A banned member:banned for many reasons (gino)

WWIIREBEL

15 page derail of a thread calling TM a recaster on the RPF. Really, its not worth rehashing. TM is not a recaster.

I know TMs not a recaster, that's why I thought I missed something... and apparently it was a thread chocked full of drama. I'll try and avoid it :lol:

Having a conversation with Gino the last few days...

I think three things are happing.

1. He is having a serious rethink on things. That is good.

2. He has made something available that has not been available at any real time. Not just one year ago, these were 1000.00. I have seen a Vac machine he built, (online) so he is looking to supply. This is good as well.

3. He (in his own way) is trying to apologize to the community. Now, not everyone will get that and leopards dont change spots easy. However... I think its fair to support as we really dont know anything on Gino the Vendor, just Gino the collector and prop guy. I would also venture to say that his offering will be a tad warmed over.. not his full on prop. I dont blame him. Really, many complain about bumpy caps as they dont know that its accurate.

That said...

He has made many a mistake in this community as had a few other vendors. Some of his accusations I even went Toe to toe with him on. Your view on Gino be what it may just remember that people can change. Only time will tell his intent. We as a community are a giving and forgiving bunch. There are still people willing to give TE money, and he has a very long history of not delivering. This game is a game of trust, and it only takes a few bad sales to mess up a guys rep. I hope that his helmets find a market... but as times are tightening and his name may hinder some sales. Ginos helmets are close to the top of the food chain and I plan on getting one. I want to see how big they are. They are from the time frame of the TE and TE2. Should be a nice helmet. His ways, I hope at least, are changed.

Many a bridge burnt, but maybe... just maybe... he can build some back. Time will tell.

Well ,it would realy a nice movement from Gino , to become a nice,friendly, pacient and honestly vendor.

After all lies and shucks he had told.

But if i have learn only one thing in my life , than that, people never can change.

NEVER!

Onetime a very impolite person , alltime a very impolite person.

Sorry , but that's my experience.

As you write, only time will tell us.

But i'm not the one, who will test this "new Gino" with my money ;) .

15 page derail of a thread calling TM a recaster on the RPF. Really, its not worth rehashing. TM is not a recaster.

I also not belive this, but Gino told me this .

Edited by Turrican

For me it's all about the seller. I'm a believer of "treating customers right". If I have a good experience with a seller and I'm happy with the product I have paid for (TM!) then I will return to that seller for future purchases. If I have bad experiences with a seller or even heard how that seller has badly treated others from this community, then I will not buy or return - quite simple really!

Don't get me wrong, they do look like nice buckets, however, My first port of call for any accurate lids will always be TM and TE2. Great products and great blokes.

I too believe that leopards can't change their spots.

Smally

I too believe that leopards can't change their spots.

Smally

I think theres more chance of a leopard changing to pink stripes with green spots than Gino openly offering something... he must be up to something the man does nothing for the good of anyone but himself :angry:

I think theres more chance of a leopard changing to pink stripes with green spots than Gino openly offering something... he must be up to something the man does nothing for the good of anyone but himself :angry:

Then lets hope nobody would recast his helmets,TE2 helmets,TM helmets,AP helmets,whatever,so the world will be in peace.

Its hard enough,please if theres anyone thinking trying to recast,please dont,dont make it harder everyone who didnt.

Sorry if i too harsh on this board.

Perhaps this fella has gone and got in touch with his inner nerd and wanted to share it with the costuming community at large. I hope he realizes that he only has friends to gain. Much more so than locking away his builds and treating them as "my precious".

Perhaps this fella has gone and got in touch with his inner nerd and wanted to share it with the costuming community at large. I hope he realizes that he only has friends to gain. Much more so than locking away his builds and treating them as "my precious".

Sorry Troy but.... hahahahahahahhahahahhaaha and monkeys might fly outta my butt! this is the man who offers "rewards" to anyone who finds original parts then keeps the info to himself and says he found the item on his own so he doesent have to pay up on whatever he offered.

Sorry Troy but.... hahahahahahahhahahahhaaha and monkeys might fly outta my butt! this is the man who offers "rewards" to anyone who finds original parts then keeps the info to himself and says he found the item on his own so he doesent have to pay up on whatever he offered.

I can assure you from personal experience, that he is not the only guy in the Star Wars prop community that doesn't make good on their bounty offers.

The MEPD guys will recognise the words "Sonix Victory 75"

Edited by TK-J

Who found the part and didn't get paid? As far as the reward thing goes, think about it for a sec. Why would you expect someone to share something he has basically just 'paid' for? It was up to him to share the info if he wanted to. I felt his query was misinterpreted and everyone joined in in trying to find the part. Heck, even I did and was bummed when he said he found it but I didn't think that he was required to share what he found.

