MY STEALTH ARMOR IS FINISHED!

Hi ALL,

Well I am Finished with my Stealth Armor And did a trial dress today, the wife took some pics, our first attempt at shooting black armor, all we have shot is the white stuff so they came out OK, I will shoot some more tomorrow with more light so you can see the details better.I am super happy with it, just a few pieces to sand and grind but all in all pretty sweet build. Only took me a week, I have it down, pretty much. The armor is some stuff I found from a guy in the UK, friend of a friend, But after contacting everyone about pulling some gloss black ABS, with no luck I was desperate to find a set. This came trimmed but needed lots of clean up, it also had a plastic film on it so after you trimmed and sanded you remove the film and it is mirror gloss black. It is a material I haven't seen before its not crisp, or hard it is very flexible, almost like you can't break it, but I'm not going to try. Also some of the pieces did not seem to be very sharp pulls, like the shoulder straps and AB bits, but Just to have a full set of Gloss black Armor, is awesome, Check the pics, and I will put some more up with better light tomorrow!! Also the boots I scored are a Patent Leather Jodpher (spelling?) It is a women's riding boot, I fit in a size 11, I am a mens 9. The boot has all the correct lines for a trooper boot.

All my best,

AL

42042870.jpg

90995034.jpg

68967234.jpg

46931820.jpg

20223155.jpg

49696916.jpg

58439050.jpg

35910519.jpg

36438189.jpg

sboots.jpg

Edited by Blastmaster

Great find and a nice build. Do you think it might be a SDS Armor? I have read that he was going to offer one for sale, I've just never seen one together in the wild yet. I think the Sgt. was getting one soon in the mail.

Ā 

Take more picture if you can, I know it's a tough one to take pictures of. Oh and don't forget about posting over at the Spec Ops. You will find a lot of friendly Troopers over there that will love to see you and help out.

Ā 

Great build!

Ā 

Welcome to the club, Stealthy friend. :salute:

Thanks for all the thumbs up, I will take some more pics today, IzzI over at Special Ops said to take them in the sun for a better result!!

So thanks Bill and I am part of the Speacial Ops so I posted pics there as well,

Take care all,

AL

more pics today, IzzI over at Special Ops said to take them in the sun for a better result!!

Ā 

Ā 

He was right! Those are great. Superb armour, man!

Awesome looking helmet. I'd love to know what make it is.

Hey tube,

It is an AP sprayed black with many coats of automotive paint! AP is all I wear, everything else looks like a bobble head on me!

Thanks for checking it out,

AL

And is that reflective tape on the teeth? Looks very metallic. Cool!

Hey there again, on the teeth I used Mylar chrome tape, also used a little ca adhesive to make it stay,

AL

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...