or just attach the straps to the inside of the AB/cod.

keeps everything perfect distance.

that's another reason why I don't wear an inner belt, try attaching the inner belt to the armor, or just attach the straps to the inside of the AB/cod.

keeps everything perfect distance.

Good idea! I'll look into that. :)

glad you like it.

I mounted them so that they are outwards, and I mounted them pretty high up actually

near where my belt crosses my body.

my belt actually has to be really tight to keep everything together...

one weak point in my barrell shaped body!

nice looking TM build by the way...

glad you like it.

I mounted them so that they are outwards, and I mounted them pretty high up actually

near where my belt crosses my body.

my belt actually has to be really tight to keep everything together...

one weak point in my barrell shaped body!

nice looking TM build by the way...

Any way to find pictures of that? And thanks. It's a great kit!

• 3 months later...

Today I got some more E-6000 in the mail (you can't buy it in stores here, AFAIK). I had run out, can you believe it!? :D

I wanted to get my biceps pieces smaller as they were far to big for skinny me. I still have left to get the inner joining strips glued in, but that's something for another day. I also removed the small return edge around the wrist on my forearm pieces, but didn't bother with pictures of that. Hardly anything exciting about that. All in all, I think I removed about 2 inches from it. 1 inch on either side.

I've only done my left bicep so far, but I'll probably do the right one tomorrow or at least this week.

Here's the pictures anyways!

Before

dsc00824sb.jpg

I'm gonna remove this much!

dsc00826q.jpg

Here it's held up by tape, and shows IMO how well Troopermasters pieces line up with each other even when you trim them outside "standard size".

dsc00827l.jpg

And here's it just gotten clamped down and some rare earth magnets (scavenged from old SCSI hard drives) added to the centre to keep the pressure on there as well.

dsc00829x.jpg

Cheers!

You really are making the TM tailored made to fit you Mathius , well done mate B) , i to want to do that mod to my 2mm TM get them biceps a bit more narrow looking , keep up the good work .

You really are making the TM tailored made to fit you Mathius , well done mate B) , i to want to do that mod to my 2mm TM get them biceps a bit more narrow looking , keep up the good work .

Thanks Stephen!

Yeah the tailored look is really what anyone should want. And one should never stop fiddling around with ones kit until it is "perfect" right? :)

Fixed the right biceps piece today, it's clamped down for the night. I took this comparison picture before I cut the right one open. Check out the huge difference in size! I'm really glad I did this mod.

dsc00830k.jpg

Also, here's some pictures of me from the Scifi-fair in Stockholm 2 months ago. :)

156046_463496783310_569563310_5625601_1239817_n.jpg

75863_475709017660_605097660_5514425_2018827_n.jpg

148889_475710787660_605097660_5514471_3888559_n.jpg

The last picture is part of a group image of Nordic Garrison and our rebels together with Joe Flanigan from Stargate Atlantis.