ebay armour

camdan2004

This is interesting ....

"Is this armour 501st/Garrison Approved?

That's simply a meaningless sales pitch used to sell armour. NO armour is guaranteed to be approved by the 501st Garrison. Even if you purchased a previously 501st approved costume it does not mean it will automatically be cleared with you wearing it. The procedure does not rest entirely on the armour it also depends on how it fits you. Nonetheless, this is very accurate armour and provided it is built correctly to fit you properly, it will most certainly sail through the strictest of approvals."

this has to be the first e-bay seller ive seen this, most will try to pitch it that their armour will be accepted straight from the box. B)

This is interesting ....

"Is this armour 501st/Garrison Approved?

That's simply a meaningless sales pitch used to sell armour. NO armour is guaranteed to be approved by the 501st Garrison. Even if you purchased a previously 501st approved costume it does not mean it will automatically be cleared with you wearing it. The procedure does not rest entirely on the armour it also depends on how it fits you. Nonetheless, this is very accurate armour and provided it is built correctly to fit you properly, it will most certainly sail through the strictest of approvals."

this has to be the first e-bay seller ive seen this, most will try to pitch it that their armour will be accepted straight from the box. B)

Agreed. If nothing else, this seller gets kudos from me for that statement.

As of today the armor sells for $428.60 NOT including shipping. If your in the US, you can find a set of armor much cheaper blink.gif

You can find HIPS armor cheaper, not ABS as being sold in the subject auction. Cheapest ABS armor in the states is VT and it comes with a helmet and usually went for about $700 on ebay. Haven't seen his products on ebay lately though so I am unsure if he still sells.

Just looking at the biceps, it appears to be recast from the TE/TE2 line.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Since I'm european (Italy) I purchased this armor and arrived today.

The seller is a very kind, honest and gentle person, I mean it. Always responds to all emails with patient and education, even if you move him a bad comment about his job. A person who is pleasant to deal with, sincerly.

The armour is quite good. Made of 0,60inch ABS arrives already trimmed but not finished: just a little bit of sanding is required. Comes also covered by an invisibile film to protect the plastic from scratches, which has to be removed before assembly of course. The armor is very accurate (totally asymmetrical as the originals) but in some pieces it lacks of details (for example the "button" at the center of the belt piece is almost invisible). Seller shows he lacks of some skills in vac-forming but in general his armor is quite good for its price.

Well, he is probably a recaster (but I think he has modified some moulds), but here in Europe we've not lot of choice on sellers, specially honest like this one (TM armors are difficult to find sometimes). Buying from USA for Italians is a nightmare sometimes. Custom taxes are very high and often packages are lost or arrive damaged. Shipping costs are also expensive. So, please, understand the choice. (discalimer: I'm not a member of Italian 501st anymore, I'm speaking about/for myself).

I can post some detailed pics if you want, so the experts of the forum could tell me wether the armour is as accurate as it seems or not.

Edited by lightside

Hello,

I can post some detailed pics if you want, so the experts of the forum could tell me wether the armour is as accurate as it seems or not.

I would be interested in seeing photos!

Jess

Danny

I've seen serveral sets of these and helped a few garrison guys build one or two that they've

turned up with at Armour Party's.

Definitely recast, not SDS more AP/TE/TE2.(as the messed up tour suit bicep and forearm)

The quality is not too bad,some detail lost here and there through molds/soft pulls.

Very durable ABS, it seems to have a high rubbery content to it and its very pliable.

I've heard nothing but good reports about the seller and the service he provides.

Now the only question left is you have to ask yourself if you want to support a known recaster or not?.

Differcult I know, but a consideration never the less.

Hope this as helped

Just and adivce: I purchased this armor because it was sold without the helmet. I have a GF of second generation (made on a GF modified mould to be more accurate) but the problem is that the color of the ABS doesn't match at all. I thought my helmet was a "grade 1" as the armor I bought, but it seems to be a "grade 0", almost blueish, and the difference is very visible.

I think I'm going to sell my helmet. So think about that before buying an armor without its helmet.

Edited by lightside

Danny

I've seen serveral sets of these and helped a few garrison guys build one or two that they've

turned up with at Armour Party's.

Definitely recast, not SDS more AP/TE/TE2.(as the messed up tour suit bicep and forearm)

The quality is not too bad,some detail lost here and there through molds/soft pulls.

Very durable ABS, it seems to have a high rubbery content to it and its very pliable.

