Trooper Fit Club

bluehickey

Cashew,

I gave up Soda about a year ago.  I lost about 7 pounds over the past year just giving up soda, I was around 210 back then.

I drink water most of the time but I also LOVE Original V8 juice and I have the occasional Lipton Diet Citrus Green Tea.

I had to radically change my diet, I eat 5-6 much smaller meals throughout the day.  My weakness was pasta and bread.

I have mostly replaced sandwich bread with wraps using Corn Tortillas but I still do have the occasional sandwich with Whole Grain Wheat bread.

I have acquired an addiction to Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurts and have those every day for protein :)

For me this is all still a big experiment, especially trying to vary my healthy choices so I don't wind up having the same thing every day.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Deadvison way to go trooper. I'm catching up, got down to 270 and did my best to eat well on vacation at Universal. Cost me 4 lbs, but already lost 2 of those again, expect to drop the other 2 over the weekend. So I'll be down 50 lbs, can I say my 50 1st? Then 20 more before ordering my boots, getting projects out of the way so I'll have time and room to work on the armor when it arrives toward the end of the year. Keep on keeping on Troopers. Everyone have a great 4th.

Cashew

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my diet and fitness plan.  Actually hit my initial goal of 180lbs.

I too was on vacation recently as is probably evident by the chart below :(

My daughter had her 19th birthday and I had to have some of that cake, probably too much of that cake :)

It was also a bit difficult to keep up the fitness. I have gotten back on track though.

I still have a little ways to go, my goal is now 170lbs which I believe is where I would like to be.

Just ordered my TM armor the other day and the brown box should arrive in 3-4 weeks.

GeOitOu.png?1

Edited by bobio
Fixed Broken Photobucket Image LInk

Maybe if I put the spotlight myself it will help encourage me to get down in weight.  Honestly I dont know how fat I am, but I know I have to be one of the larger TKs out there.  Probably close to 260.  My ab shims are pretty big.  I love how I look in my armor from the front....but Im sad about my profile.  Im big enough to get the "aren't you a little fat for a stormtrooper" on occasion.  I've even joked with the "Trooper Blart: Death Star Mall Cop" response.  Now all I need is a Segway to ride.  Although I am actually quite comfortable with my appearance, I know that there will be health consequences.  Even though Im 5'11" I think a realistic goal is 220.  Even when I was active duty Army, exercising every day, and long distance running and even Marathon training, I never got below 215.  Will post a pic as soon as I get my actually weight for the record.

I am only 5'9" but I was about 220 at my heaviest. Got down to about 210 by giving up soda last year.

I have high blood pressure and take medication for it so it was a health issue for me.

Another motivating factor for me was that my father passed away at 52 from a heart attack.

I will be 52 this year and I want to stick around for a while and see the kids starting their own lives.

I have found myself thinking about it a lot this year and it was a big motivator for me to drop the weight.

Don't try and do it all with exercise, you cannot overcome a bad diet with exercise...just leads to frustration.

I tell everyone who will listen about MyFitnessPal :) Seriously, I do NOT think I could have lost what I did without it.

Check it out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Ryan good luck on working on it, Bob I have to agree the weight is won or lost in the kitchen not the exercise room. I was looking back and when I lost 20 lbs it was visible but didn't change how I felt, 30 started to feel so much better, 40-50 feeling awesome. I gotta say as of this morning weighed in at 259 didn't think I'd ever see the 250's in my lifetime again. So far 61 lbs total lost and I'm getting stuff done before and after work. House is starting to look good, I was able to work on my wife's car and changed her oil. I feel great. I can't wait for each day and I have hope. I know that I'll get to my goal and keep it.  My motivation and desire to be "A Plastic Space Man" is great in this one.  :smiley-sw013:

I'll post up a before photo, only 9 more lbs away, which is my next goal I'll be half way there and lost 70 lbs. I'll celebrate with ordering my Boots. I'm one excited TK Wannabe.  

Cashew

• Like 2

Hello all,

On February 1st I was 249 pounds. Now I am 195 pounds with 25 more to go.

On February 19th I had a follow up check up with my Doctor. He was very stern with me about

loosing weight. With Lent starting around the same time. I got very serious.

I gave up all POP and sugary soft drinks and Sweet Tea! I just have Water and lemon or

Unsweeten Tea with lemon. I gave up all French Fries, Chips and Salsa, and cut back my portions.

I snack with Bananas, Unsalted crackers, Water mellon, Grapes and various fruit.

Brushing your teeth after eating meals helps and chewing gum to keep your mind off of eating.

Since the middle of May I have been biking 20 miles in the evening and 30 - 40 miles on the weekends,

when it is not raining. Also, I walk 45 minutes to work in the morning and home after work. I also take a 45 min walk during lunch.

I watch what eat at lunch, Switch Ketchup for Yellow mustard.

