First Troop in the New Armor

Well, after all the work getting this going and replacing my other EIB armor, I was finally able to go to a troop in it. I have a few pictures of me and the guys. I'm the only TK there, it's my EIB ESB gear. The event was amazing. There had to be at least 300 kids there. They had Star Wars related activities, and even showed episode IV on a big screen. Heck the first picture was actually in the local newspaper!

Anywho, here ya go:

IMG00163-20100501-16001.thumb.jpg.562a4c5a2fee5e5be6094c942208e8a6.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Hey guys! Thanks for the compliments! Yea, it was a really rewarding troop. The kids acted well, which is always a plus, and you could tell they were all astounded to be with us. The younger kids were in awe, and the older kids wanted to "hang out" with us by following us and helping us around :). They had a paper "space ship" area where you could learn to make some pretty neat paper airplanes from books they had, and then test them toward a hanging net that had loop targets on it for you to aim at. They had a "make you're own blaster" area, where you could make a blaster out of boxes and wrapping paper tubes, ect. And then other ones, like an area where you got to make your own planet, ect ect ect.

It was a great event to do the armor in, as it was indoors, cool, full of appreciative kids, and a very long event which made it quite a bit of fun :).

Thanks again, the armor is as fun to wear as it is to look at, that I promise you! :) I absolutely love it, and I could never NOT be a TK, that much I know. Other armors will come and go, but there's something really magical about the TK.

Great looking armour! It fits well and looks freaking imposing ...just the way it's supposed to.

It's also good to see that you were able to bring along the blaster (and didn't have to spend the afternoon with your hands on your belt). I don't think the librarians around here would be so cool.

Yea, it was nice that we weren't made to carry bananas instead of blasters ;). I never like trooping without my blaster.. I don't really know where to put my hands, and the belt post makes me feel like I'm doing a Darth Vader haha.

Yea, it's amazing to see it looks like I stepped off the set. I've owned it for a handful of months now, and I'm still in awe of it as the first day I got the kit. It's funny to know that as a kid, I played with the figures and wished I could be one. I never would have expected to one day own armor that was the spitting image of the films I cherished growing up.

Thanks again for the compliments. It was a great troop, and it was really fun giving the new armor it's first troop.

Great pictures, nice ESB TK. Your knee ammo belt looks off, though. It stands out at an angle and doesn't look like it's rounded? Maybe just the pics, dunno.

Sounds like they had great workshops there for the kids. "Build your own blaster"? How cool is that?

Great pictures, nice ESB TK. Your knee ammo belt looks off, though. It stands out at an angle and doesn't look like it's rounded? Maybe just the pics, dunno.

Sounds like they had great workshops there for the kids. "Build your own blaster"? How cool is that?

Yep it was pretty cool.

The ammo belt is parallel with my thigh armor. My leg is at an angle, which is why it looks like it's sticking out. Also, for ESB standards, the shape is correct. That threw me off when I first saw the kit, too.