I've heard nothing but good reports about the seller and the service he provides.

Now the only question left is you have to ask yourself if you want to support a known recaster or not?.

Differcult I know, but a consideration never the less.

Hope this as helped

I think the important thing is that the seller is a honest person, and seeing that he discourages any use of the 501st name to sell products I think this one is.

Moreover he rarely sells enitre armors, he sells mostly spare parts giving an help to europeans.

Edited by lightside

I think the important thing is that the seller is a honest person, and seeing that he discourages any use of the 501st name to sell products I think this one is.

Moreover he rarely sells enitre armors, he sells mostly spare parts giving an help to europeans.

Daniele

I couldn't agree with you more regarding relabilty and honesty in a seller, I think these traits should be important

with any transaction you have and I can see that you are more then happy with your purchase so I'm very happy for you. :)

As for selling complete sets of armour?

As I said in my review, I've seen at least 8 of these kits and know of another 4-5 in the UK, so I'd think

that you'd find they may be not as rare as you may have first thought.

:)

As for selling complete sets of armour?

As I said in my review, I've seen at least 8 of these kits and know of another 4-5 in the UK, so I'd think

that you'd find they may be not as rare as you may have first thought.

:)

Yes, you're probably right. I've been far from armor market since 2005, when there was few sellers around, mostly from the United States.

Edited by lightside

• 4 weeks later...

I've ordered a part from this seller as his feedback seems to be o.k.

unfortunately, I seem to be one of those people that don't receive my item.

It's been 6 weeks. many emails set & not replied too. In total I've got one response. "It must have got lost in the post, I'll send another one" . Communications has stopped again. I'd understand a delay if it was explained. I'd advise caution with this seller. I'll update if I get any response of my item, but I'm not holding my breathe.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 6 weeks. many emails set & not replied too. In total I've got one response. "It must have got lost in the post, I'll send another one" . Communications has stopped again. I'd understand a delay if it was explained. I'd advise caution with this seller. I'll update if I get any response of my item, but I'm not holding my breathe.

I sincerly regret to hear that. I just purchased other items by him and had no problems at all. But I know he has a job that sometimes takes him away from PC for days.

Ask him for the number of expedition to track it (items sent by him are normally trackable).

Edited by lightside

Hey Alan, sorry to hear about your problem.

If you have not received your purchase, then unfortunately you probably won't :(

My advice, you need to resolve this problem, by starting in the "Resolution Center". You will find it under the "Help" tab on Ebay ). Ebay will help you with this problem.

From the Ebay Resolution Center:

What to do if you don't receive an item or it doesn't match the seller's description

When you buy an item on eBay, you can do so with confidence. If you haven't received the item or it doesn't match the seller's description, your purchase price plus original shipping may be covered by the eBay resolution process. If you have a problem, we're here to help you.

Steps to take for problems with an item

1. If you haven't already, contact your seller. Many issues can be solved with a simple conversation.

2. If the seller hasn't made things right, contact us so we can help. You can open a case 3 days after the estimated delivery date of an item or 7 days after making payment if you weren't given an estimated delivery date.

3. If you've already received the item, and it's damaged or doesn't match the listing description, you can open a case.

To open a case, contact us.

4. If you haven't received the item, the seller may:

Provide shipping tracking information

Issue you a full refund

Offer to send you a replacement item, if you agree

We'll ask you to confirm that you've received the item or the refund.

If you received the item, but it doesn't match the seller's description, the seller may:

Offer you a partial refund

Ask that you return the item for a full refund

Ask that you return the item in exchange for a replacement item, if you agree

If you're offered a partial refund, you can accept it, request a different amount, or suggest another solution, like returning the item for a full refund. You can also ask eBay Customer Support to review the case. Keep in mind that eBay's decision on a case is final.

We'll ask you to confirm that you've received the refund or sent the item back. To show that you've sent an item back to the seller, you'll need to ship the item with tracking information and then enter the tracking number in the Resolution Center.

Here is the link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Just state the facts from start to the point that you are now with the seller. Do not get into name calling. It does not put a good light on you. If the seller is not going to work with you, then you can have Ebay Customer Support escalate the claim. If Ebay finds in your favor, then you may be issued a full refund...

Tom :duim:

If you have not received your purchase, then unfortunately you probably won't :(

My advice, you need to resolve this problem, by starting in the "Resolution Center". You will find it under the "Help" tab on Ebay ). Ebay will help you with this problem.

