How to: T-21 Blaster scratch build

Terry, that is out of this world mate :)

Love it!!!!

Only tip I will give is, if you need it that is, your wooden sections can get a little heavy, so when I do stuff like this I use an Archery Target (hi density foam) and cut out my shapes. Cover wire mesh and bondo

Makes the same shapes but a fraction of the weight :)

That said, who cares, this build is amazing and sorry I hadn't see it before. Very cool

Thanks for sharing

John

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm very impressed of your build and have decided to copy your tutorial. The biggest hurdle at this point has been converting from imperial measurements to metric (inches to millimetres) and of course getting the crop & cutting of the down load able template  to match accurate sizing. . In obtaining material has be quite easy & I have been able to locate material of the correct sizing which takes away the issue of resizing over sized materials . Will post my development of my T 21 as it progresses in a new topic window. Thanks for the motivational tutorial.

Edited by Old Trooper

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is hands down the absolute best blaster replica I've seen. The detail & electronics are without compare. Reviewing this tutorial is both daunting and inspiring.

VERY well done- congratulations!!

• 7 months later...

This step is for later (electronics) but I wanted to feed the wires through the chamber pipes before they were glued in place

4580079453_afa9f01547.jpg

Great build. EXTREMELY helpful. However question: HOW did you drill this hole for the wires... and what kind of wires are you using here? (what gauge, etc)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for doing all of this! I'll be starting a build in a few weeks and that template plus this and a few other threads on MEPD are going to be my bible!

I had a friend print me up a couple prints of your template on some single sheets of paper and all I can say is I hung one on my garage wall and I can't stop staring at it! It's a great piece of work and I might just frame one up one of these days. ;)

IMAG1330_BURST002_1.jpg

Wow... I know this thread is "older" news, but as I am building a shiny ANH TK, I have been focusing my research on that and the E-11.

Since a TD is on my "one-day" list, and because Brian ^ has been talking up building a T-21 of late, I came by for a quick look-see at the build.

Beautiful work, Terry! Absolutely will be on my followed thread list for whenever I decide to tackle a T-21. Love everything about this build. Thanks for sharing!!

• 4 weeks later...

I've started a T21 build based on your tutorial but im confused by this piece.  I don't see this on the landing bay captains T21 or see it on any of the Lewis gun reference photos.  I'm curious where you see this piece on the prop? thanks

Front and side profiles glued into place
4580086467_751313f931.jpg