Rank advancment

Trooper Zero

Ok, so Grand Moff is 3000- no sweat! I should be there in no time. :blink:

Stick around and be helpful and you'll be there in no time. Took me about 2 years. Easy. :)

[subliminal messaging]

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Like Daetrin said, the more you contribute, the faster you will get there....(this should be 50) Lol.

We've also said repeatedly that post count is not equatable with quality. This is why we created the FISD Achievement awards. Some people get high post counts simply by making a lot of "cool bro!" replies, but if you look at the AAM winners not all have big post counts. They earn that from making singular contributions to the board. An example is nothingrecorded and forlornhope who did much to nail down the TKC paint details when the costume was new, confusing, and we didn't have a clear path forward for people to do this costume correctly. TKDueno doesn't have a lot of posts either, but did some ground breaking work on blaster sound boards.

Hope that helps...

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Once I reach colonel I may have to stop posting, so to not outrank my father who is a retired air force colonel. He's 84 and still gets his hair trimmed at the base exchange barber.

Edited by Surfintrooper
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

We've also said repeatedly that post count is not equatable with quality. This is why we created the FISD Achievement awards. Some people get high post counts simply by making a lot of "cool bro!" replies, but if you look at the AAM winners not all have big post counts. They earn that from making singular contributions to the board. An example is nothingrecorded and forlornhope who did much to nail down the TKC paint details when the costume was new, confusing, and we didn't have a clear path forward for people to do this costume correctly. TKDueno doesn't have a lot of posts either, but did some ground breaking work on blaster sound boards.

Hope that helps...

As a note on this, I used to build php forums and chat sites (mainly for mobile/cell phones before smart phones arrived)

I added a script to the coding to stop what was called "slave Leia posting" (short replies to increase post count) the script counted words and any replies under 8 words did not count towards your post count...

Maybe I was just too strict loll...

Ha, I got caught by the profanity filter

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again...

Edited by AWOL

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

@Surfintrooper -- I agree with that sentiment. Although in my case it's a bit more complicated. My granddad separated from the USAF as a First Lieutenant in 1950 and was promoted to Captain upon retirement in recognition of his Contributions. So I have a sort of "good enough for him mentality... But as you can see I've also blown past that to Major on here, which is the rank of the Imperial officer persona I've crafted for character context. So at all three I've wondered "is there any way to lock it here...?".

--Jonah

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:24 PM, AWOL said:

As a note on this, I used to build php forums and chat sites (mainly for mobile/cell phones before smart phones arrived)

I added a script to the coding to stop what was called "slave Leia posting" (short replies to increase post count) the script counted words and any replies under 8 words did not count towards your post count...

Ha, I got caught by the profanity filter emoji13.png

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again...

Actually, that's a good suggestion wrt to "me too" posts.  Even though yeah, they don't mean a lot, some people "game" it by posting to new threads with things like "great idea" or "me too", or "welcome to FISD".    Even if we did that though, they'd just game it to have a longer comment.   Besides, sometimes a post of "good point" during a conversation is a valid post.

In the end they are what they are and show what they are intended - activity levels.  The fact that a few try to "game" the system doesn't mean the feature - used by every forum out there - doesn't work well for the other 97% of members.

On 4/20/2016 at 8:24 AM, AWOL said:

I like that! I recently saw a new user here on FISD do just that with a welcome spam copy/paste where he "welcomed" everyone in the "New Member Introductions" forum back to like 2014.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2010 at 8:10 AM, Daetrin said:

I can.

Private 0

Corporal 25

Sergeant 50

Lieutenant 100

Captain 150

Major 250

Colonel 500

Commander 1000

General 1500