From the Ebay Resolution Center:

What to do if you don't receive an item or it doesn't match the seller's description

When you buy an item on eBay, you can do so with confidence. If you haven't received the item or it doesn't match the seller's description, your purchase price plus original shipping may be covered by the eBay resolution process. If you have a problem, we're here to help you.

Steps to take for problems with an item

1. If you haven't already, contact your seller. Many issues can be solved with a simple conversation.

2. If the seller hasn't made things right, contact us so we can help. You can open a case 3 days after the estimated delivery date of an item or 7 days after making payment if you weren't given an estimated delivery date.

3. If you've already received the item, and it's damaged or doesn't match the listing description, you can open a case.

To open a case, contact us.

4. If you haven't received the item, the seller may:

Provide shipping tracking information

Issue you a full refund

Offer to send you a replacement item, if you agree

We'll ask you to confirm that you've received the item or the refund.

If you received the item, but it doesn't match the seller's description, the seller may:

Offer you a partial refund

Ask that you return the item for a full refund

Ask that you return the item in exchange for a replacement item, if you agree

If you're offered a partial refund, you can accept it, request a different amount, or suggest another solution, like returning the item for a full refund. You can also ask eBay Customer Support to review the case. Keep in mind that eBay's decision on a case is final.

We'll ask you to confirm that you've received the refund or sent the item back. To show that you've sent an item back to the seller, you'll need to ship the item with tracking information and then enter the tracking number in the Resolution Center.

Here is the link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Just state the facts from start to the point that you are now with the seller. Do not get into name calling. It does not put a good light on you. If the seller is not going to work with you, then you can have Ebay Customer Support escalate the claim. If Ebay finds in your favor, then you may be issued a full refund...

Tom :duim:

This is all correct. But seeing seller feedbacks and direct experiences (like mine) I would be patient for a while. I would try to write again asking for the expedition number first.

Tom

That stament is a bit harsh mate considering that I have heard nothing but good reports about this guy

and he as 100% feedback from his past customers.

I don't know the man, but to make a statement like this and advise someone to open up a dispute

without knowing the full details is jumping the gun a little bit don't you think?

Alan

If all other avenues fail and you have no contact from the seller, then let him know of your intentions

and then contact Ebay and Paypal letting them know of the situation so that proceedings can start

if need be.

I hope it all turns out alright for you mate, best of luck.

This is all correct. But seeing seller feedbacks and direct experiences (like mine) I would be patient for a while. I would try to write again asking for the expedition number first.

Make sure that you do all your communications through Ebay, do not go through your private emails. This is so, ebay can see all that has transpired.

That is why you go through the resolution center, so ebay can see everything that's happening with the two parties.

From Ebay's Resolution Center:

We always encourage our members to communicate with each other when there's a problem with a transaction. If you've already attempted to contact the member but were unable to resolve the problem, you can open a case.

To start the resolution process, please tell us what your problem is:

*I bought an item. I sold an item.

*I haven't received it yet.

*I haven't received my payment yet.

*I received an item that does not match the seller's description.

Tom

That stament is a bit harsh mate considering that I have heard nothing but good reports about this guy and he as 100% feedback from his past customers.

I don't know the man, but to make a statement like this and advise someone to open up a dispute

without knowing the full details is jumping the gun a little bit don't you think?

Bill, I wasn't trying to be harsh in this situation. I have had similar situations with items off of Ebay with people who have 100% feedback as well. By six weeks going by and not hearing anything from the seller, wouldn't you be bothered by that? Since the seller has not communicated with Allen in anyway, Ebay would like to document this, so if it is necessary to escalate the claim, Ebay will have all the information at hand to make their decision. The resolve center is not only to protect the buyer, but the seller, also. I wasn't trying to send anyone out with pitch forks and torches to drag this person out, but only to say that you do an option to resolve this.

Make sure that you do all your communications through Ebay, do not go through your private emails. This is so, ebay can see all that has transpired.

That is why you go through the resolution center, so ebay can see everything that's happening with the two parties.

From Ebay's Resolution Center:

We always encourage our members to communicate with each other when there's a problem with a transaction. If you've already attempted to contact the member but were unable to resolve the problem, you can open a case.

To start the resolution process, please tell us what your problem is:

*I bought an item. I sold an item.

*I haven't received it yet.

*I haven't received my payment yet.

*I received an item that does not match the seller's description.

Always. I always answer emails through ebay for ebay auctions.