It is all in the mind. Some I know from nutrition told me,

"After you are done eating you want to feel hungry".

You mind can control you eating and your mind can control your exercise.

After a month of giving up soft drinks my body was used to water and unsweeten tea!!!!

This is why I have not finished my armor. I want to fit into it.

I am 5ft 3in.

Andy

• Like 2

Hey you all. Great progresses on your weight and fitness! Keep on the good work!

Since my first post in this Thread, I've first gained weight and was about 123 kg. After realising that I felt more and more unconformatable with my appearance and my fitness, I finally really started on working on me.

I joined a friend of mine on Muay Thai (Kick Boxing) in April. Since then I've lost about 15kg and I'am down to 108kg. The gaps between my Ab-plate and my kidney are way smaller then when I started building my set of AM.

About 10kg more, and I'm happy :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To this guy underweight. I used to suffer from this. Now im 176 and lift two plates... you need to understand that exercise tears your muscles. Eating provides your body with the proper nutrients to grow...or shrink depending on your goal. Weight training is a great way to bulk up. The way heavy weight training tears your muscles is conductive to building muscle mass more than most aerobic activities.. different foods have different ammount of calories.

My favorite example is- think of calories as water. And think of your body as an empty glass.

when your calories match the ammount that you burn to where you are neither loosing or gaining, that would be like the glass all the way full.

when you eat less calories than your body burns, thats like the glass being half filled. The body turns on its self for energy needed for daily activities and you loose weight.

when you eat more calories than you burn, thats like the glass over flowing.

you can only grow when you are in overflowing stage. So you probably need to eat more than you are now... but when building mass exercise and diet go hand in hand. If you are in "overflow" mode and not properly tearing your muscles. it will turn to fat instead of muscle in the end. If you excercize tons and dont eat enough calories you are going to loose alot of weight and tone up... the purity of your food plays into the mixture as well. If your getting all your calories from bad sources like doughnuts and overly fatty foods you will be not making fully productive gains in the muscle department because as everyone knows protien is the major building block of muscle...

your body properly reflects the life you live. It doesnt lie like we do. In order to have the body you want you have to change your lifestyle for good to the lifestyle that goes hand in hand with that body.....this is where most people fail. They dont commit to changing this part of their character. If you spend all your time sitting on the couch playing games eating/not-eating your body is going to properly adapt to your lifestyle.. if you want muscle and look fit your going to need to make the proper exercise and diet 100% ingrained into your life!! I suggest weight lifting because you tear your muscles more and burn fewer calories making it easier to gain weight in reguards to muscle mass.

My favorite foods for building muscle is and a commited diet would be things high in protien low in saturated fats like:

Eggs, chicken, turkey, fish, and protien powder for protien! With sides of potatoes or whole wheat breads for carbohydrates (helps your muscles retain energy for better workouts) and of course green foods on the sides like broccoli, salids, avacado. Etc. Practically any green food you want to eat on the side to maintain a balanced diet. Other good things are like plain yogurt, cottage cheese, and vitamins.

It will not happen over night. Your body changes steadily to the life style you put it through. It has to be steady And consistent!!!!

If you do all that you girls will be turning to check you out as time passes.

If you fail to plan-you plan to fail.

but if you fail to change change you will not!!!!

I hope this doesn't sound stupid, and I've been reluctant in posting this.. But I have the opposite problem and I'm going to work on it. At 5'8" and 115 lbs (yes I'm a guy) I'm incredibly skinny and it upsets me greatly. My goal weight is 140. I started taikwando and hapkido in August, which have helped a bunch already. I haven't had soda in over a year now. I chose an accurate size armor set for my first set, and will be getting it very shortly. But I don't want to look like I'm swimming in it, or cut it down so it fits and looks anorexic.

Glad I found this, it's a great idea.

I'm 5'8" and 95 kg.  With a BMI of about 31 I'm technically obese but due to a reasonable amount of natural muscle actually probably only look "overweight", despite arguements with the doc at my medical each year.  My goal is to get to 85 kg. 

My hot tips are:

-  Don't try to lose weight, try to build muscle (this one I've stolen from Derek Weida).  I find weight training (body weight or free weights) or other "lifting/pulling" activities to be much more enjoyable than straight "cadio".  I do do a bit of running but break it up with mini body weight circuits.

- Do it with someone else.  It forces you to commit to it and you push yourself harder.

I also agree with the comments on diet.  I've seen it stated that weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise.  When I was in Iraq I got down to 83kg with a 6-pack.  The fact that you ate at dedicated meal times helped a lot as I only had to have self-discipline for a few minutes, 3 times a day.  At home, opportunity food kills me as it's just too easy to go to the pantry or fridge.

