Rank advancment

Trooper Zero

it's derived from your post count. the more posts the higher the rank.

if you're a member of the 501 then it just says 'member'

or if you're EIB then you get 'expert infantry'

Thanks for the info, I will be sure to post at least good or smart posts.

Hey Tanner, we only joked around after you got the right answer from tkbondservnt. There was nothing else to answer.

What's life without humor ?

Pat

:)

• 3 weeks later...

I can.

Private 0

Corporal 25

Sergeant 50

Lieutenant 100

Captain 150

Major 250

Colonel 500

Commander 1000

General 1500

Field Marshall 2000

Grand Moff 3000

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I can.

Private 0

Corporal 25

Sergeant 50

Lieutenant 100

Captain 150

Major 250

Colonel 500

Commander 1000

General 1500

Field Marshall 2000

Grand Moff 3000

Has anyone ever considered "pinning" this information under the FISD guidelines? I imagine I wasn't the only one wondering what these ranks meant when I first joined...

The red based one is called the FISD Service Medal. I created it as a thank-you to everyone who served on staff a full year (or close to it). The reason is that staff work so hard throughout the year and get very little recognition for it. I wanted a way to say thanks and commemorate their work, as otherwise once they roll off of staff people tend to forget what they contributed. Each star is a subsequent award, e.g. one star is a second award, two starts 3rd award, etc.

That worked great, but we also had people outside of staff who contribute quite a bit as well. They create best of the best tutorials, or else spend the hours taking screen caps of some EU character, or else just really contribute over time by consistently helping out new members. I wanted a way of saying "thanks" for that as well, as post counts really don't tell the full story (see * below).

So I created the FISD Merit Award for oustanding contributions to FISD and the FISD community. In order to keep things fair I also made a rule that current staff can't get this award, as they are already getting "rewarded" with a Service Medal and also that the real reward is the good karma feeling of giving back and helping others. Service is a privelege in it's own right.

The reason you see a lot of staff (or former staff) with both ribbons is that I usually recruited new staff from Merit Award winners as they had already demonstrated their spirit of troopers helping troopers, though as you can also see this is not a hard and fast rule, as talent is where you find it, and there are many ways of contributing to the community.

Does this help?

* aside: on MEPD one person - I think it was Brak's Buddy - used to have a signature that read something (this is from memory) like:

- You are not your post count

- You are not your TE armor

- You are not your hyperfirm blaster

What he was trying to say was that we really are equals in the hobby and status is gained by helping others, not by having the most accurate kit or posting a lot. A great way for helping keep egos in check :)

• Like 2

Thank you for explaining that, Daetrin - makes perfect sense and is obviously well-deserved by all recepients. I would be hard-pressed to find another forum as informational and helpful (outside the other Detachment forums) as FISD. The same question might be asked 100 times here, but it is always responded to as if it were the first time.

(whoo-hoo...one post closer to Corporal!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Jason - I wondered for the longest time the way the rankings system worked, and boom! Here it is. Goes without saying, the FISD is awesome. It's like a computer -- you can easily get miscellaneous info via it but you have plenty of reasons to get used to working with it.

• 3 months later...

* aside: on MEPD one person - I think it was Brak's Buddy - used to have a signature that read something (this is from memory) like:

- You are not your post count

- You are not your TE armor

- You are not your hyperfirm blaster

What he was trying to say was that we really are equals in the hobby and status is gained by helping others, not by having the most accurate kit or posting a lot. A great way for helping keep egos in check smile.png

That's a great quote-- I couldn't agree more!

• Like 1