Help - No TK numbers?

JonAck

Hi guys

Apologies if this is in the wrong bit of the forum but can anyone help.

I am trying to fill out my 501st Garrison application form and am trying to find TK numbers but all up to 9999 seem to be taken. Can I use the TK of an In-Active member? The membership form doesn't accept 5 digit numbers.

Am I not seeing something obvious??

Can anyone help, as I assume there can't be two troopers with the same id

Any advice gratefully appeciated

Jon

I don't know why you can't have 5-digit numbers, but I do know that once you get your ID it stays with you the rest of your life. So you can't get the ID of an inactive member. It's theirs forever.

Edited by Locitus

Just at a quick glance, I see that 3093, 3094, 3095, 3097, 3104, 3122, etc... are not being used. There are more than that, but I just picked them out as an example. Did you use the official 501st Member Roster when trying to make your choices? It is tough to try and count through all of the numbers to see where the gaps are, but there are definitely still numbers available. Once a member is assigned a number, I don't believe it can ever be re-assigned, even if that member is inactive, in order to eliminate confusion as to which number belongs to whom. Hope that helps!

Here is something that you might find useful, it was written by a member of my garrison.....

When I went to send in my 501st application, I got really sick of having to sort through the list and find the available IDs, so this is a little program I wrote in C# that does it for you.

The program accesses the online 501st roster, downloads it, and displays the untaken IDs, and some stats. If your internet goes down, the program will read from the backup file instead of the online list.

Right now there are too many available IDs to fit on one screen, so it also gives you the option to save the results to a file. It will be saved as Available501stIDs.txt in the folder the .exe is run from.

This is a very quick project so it doesn't have a lot of error catching or nice features, but it gets the job done. If there is a lot of support I may expand it to be better and offer it in the Detachment forums, etc.

Make sure to Save rather than Run

Edited by bluehickey

shouldn't the legion provide a listing of inactive numbers on the website for users to more facilitate the selection?

It's on the web-team's to do list. When finished it'll be a drop down menu of all the available TKIDs on the application page.

Here is something that you might find useful, it was written by a member of my garrison.....

When I went to send in my 501st application, I got really sick of having to sort through the list and find the available IDs, so this is a little program I wrote in C# that does it for you.

The program accesses the online 501st roster, downloads it, and displays the untaken IDs, and some stats. If your internet goes down, the program will read from the backup file instead of the online list.

Right now there are too many available IDs to fit on one screen, so it also gives you the option to save the results to a file. It will be saved as Available501stIDs.txt in the folder the .exe is run from.

This is a very quick project so it doesn't have a lot of error catching or nice features, but it gets the job done. If there is a lot of support I may expand it to be better and offer it in the Detachment forums, etc.

This works well in linux with wine too! You just need to install the mono-for-windows library to run .NET code in wine. Just remember to run it in a terminal.

Good app!

Thank you for that! I was doing it the hard way, I copied the entire table from the 501st site and put it in Excel and manually added in the "holes" with highlights so I could quickly go through the list when I get the armor done.