TK 6043 requesting EIB status[114][AP]

Hi!

Here�s my submission for EIB. Please, let me know if you need any more photos.

This is me:

http://www.501stlegion.org/members/displaymember.php?userID=11880&costumeID=124

http://www.501stlegion.org/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=11880

The armour has been modified a little since my clearance photos. We took on most of your suggestions and hopefully the biceps and forearms fit better as a result. You�ll also notice a Luke-style trim at the bottom of the chest plate to show off my buttons better.

I still need some smaller gloves but I�m waiting on delivery of some imitation latex handguards from Karin before I take care of that.

Details (with thanks to all the suppliers):

Armour & helmet: AP

Decals: Mike TK-4510

Lenses: Green welder�s mask (shade 3)

Hovi mic tips: Keith

Canvas belt: Rob

E-11 blaster: Hasbro/Doopydoos conversion with D-ring from Karin and T-track material which Dami�n kindly donated from his surplus (many thanks to you both!)

The photos:

1eibfront.jpg

1eibback.jpg

1eibrightgap.jpg

1eibright.jpg

1eibleftgap.jpg

1eibleft.jpg

1eibgeneral.jpg

1eibstraps.jpg

1eibdetail2.jpg

1eibdetailbelt.jpg

1eibhelmetfront.jpg

1eibhelmetextra.jpg

1eibHovis.jpg

1eibinterior2-1.jpg

1eibe114-1.jpg

1eibe113-1.jpg

1eibe112-1.jpg

1eibe111-1.jpg

Clear16.jpg

Thanks in advance

Conny Storm

Edited by Conny Storm

Great job on the armor! Other than Pat's suggestion I can't think of anything else. Should be an easy pass.

I think the thighs need trimming more than anything else. They're pretty much in line, they just seem too long... evidence of this can be seen in the back where the detail strip on the edge has been trimmed almost completely off for back knee clearance.

Also, what color are your ab buttons? The gray looks accurate, but the blue almost looks black compared to the blue of your bucket stripes in picture #3.

Lastly, you might want to consider having the "butt crack" more visible. As it stands now, your armor overlaps and you can't see any black there.

Great job though. You're almost there :).

Thanks for the input everyone.

As the builder, I can probably answer the questions a bit better.

I think the thighs need trimming more than anything else. They're pretty much in line, they just seem too long... evidence of this can be seen in the back where the detail strip on the edge has been trimmed almost completely off for back knee clearance.

No, she did put her thighs on a little askew. This is what they look like when she has them on properly ...

thighs.jpg

They are attached by elastic looped over a belt (garter-style), allowing them to move horizontally, hence she was able to put them on a bit wrong this time :rolleyes:

However, the length is fine. The extra trimming at the back is for some extra freedom of movement and is largely screen accurate. Many ANH Stormtroopers had extra trimming in the same areas to enable them to run.

01trimming.jpg

01trimming2.jpg

It also solved the problem of the horrendously bad match-up of the AP parts in that area as I was able to just cut away the misaligned edges.

Also, what color are your ab buttons? The gray looks accurate, but the blue almost looks black compared to the blue of your bucket stripes in picture #3.

Humbrol 15 Blue

Humbrol 5 Grey

Lastly, you might want to consider having the "butt crack" more visible. As it stands now, your armor overlaps and you can't see any black there.

That's a rather unorthodox piece of advice. I assure you that the kidney plate and butt plate do not overlap. They meet just as they did on the original suits.

01anhref-4983322.jpg

I'm intrigued as to why you would advise anyone to show "more black".

Great build! :duim:

Congrats Conny! (and Richard) :D

Do you have a bigger version of the action shot, by any chance?

Cheers.

• 4 months later...

Armour update 3rd Oct. 2010:

Just submitting photos on behalf of Conny. She has a replacement helmet for this armour. It's the TM helmet which originally belonged to my ANH suit (seen here http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=12583&st=0&gopid=157077entry157077). I have given it to her to replace the original AP helmet. No real change, just a slight adjustment of the screws to make for a higher brow.

I personally think it looks great next to the AP armour. The slight extra glossiness and the slight different shade give it that almost authentic look of the original the painted HIPS helmets next to the non-painted ABS suits.

I've actually been working on her armour a bit this weekend and we've managed to make some improvements to fit and finish of the chest/back/torso section. We'll get her fully suited up for more photos soon.

Anyway, here are the photos of the helmet for approval ...

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got some photos take of Conny's freshly tweaked armour together with her new TM helmet. I think we're satisifed with it now! :lol:

DSCF0223a.jpg

DSCF0225a.jpg

DSCF0226a.jpg

DSCF0227a.jpg

DSCF0229a.jpg

DSCF0230a.jpg

DSCF0231a.jpg

DSCF0232a.jpg

DSCF0235a.jpg

DSCF0241a.jpg

DSCF0281a.jpg

DSCF0285a.jpg

• 4 months later...

No hard armour for the missus anymore. She's just had her Imperial Crew costume cleared. Once I get my TIE pilot finished, I'll be getting her some gloves and donating my Gunner helmet so she can be the family Imperial Gunner. We're also working on an Ysanne Isard (weird EU officer character) costume for her.

Here's her only cleared costume at the moment ...

DSCF0424.jpg

DSCF0413.jpg

DSCF0415.jpg

DSCF0409.jpg

DSCF0419.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

Edited by Rick330

A big congrats from here mate :salute: please let Conney know that Rich she looks surperb going to keep you in line for sure and many other naughty TK's :dancing-trooper: .

Karen , my wife is thinking of doing Hoth leia this would be her first costume and iam sure the white jumpsuite Leia had on in Hoth was also the one she wore at bespin without the quilted body warmer , when she has the blast out with the stormtroopers , and that would fit in realy well with my ESB TK set up , need to see where i can get an accuratte Leia Hoth costume ? .

Once again well done I.O Conney :icon_bow: