Where to get the best/most accurate E-11.

Hi TK´s world wide, i have a question for you.

What E-11 blaster do you like the most, and why.

Lets talk about where to get it, links etc.

Plastic types, metal, good for trooping, too heavy, too light, or too fragile/will it brake while trooping/resin etc.

If its home made, as pvc pipe/resin kit, are they hard to make, and how accurate are they.

If they are good, are there someone on FISD making them etc.

Lets hear if folks :)

Do people like the SDS E-11:

http://www.sdsprops.com/

Or the doopydoos ones:

http://www.doopydoos.co.uk/

Or the HF ones.

www.sci-fire.com

What about the SRprops E-11 (i think its the name of them, i have lost the link to them, i think they are from spain or something)

Personal i got a full ANH TK/TD HF sci-fire collection, but would like to have one more accurate E-11.

If you got other ideas of where to get a accurate DLT-19, T-21, MG-15 i would like to hear that too.

But as we all know, its mostly only the E-11 there are many different makers off out there.

The only other real good supplier of the DLT-19 i know of is the, which also sell the E-11, and also as a kit for the pvc pipe version:

Here my collection so far:

P1068181.jpg

P1068178.jpg

P1068168.jpg

P1068165.jpg

P1068173.jpg

P1068176.jpg

P1068161.jpg

P1068159.jpg

Cheers :)

By definition, the "best, most accurate" E11 would have to be a working Sterling SMG with authentic parts (Hengstler counter with eagle, M40 tank scope, etc.).

The next best thing would be a deac'd Sterling, again with authentic greeblies. It would be heavy, and I'd personally be too paranoid of something happening to it to troop with it, but no reproduction - no matter how accurate - beats the real thing. B)

For an accurate-enough E11 that's still suitable for everyday trooping, I use the HF. :)

By definition, the "best, most accurate" E11 would have to be a working Sterling SMG with authentic parts (Hengstler counter with eagle, M40 tank scope, etc.).

The next best thing would be a deac'd Sterling, again with authentic greeblies. It would be heavy, and I'd personally be too paranoid of something happening to it to troop with it, but no reproduction - no matter how accurate - beats the real thing. B)

For an accurate-enough E11 that's still suitable for everyday trooping, I use the HF. :)

Thanks for your reply Brian.

I guess your right.

I had a real sterling back in 2002, but sold it.

The reason i sold it, was because i did not have the hengstler counter on it.

And because it looks to me to be the ESB sterling version (looking at the end barrel sight, end of the barrel hole etc, and i´m only into the ANH blaster.

Heres a few back pictures i just took of it (digital pics of old paper shots)

P5229934.jpg

P5229935.jpg

that is the MGC version.

would make for an excellent ROTJ blaster.

I personally would go with a completely deact sterling rebuild.

(I'm almost there@!)

now that I have the proper real greeblies I'll put them on my parts kit

that's coming from IMA.

and I'm going to troop with it.

having a real replica and then not trooping with it would be like having a gold tuxedo and

then not getting married in it?

why have it if all you're gonna do is look at it?

that is the MGC version.

(I'm almost there@!)

that's coming from IMA.

having a real replica and then not trooping with it would be like having a gold tuxedo and

I hope you didn't pay the $300 for the ima parts kit. Sportsmanguide and a firm out of colorado both have them cheaper. $150 and $125. Agreed on the gold tuxedo analogy. Late model Canadian made sterlings had that same look as the MGC version.

Edited by JohnnyHavoc

Hi TK´s world wide, i have a question for you.

What E-11 blaster do you like the most, and why.

Lets talk about where to get it, links etc.

Plastic types, metal, good for trooping, too heavy, too light, or too fragile/will it brake while trooping/resin etc.

If its home made, as pvc pipe/resin kit, are they hard to make, and how accurate are they.

If they are good, are there someone on FISD making them etc.

Lets hear if folks :)

Do people like the SDS E-11:

http://www.sdsprops.com/

Or the doopydoos ones:

Or the HF ones.

www.sci-fire.com

What about the SRprops E-11 (i think its the name of them, i have lost the link to them, i think they are from spain or something)

Personal i got a full ANH TK/TD HF sci-fire collection, but would like to have one more accurate E-11.

If you got other ideas of where to get a accurate DLT-19, T-21, MG-15 i would like to hear that too.

But as we all know, its mostly only the E-11 there are many different makers off out there.

The only other real good supplier of the DLT-19 i know of is the, which also sell the E-11, and also as a kit for the pvc pipe version:

Here my collection so far:

P1068181.jpg

P1068178.jpg

P1068168.jpg

P1068165.jpg

P1068173.jpg

P1068176.jpg

P1068161.jpg

P1068159.jpg

Rolf,

IMPRESSIVE.......MOST IMPRESSIVE my Friend!!!!

Andy

Hi, I've just about finished my 1st E-11 and used the DoopyDoos PVC pipe kit. I'm very impressed with the accuracy of the parts, the fitting and ease of assembly. Check out my thread here;

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11185&st=0&p=139503&fromsearch=1entry139503

Cheers

Dallas

4619271169_6109bec749.jpg

Edited by TKXXXX

I think you need one for accuracy/display and one to troop with. The choices for me would be display: real sterling, trooping: hyperfirm. Best of both worlds. A deactivated sterling is impractical for trooping because of its weight. I'd also be worried it would get stolen.

Hi, I've just about finished my 1st E-11 and used the DoopyDoos PVC pipe kit. I'm very impressed with the accuracy of the parts, the fitting and ease of assembly. Check out my thread here;

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11185&st=0&p=139503&fromsearch=1entry139503

Cheers

Dallas

4619271169_6109bec749.jpg

Dallas your E-11 are a beauty, i might try a kit out my self after i have seen yours.

(i´m not sure how to add the spring/loading grip, and metal lock details to the pvc pipe)

What about the barrel sight left and tight, will you cut it out, so i will look more like the real deal.

Or will the resin crack then.

Any way, A+ gun bro :)

that is the MGC version.

(I'm almost there@!)

that's coming from IMA.

Thanks bro, thats whit o sold it, as i´m only a ANH trooper fan.

I might try to get a ANH version of it later down the road, or as a soft gun, even they are pretty high price.

Also agree the most accurate E 11 will be a sterling whith the a real hengstler and a real azimuth scope on the top of it.

But for a smaller price a, little bit knowlege in sanding, glueing, painting and weahtering you can make a realy nice and close looking blaster replica.

Finished my ESB hero build few days ago.

Made from resin .

Scope is a cast from a real M19 scope.

All other parts cast from a real sterling except the mainbody.

dsc00649y.th.jpg

dsc00648e.th.jpg

dsc00647pe.th.jpg

dsc00646md.th.jpg

dsc00644ej.th.jpg

dsc00643rn.th.jpg

dsc00642y.th.jpg

dsc00641q.th.jpg

dsc00640y.th.jpg

dsc00650x.th.jpg

I like to bild resin blasters, cause the details on them are great and the material is easy to work with.

Also they are cheap to get in single parts.

I use them for both display and trooping, till yyet nothing get broken or damaged.

Edited by Turrican

Quick question ...

I'm planning on building a blaster from PVC pipe and the Doopydoos kit eventually. What are you all using for the scope rail?

Quick question ...

I'm planning on building a blaster from PVC pipe and the Doopydoos kit eventually. What are you all using for the scope rail?

I used pre-formed mild steel strip 15mm wide x 3mm thick, you can get it in that dimension so there is no cutting or sharp edges to deal with.

Dallas your E-11 are a beauty, i might try a kit out my self after i have seen yours.

(i´m not sure how to add the spring/loading grip, and metal lock details to the pvc pipe)

What about the barrel sight left and tight, will you cut it out, so i will look more like the real deal.

Or will the resin crack then.

Any way, A+ gun bro :)

Thanks Rolf, it's coming along quite well I think. Yes, I'm planning to hollow out the front sight or just make a new one from metal. Also need to source the T-Track and make a D-ring.

Possibly drill out the scope and add lenses too. This kit was great, virtually no cleanup needed on the parts and from what I can see is more accurate/tidy than the SDS version.

Thanks Rolf, it's coming along quite well I think. Yes, I'm planning to hollow out the front sight or just make a new one from metal. Also need to source the T-Track and make a D-ring.

Possibly drill out the scope and add lenses too. This kit was great, virtually no cleanup needed on the parts and from what I can see is more accurate/tidy than the SDS version.

Your welcome Dallas, really like your E-11.

Sounds good about your last modify steps on it too.

I might try to assemble one my self, after seen yours.

But i have two TE2 suits on my way, so i guess it will not be right now haha.

Maybe a winter project.

I used pre-formed mild steel strip 15mm wide x 3mm thick, you can get it in that dimension so there is no cutting or sharp edges to deal with.

Great, thanks!

Inceidently, my other blaster is a MR E-11 but that is way too heavy to troop with...

I also have a hasbro with a DD resin kit with a real D ring and i've dremmeled out the scopr rail too...

My other side project is a metal blaster with real parts.... this is on going and i'll get it finished sometime this year.... lol

Steve for the UK produces some very accurate parts that you can add on to a PVC pipe.

Much like Doopy and lots of others, but with a bit of extra love dolloped on top :)

Check out my ESB E11 thread.

For example, I'm very impressed with the underside shoulder butt plate. You can cut out the sections (I'm think the Y shaped hole) as they're hollow and individual, not solid resin casts like most people do

DSC_8856.jpg

Edited by john danter

Rolf, impressive collection there.

Just like many before me have stated, I don't think there's better than a deac sterling. I have had a few, this is the only one I've left:

4526763876_099b392980_b.jpg

4525605300_c911652430_b.jpg

4525605062_d1be88e7f9_b.jpg

4524975555_e136ce15df_b.jpg

I also have two hyperfirms and look to get more. Hyperfirms are the modern alternative to resin. Resin sucked. Would break if you looked at it.

PVC or even metal could be an alternative, but I don't think there's serial producers of accurate metal ones. I have just seen one offs.

I think you need one for accuracy/display and one to troop with. The choices for me would be display: real sterling, trooping: hyperfirm. Best of both worlds. A deactivated sterling is impractical for trooping because of its weight. I'd also be worried it would get stolen.

Why would a real Sterling be "impractical?" A Sterling isn't exactly heavy.... I guess I'm used to carrying real guns, but the sterling really is pretty light (less than 7 pounds, and pretty well balanced.

Not that there's anything wrong with a hyperfirm E-11....

Why would a real Sterling be "impractical?" A Sterling isn't exactly heavy.... I guess I'm used to carrying real guns, but the sterling really is pretty light (less than 7 pounds, and pretty well balanced.

Not that there's anything wrong with a hyperfirm E-11....

I'd agree on that but one concern : holstering. If you never intend to holster the weapon (I never do) I'm not sure it's a big deal, but having that 7 pounder dragging on a belt and smacking in to your thigh...

IIRC I think the only time we see an E-11 holstered in the movies is Han when he carries the DLT-19.