Who found the part and didn't get paid? As far as the reward thing goes, think about it for a sec. Why would you expect someone to share something he has basically just 'paid' for? It was up to him to share the info if he wanted to. I felt his query was misinterpreted and everyone joined in in trying to find the part. Heck, even I did and was bummed when he said he found it but I didn't think that he was required to share what he found.

No hes not obligated to share info... but i thought that is what this community is based on.. well maybe just here on the FISD! as for the offers to find parts i have been told that someone found the part and told him .. he then claimed to have found the exact part he was looking for and that noone would get the "reward" the part turned out ot be the one found by another member, or very close to it which suggests to me that the member pointed him in the right direction.

Hmmmm....

Its a good looking helmet. And despite my opinion of Gino its a tempting buy. ...

Why? AP has almost the exact same helmet for a fraction of the price. (generally 250$ish and comes with extras.)

Edited by MiDri

Actually a Gino bucket is far from an AP. Number one is the materials. The Gino helmet is pulled in HIPS 60 and will show MUCH MORE details than the ABS 80 helmet provided by AP. Secondly the AP is a more sanitized version which as far as accuracy goes places the Gino helmet head and shoulders above the AP. Dont get me wrong. AP's are great helmets and alot more durable than the Gino. Ones for trooping and the other is for putting on a shelf wink.gif

Not to mention the number of AP buckets in circulation vs the number of Gino Helmets.

Edited by Smitty

Actually a Gino bucket is far from an AP. Number one is the materials. The Gino helmet is pulled in HIPS 60 and will show MUCH MORE details than the ABS 80 helmet provided by AP. Secondly the AP is a more sanitized version which as far as accuracy goes places the Gino helmet head and shoulders above the AP. Dont get me wrong. AP's are great helmets and alot more durable than the Gino. Ones for trooping and the other is for putting on a shelf wink.gif

Not to mention the number of AP buckets in circulation vs the number of Gino Helmets.

I suppose that's true. Talked with gino a bit today, he seems to genuinely want to contribute to the community -- So I suppose if you're a helmet collector it would make sense to grab up a gino now.

Edited by MiDri

Newbie Armor history guy here,

So what I have read, looks like Gino (I know of him from starwarshelmets) was a armor vendor who I suppose mess up baddly in the past (I don't know why assuming deals went bad really quickly). Now it appears as if he has returned and everyone is questioning why and such. I am sort of right or not. Correct me please if you don't mind.

Second note. I do have to say those helmets are nice just because they are the Gloss plastic. Its a pain to paint HIPS for sure. But for around $500 USD is a bit much for me. Probably would have to watch and see how the game is played out if the price drops far enough before he stops selling them.

Just my .02 cents.

Cheers,

Quinn

Newbie Armor history guy here,

So what I have read, looks like Gino (I know of him from starwarshelmets) was a armor vendor who I suppose mess up baddly in the past (I don't know why assuming deals went bad really quickly). Now it appears as if he has returned and everyone is questioning why and such. I am sort of right or not. Correct me please if you don't mind.

Second note. I do have to say those helmets are nice just because they are the Gloss plastic. Its a pain to paint HIPS for sure. But for around $500 USD is a bit much for me. Probably would have to watch and see how the game is played out if the price drops far enough before he stops selling them.

Just my .02 cents.

Cheers,

Quinn

The price Gino is asking for his helmet is nuts. Nutty great!

Not to long ago...

An FX kit cost 1100 bucks.

A good Helmet.. 500 minimum.

A TE... 750.

A Gino? Cough up a kidney. Maybe add a liver. Then you have to be the right donor.

Now you can own an ATA for a tenth of what many helmets went for not to long ago. An AP is even obtainable at a low price. Quality is in the collectors eyes. Nice shinny plastic is great, but the warts and the bumps make my day and float my boat. I am sure that you all think I am flat out nuts for the money I have in my Vader. But I strive for the best and highest end parts, accuracy and to me it all boils to the fact I want the public to see the Vader onscreen, not a good Vader costume.

My point is, its not about price. The economy will support what it supports. Here is an offering that is on par.. trumps most really with the most accurate helmets ever made from any source. Debated? Sure! But this helmet is among the top 4 helmets ever offered... I love my ATA lids but they are not as good as a Gino. I have owned them all really, an AP, TE, TE2,TM, ANHV2, CAP, MRCE, FX, ATA, and soon a Gino. Cant wait. Sure it looks like a TK. All of them do. But its the details I am excited to see.

Really, if Gino wants to offer and is able to meet demand... More power to him. I think its cool. Gino has rubbed a lot of people wrong with his comments on the hobby, not the vending end of it ( aside from the endless banter on recasting for a while) but the details and his ethics side of the hobby. He is looking to sell helmets, and helmets on the top of the food chain.

Edited by Runnriottt

To clear the air - Gino got banned for *one* reason, and it had nothing to do with his sales. He got banned for constantly baiting and engaging in flame wars even when being warned repeatedly not to. This is in contrast to TE who got banned both for constantly baiting/flaming *and* not delivering on his sales as promised.