Accurate ESB E11s :)

john danter

Hello chaps

Sorry I've not been on the forums of late. I've deserted you all and gone snowie, lol. Still have my TK and space TK so don't panic.

As some of you may know the E11s in each on the OT films changed with each film.

ESB has it's own variation of the E11 with some very weird and oddly shaped greeblies.

Most people just use what ever blaster they can find and that bugs the living daylights out me!!! We'll quite happily complain we don't have the correct shade grey or the wrong shaped ear screws, but will walk around with anything in our hands, as long as it's black :)

But now we can all obtain the correct looking super accurate greeblies to kit out our ESB E11 from Steve Tangod Fett.

steven.rogers2@virgin.net

Steve makes these all himself and here they're glued onto a PVC pipe.

He makes everything, from butt cap to T track....which is lovely and flexible with him.

He sells the greeblies in kit form and would either sell you the whole kit, or just the 'upgrade' kit to enhance you current E11.

I may do a tutorial on the differences and how to stick them on etc soon

They are made from polyurathane and are super light and flexible :)

Below are pics of my recent auction win at the NSC (complete blaster from PVC pipe) and Steve has finally made a set of moulds to enable him to make more of these on demand so you can now have your own accurate blaster to go with your accurate costume :)

I also bought a kit of greeblies for him to do my other blaster

I spoke to Steve about this a long time ago and he's done all his homework and come up with the goods. So here he can sell the greeblie kit, or all of it I guess. Best to ask him.

I can't speak highly of his work, I'm very, very impressed with it all :) Super light, super flexible, super accurate

Steve is a moderator and highly skilled boffin on the RPB prop boards so knows his onions

vP9v4WE.jpg

vZdH5rk.jpg

EC6Z1gV.jpg

raN5u79.jpg

lV3kISI.jpg

aMmlzdk.jpg

LeiBjxN.jpg

mpIgrRs.jpg

gc6DVMU.jpg

syCV592.jpg

Enjoy your accurate trooping :)

John

EDIT

Post edited to show steps taken to make my old E11 into an ESB version using some of Steve greeblie upgrades :)

First I filed down the front end and filled with milliput

rs3OeQC.jpg

Then I superglued some nuts flat and square into predrilled holes into the scope

The greeblies come in a pour mould so they may need filing down before being stuck into the correct positions, shown here

vtzRC4D.jpg

Line up to check dimensions

xXh1a6U.jpg

Screw into blaster and attach scope rail (screws will be filled over later) or glue use glue to attach rail. I don't trust that method alone

RHOxSpf.jpg

right side complete

7MCCBXB.jpg

left side complete

SCfSjrL.jpg

PS: I just noticed, Billhags ESB blaster photos are missing the forth circle (shown on the right rear of the rear sight on the scope rail)

All this was done in an hour, re spray next :)

*NB please note I'df already added some greeblies to my E11 a long time ago. I was missing the correct rail and concrete clips

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is for just the required greeblies and not the whole blaster? Ive seen the complete blasters for sale before and at one point I was working on just the greeblies but I was never happy with my models and scrapped the plan. ESB greeblies by themselves to outfit existing blasters would be awesome!!!

They are made from polyurethane :)

He will make the set or make you a whole blaster too I guess

I'm afraid I have no idea on price as I won this in an auction and then asked him if he had more greeblies for sale and he did :)

Cheers for the tip, John. They look great.

I'll have to drop Steven a line. A few greeblies would be a nice finishing touch for my upcoming ESB EIB application and this little feller ...

Let's see what Steven replies, sent him an email regarding a kit of greeblies for my pipe build. Richard: you've propably seen this? http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=9863

I hadn't, no. Thanks.

On 5/28/2010 at 4:25 PM, Rick330 said:

By the way, John (or anyone else for that matter), do you know of any more good reference material for ESB E-11s?

I have this from pugman

DfsUeeR.jpg

He owns an actual screen used ESB stunt cast E11 that you can clearly see the file teeth marks on it :)

He sells casts of these for a very lareg sum of cash.

Steve's upgrade kit looks like a more viable alternative :)

He sells casts of these for a very lareg sum of cash.

Steve's upgrade kit looks like a more viable alternative :)

And I suppose you could say, by the same logic, a Rubies Stormtrooper helmet is a more viable alternative to a bumpy-cap HDPE helmet, cast from an original stormtrooper helmet, eh? :):);)

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

However if anyone has a lareg (sic) sum of cash that they would like to get rid off, I currently have some original-cast ESB 'stunt' E-11 blasters available. Please email me at swdvds@yahoo.com

Cheers,

John a.k.a. Pugman

Is that a hyperfirm? It looks super clean.

On 5/28/2010 at 4:23 PM, Rick330 said:

Cheers for the tip, John. They look great.

