My grandma and her Sterling blaster

Israeli women? They inherited a ton of sterlings once Britain left Palestine.

Also note the front sights. They look like the style used for the replicas which later were the basis for the ROTJ version. Maybe that's why no 2 E-11s looked alike, even the sterlings didn't look alike.

Edited by JohnnyHavoc

That's really not too surprising. I have 2 APH-6 helmets that don't quite look alike either. The first one is an APH-6c that was made by Gentex and the second is an APH-6d that was made by Sierra Engineering. Both follow the spec and military requirements, but there are subtle differences. Sterling probably used different sub-contractors over the life cycle of the production.

The photo is a Sterling factory photo to illustrate that the gun had no appreciable recoil.

the two women are Mrs Tyrell (in white), a machine shop operator and Miss Jesse Butts, a member of the office staff. The Sterling in the picture is an early MK III Police Carbine that were made in semi-auto only so they could be sold to approved civilians and police forces worldwide. They only made the first 17 guns with the rounded foresight protectors which were a carmk2d.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.usry over from the MKII. Here is a pic of my MK II so you can see a closeup of the front sight.

• 3 weeks later...

blaster plans come from these these guns in the pics are call stens they where airdropped to the citizens of England to fight off the Germans in ww2

stens ???, airdropped into england ???? ill have what hes having :P they are British made Sterling smg's totally different to a sten, the only resemblance is the round barrel shroud and side magazine. :D

ROTJ version.

ANH is MK iv

ESB is century arms sterling replica.

correct?

ROTJ was the MGC (model gun corporation)replica of the canadian C1 sterling but i have seen recently a few ESB stunt resin E11 in the endor scenes , yep MKIV in ANH ,and i think there were some in ESB as well as the replica CA ones.