CABoots question

It seems like everyone's buying from them so I guess they're okay, but one thing really, really bothers me.

Why the hell would they need to know the card's security number? It's not needed for any purchase... I'm worried.

Is CABoots safe to deal with? :(

Safe and fast to ship. I have ordered both Vader and Stormie boots. Air them out, they kinda smell when you get em...

The vaders were ok, Bad zipper, but good Customer support.

Should have no probs. Most times the number is for security, hack safe stuff...

Some card machines require you to put the security number in , otherwise they don't work . Depends on how the bank has set it up I think . The one where I work needs it whenever the card isn't swiped , ie phone or internet sales . CABoots are fine to deal with :)

Ah, great to hear that. My wife is generally afraid of using the card online and was getting pretty worried :)

Anyway, the order is placed now, and all that's left to do is to get a good supply of air refreshener :lol:

I got my Caboots and they stink like Bantha @%#& but they look good.

Thx

TK-6044

I've been wondering... is it a chemical smell, or something 'footy'? Or chemical at first, and then a blend of the two?

I've been wondering... is it a chemical smell, or something 'footy'? Or chemical at first, and then a blend of the two?

It's a horrid chemical smell , I think it must be some sort of pesticide or something they put on for the export market . Mine stank for ages , but I've had them for 4 months now , and it has gone away :)

Got my Cabbots (size 12) should have gotten a size 11 as they are a little oversized.

Never got any smell in mine :) Guess I was lucky for once!!

Why the hell would they need to know the card's security number? It's not needed for any purchase... I'm worried.

Your Cards "Security Number" is acually called a Card Code Value and is used by merchants to verify that the Card is not stolen, When combined with the Address it makes the credit card transactions more secure

• 1 month later...

Ordered mine also from Caboots, and should be shipped to Holland by now :)

After a long search and inquiries I found these to be the ones to buy. And I was advies to buy a size bigger for more comfort during trooping.

John

[Ok, received the boots today :)

My first pieces of the stormtrooper armor! Rest arrives hopefully next week B)

Anyway, ordered and payed the boots on Caboots.com without problems. Boots brand new, look greaat, fit (normal size 10 but for the boot i got size 11).

Smell a bit but that is because they are new, so that will be no problem.

John

Smell a bit but that is because they are new, so that will be no problem.

Yes they do smell, which is a commonly reported problem. I just kept mine outside for a while to let them "air out" a bit so it would not be so strong. I also found out that after five days of all-day trooping at C-IV they began taking on a different sort of smell... :blink:

Also, for long troops or parades, I highly recommend inserts for the soles, especially the gel kind. They make a HUGE difference in comfort. :duim:

the smell works if your trying to keep your cats from scratching the couch ;) simply put the boots next to the area they normally scratch, problem solved! nailing two birds with one stone, end the use of your couch as a scratching post, and aerating your boots! lol

well it was a fun thought anyway

I have problem with CAboots either.

Aug 13,I ordered 2 pairs(1 for me,1 for friend).Aug 15,I paid bill via paypal. later in same day I found I got wrong size (I have no idea with US size.euro size is common in CHINA,so sorry about this).then I wrote a mail to custom service ask change size.

CAboots Custom Services respones speed is very slow .Today is Aug 22,I have no respones even a word since Aug 18. after I asked change size,the day before yesterday,I found,I could not check order status.(there is NO order status anymore).2 pairs boots shows up in cart,I don't know what's meaning,means I need checkout again? pay again? what's happened about my order No.2008-08-1362?

No one tell me how to change size by myself,No one tell me who will help me change size,No one tell me When time can change size. No one tell me When time can ship of course. :(

• 2 months later...

I have ordered from Caboots a couple of times. Easy and fast from my experiences.

Good product too.,...for the money.

My first pair of TK boots never smelled. The new pair stank so bad I had to throw out the box they came in.

I put the boots in a new box and poured baking soda in the box. let them sit for a few months,..still slight smell to them but it is wearing off finally.

My first pair from them must have been old stock or else they have changed their manufacturing process.

Just another question.

I got my CA boots from another guy, but they were new and unused, but with no box and whatnot.

The picture in the website shows a different sole pattern under them, and mine looks like they got little cats on them, and they have a square saying oil resistant. Are these the normal soles or were mine replaced? There are two layers of rubber with some wood beneeth them you see, and the wood part is cracking a bit. Should this worry me? Like the wood could fall off or something?

Oh, and they smell :P

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, my Caboots smelled like someone puked in them, let it sit a while, then cleaned them out. Same for a couple other troopers who've gotten them in the last couple years.

Don't know what it is, but a year's time filled with several sweaty south Texas troops has barely diminished the odor. I kept the boots in the crate with my armor for a few days a couple months ago and the armor has absorbed the caboot smell- I had to clean and polish the armor and replace several straps to get the caboots smell off my armor. Not even mighty Febreze could defeat the odor.

I've written to Caboots about it, jsut to let them know that the general consensus is that they are great looking and comfortable, but stink to high heaven. No reply yet.

I'm waiting for Fluevog (some of the hippest shoes you can find: www.fluevog.com) to make some trooper boots, I may even ask if they would custom make some for me, but I am afraid of the price!

cha0s said:
Yeah I always wondered if everyone else's caboots smelled funny lol...I had to air those suckers out on the balcony for awhile..Kinda like a chemical fishy smell if ya ask me...

:blink: this Boot for Chilean TK:

wampa

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed