Speaker in chest plate

I used 2 strips of industrial strength velcro, speaker facing away from your chest into the plate, works like a charm for me. I also mounted the wireless unit beside it in the same fashion.

Ditto. I use TK6294's AKER amp, and it's mounted via industrial velcro on the inside of the chest plate. Mic cord runs from the ear mounted mic, through the neckseal, under the bib, and plugs into the amp.

Great Stuff.

Ā 

I'm going to try using a strip of sticky-back sound insulation (got from work), and some elastic. Aker amp owners know that it has a belt clip, I used the foam for the "base" so the items won't fall out. Then glued a piece of 1 1/2" elastic fitted to size. I'm waiting for the E-6000 to set before I try inserting the receiver and amp. If it works, I'll post a HOWTO.

Ā 

Thanks for the ideas, Troopers!

On my TK I have the wireless receiver attached with industrial strength Velcro. Then I have the Aker MR1506 10watt amp in the back armor facing outward attached with industrial strength Velcro. In back armor I also have a mini box that holds and protect my hyperdyne card. I also have 3pc enclosed battery box with switch for the hyperdyne power. I use AA size lithium ion batteries that each have 3.7volt (instead of 1.5volts). After using the aker amps i have fell in love with high voltage Lithium batteries. It takes half the normal AA and they last so much longer. Plus they are rechargeable. Everything is attached with industrial strength velcro.

Ā 

In my FX Stealthtrooper, i have both the wireless receiver and a Aker MT1506 10watt amp in the back armor. The amp faces outward. I also have a mini box for a old romFX and a lithium enclosed battery box for power. The FX back plate has more room than my other TK armor does. Everything is attached with industrial strength velcro.

Ā 

Tip: When you use industrial strength velcro, always make sure the fuzzy side faces your body. If you place the hook/rough side towards your body then your undersuit will snag on the velcro and start pulling threads...

i glued a horizontal strip of 1.5" elastic into my chestplate and i use the clip on the AKER and just slide it on. So its basically just strapped on. i can get a pic if you'd like.

I'd like to see your set-up. Makes sense if it'll fit in an FX chestplate.

Thanks Lou!

Ā 

Yes, that's basically what I did. Only I used some foam as a shelf for the items to sit on. I'll take some pics tonight of what I did to give you an idea.

Ā 

Here's a couple pics...----------

Ā 

Looks like it's going to work fine. I added a little bit of foam to the amp to eliminate any chance of sound vibration when speaking.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 5/16/2010 at 4:53 AM, SolderMaster said:

Thanks Lou!

Ā 

Yes, that's basically what I did. Only I used some foam as a shelf for the items to sit on. I'll take some pics tonight of what I did to give you an idea.

Ā 

Here's a couple pics...-on when speaking.

Ā 

Ā 

I like it! What a great idea!

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thanks. I'm sure it's been done before but...

Ā 

I might as well show the rest...----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

thats pretty much what i did!

Ā 

The way the amp and receiver fit in the armor is VERY secure. I flipped it upside-down and shook the crapola out of it and it stayed put. I used E6000 for the glue. Very sturdy. Now...I just need my ROM/FX to show up and I'll be set! Take your time, John...ok not really...but ya..take your time! heh

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing! This layout actually helped me out a lot for my final touch on the romfx ^^

Ā 

Glad you approve! I have since replaced the wireless receiver for the ROM/FX. I put the ROM/FX board into my old Blue Point "Leatherman" case. One wire going from the ROM/FX to the AKER amp and one wire for the Mic. I mounted the ROM/FX batteries in two 4AA holders right under the foam shelves atached with velcro. I just run the wire under my neck seal and into the lid. I will post pics this weekend. AFTER MY FIRST TROOP!

Glad you approve! I have since replaced the wireless receiver for the ROM/FX. I put the ROM/FX board into my old Blue Point "Leatherman" case. One wire going from the ROM/FX to the AKER amp and one wire for the Mic. I mounted the ROM/FX batteries in two 4AA holders right under the foam shelves atached with velcro. I just run the wire under my neck seal and into the lid. I will post pics this weekend. AFTER MY FIRST TROOP!

Ā 

Sweet! Looking forward to it!! ^^

Although I don't troop, I do have a RomFX and instead of mounting the speaker to the inside of the chest plate, I have made a pocket on the front bib of my neck seal that holds the speaker and the RomFX. The microphone is permanantly attached to inside of my balaclava and nothing is connect to my helmet or armour. The set up is very good and very clear. Works for me :D