I'll have to drop Steven a line. A few greeblies would be a nice finishing touch for my upcoming ESB EIB application and this little feller ...

And I suppose you could say, by the same logic, a Rubies Stormtrooper helmet is a more viable alternative to a bumpy-cap HDPE helmet, cast from an original stormtrooper helmet, eh? :):);)

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

However if anyone has a lareg (sic) sum of cash that they would like to get rid off, I currently have some original-cast ESB 'stunt' E-11 blasters available. Please email me at swdvds@yahoo.com

Cheers,

John a.k.a. Pugman

Don't get me wrong John, your casts are superb yes :)

It's just most of us will already have an accurate L2A3 cast from the many suppliers, now, we can jazz them up by adding Steve's greeblies.

Comparing his work to a Rubies pile of trash is a tad harsh my friend :)

Steve makes these all himself and here they're glued onto a PVC pipe.

He makes everything, from butt cap to T track....which is lovely and flexible with him.

John

John,

I'd love to grab two of those from Steve. Will you kindly help put me in touch with him?

Thanks,

Fil

Comparing his work to a Rubies pile of trash is a tad harsh my friend :)

You've totally missed my point, man. I was comparing how for some people, having a replica prop which *looks like* the movie prop is perfectly fine. Whilst for other (usually poorer! LOL) folks like myself, it's infinitely preferable to have a prop replica which was cast from moulds *which were directly taken from an original prop*

I didn't intend for a direct comparison to be made between Steve's excellent ESB blaster greeblies, and a Rubies Stormtrooper helmet :)

If you already have an E-11 blaster replica then it would make sense to buy add-on greeblies to ESB-ify it. I guess you could call it a "more viable option"...ahem, even if you're not sure what price the greeblies are?

I'm afraid I have no idea on price as I won this in an auction

:blink::rolleyes::P Just kidding man... I'm sure the greeblies *are* cheaper than my cast-from-original ESB blaster B)

Cheers,

John

In the UK there's been a Royal Philhamronic tour whilst screening the Str Wars music films

They had lots of screen used props there, helmets, blaster and sabers etc.

Several UKG members took lots if shots of it.

I have a bug bear about TKs using the wrong blaster and people complained they couldn't get the ESB greeblies (I tried to make my own many years back if you remember?)

Steve is a little more skilled than myself so made those up I guess

You look at any scren grab and you can make out the E11s have extra greeblies (a mid point between ANH and the eventual ROTJ I guess?)

so it's not hard to work it what they need to look like

John Pugmans blaster, which I almost bought myself is exactly the same as the one on display :) although I don't know if Johns has the same weird glass in the scope?

if you can afford Johns, go for it. I'd like to own one. If not this greeblie set takes you to 99% accuracy with a kittle mods yourself

(file the muzzle flat etc)

I'm kitting out my spare E11 ESB style so will make a tutorial soon

Does Steve have an ebay store where he sells his ESB greeblie kits? I'd like to add these greeblies to my HF ESB E11. Very timely given ESB's 30th anniversary and with C5 in a few months. B)

Alternatively, he could offer a run here at the FISD in the For Sale section. :)

First post edited to show an upgrade using greeblie set

*NB some of the greeblies I'd already made myself so this isn't a complete upgrade tutorial.

MODS: Feel free to move to relevant section if you feel this is a tutorial or helpful...? :)

Hi guys I am the steve in question who made these greeblies,many thanks for the shout out John. Also thanks for posting the pics ,I didnt get a chance to take many while making it over the weekend :D

Firstly i would like to answer a few questions regarding their source, I used many reference pics out there on the ESB stunt e11s to create these , including some of pugmans pics, as there is little reference for these I wanted to make them as accurate as i could so took the best pics i could find. I also saw a real one at the chessington event a few years back and got a few pics of the star wars musical event at the O2 from a couple of UKG members. I scaled these pics against my real sterling to get them as near as i could , they may be slightly off compared to the originals but the look is what I was trying for.

I agree with John (Hi there pugman) these are in no way as good as the real thing but a cheaper alternative and a product that is not available as far as i know other than making your own. I made these after a few people asking after them over a long period of time. As the event I did last week was an ESB special they were the perfect project to do there , I often do a blaster building workshop there with the RPB so it fitted in well.

I do hope you dont feel i am treading on your toes John as that was not my intention, these were not intended to be or are the same thing as your screen used casts but a cleaned up version and meant for general trooping or display. I would love one of yours too :)

As for the kits , i will be offering these very soon , the scope i used on Johns was one i had but i just scored a real M19 so will need to get that molded along with the light diffuser for the scope lens which will be in clear resin to match the originals. Will get some pics taken of thekits as well and post them up soon along with pics of the masters too.

Any questions feel free to ask guys :)