Hey guys. <br><br>

I'm at 249 now. I unintentionally lost 11 pounds this month. I cut the amount of pop I drink in half and quit drinking alcohol so Sac is definitely right about the food.<br><br>

Not sure what my aim is. I actually don't care about my weight believe it or not. I just care that this pot belly goes away lol.<br><br>

Anyone have an idea on what a good weight for a 6'1 30 year old is? I miss the 185 muscle rugby player I was in highschool. Maybe I should aim for 190.

I'm already built slim.  But even for slim guys a suit like this can fit one year and then not the next.   I weighed in at a whopping 140 lbs at the age of thirty sopping wet.   During my 30's I made it a point to hit the gym regularly and I put on muscle.  I think I reached about 180 lbs of lean muscle in about 5 years time.  I was in the best shape of my life and I felt wonderful.  ..... and then I broke my leg pretty bad in a skiing accident.  I was laid up for one year, had complications with leg hardware over the next two and couldn't excersize, got another surgery to remove hardware and had to heal again.  So three years later I was soft and my love for beer outweighed my love of being in shape.  

Now at the age of 49 I decided that I can grow old gracefully or I can just grow old.  Can't stop 50 from coming but I can certainly try.  For others my age we all know it, but for the younger guys, growing old brings on a whole bunch of health issues that we take for granted when we are young, no matter how minor.  And even the minor ones we dealt with in our younger years really get the best of us as we get older.  For example, chronic tendinitis makes me not want to excersize because it hurts afterwards.  It always has.  There is nothing like the pain of having tendons pulling from your muscles and bones to make you stop and think about pain.   Oh and then Arthritis sucks.  I can tell you if it's going to rain these days.  I can't consume certain foods any more without feeling like crap. Ice cream is out of the question, as is spicy food.  Usually hits me about 2:00am.  My doctor told me my neck muscles were starting to atrophy and I needed physical therapy.  I was seriously moving toward being miserable and feeling awful 24/7 and the best advice my doc had was "your getting old".  No miracles to be had, the only thing to make you feel better as we get older is diet and excersize.  

So during my custom build over the past year which will be completed this weekend I reduced my calorie intake and I eat better and I got back into the gym.  Prior to this build my weight was 178 lbs and I was soft and miserable.  My compression suit came and it made me feel like a sausage...And for the record I also have a batman compression costume that also made me feel like a sausage at this state of my life.  So now after about 8 months at the gym and eating properly again (reducing my beer intake, and kinda sticking with wine),  I'm down to 168 lbs, lean and toned and no longer have a gut that protrudes over my belt and my love handles have pretty much disappeared.    I'm feeling pretty good again.  I am at a turning point now with my work outs.  So now I need to just maintain.  I will not allow myself to head down that road again.  We can all grow old gracefully if we don't let life get in the way.

20623637453_fa04f5b334_z.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been a few months since I've checked in. Several months fighting to get my blood leveled out due to losing the weight. Yo yo-ing blood up and down made work life difficult and exercising non existent, which I have managed to setup a home gym in the basement for the family.  I'm back on track with the blood, so feeling mean and now just need to get lean. :smiley-sw013:   Ok lame, but I gotta be me.  I'm up a few pounds, so need to buckle down and get er done. I was this close to being at the halfway mark and ordering my boots. I'm OK with Santa bringing them a bit later, but he better.  ;) (How much coal can I burn in the fireplace, again this year)....

Here's to a new month and getting back on track to my goal and hoping to hear my armor is next in line. It's getting closer at least, wife has been telling folks about my TK dreams and caffeine wishes. I was keeping it more silent till I can strap in and become a Trooper. 

Cashew

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see this thread. I have my anovos armor on the way (my first time doing anything like this) and wanted to drop some weight before my build.  Frankly, I've wanted to drop some weight for a while but I've been too lazy to get off my rear and do anything about it.  I'm 35, 6' and was hovering around 250-255 lbs.  At the beginning of the month I started walking.  I hate running but I don't mind walking.  I work at home most of the time at my desk, and its sad how little I used to move on any given day.

I bought a Xiaomi Mi band to track my steps and for the last month I've been walking at least 10,000 steps a day. I haven't changed what I eat too much.  I already avoid eating out, junk food, coke, alcohol, potato chips and such.  I have cut back a little on my portion sizes and plan to continue cutting back. As of last Thursday I hit 239 lbs.  I feel much better already and can't wait to keep shedding the pounds.  Goal weight is 190.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been almost 6 months since my last update. Took a slight detour for a few months, needless to say I'm up and kicking. Working on getting my new normal.  My big brown box came and looks great, Imperial Boots came this week, and yup I'm wearing them around the house to get my stink in them just right.  Ordered pieces parts and once rush of getting prepared for my son's graduation is over can focus on armor. I'm watching closer what I'm eating and getting beneficial exercise and the lawn work needs it. Got a 5K that the wife and I will be in another week.  Anxious to get my recumbent bike on the road again, it's pumped up and ready. I'm stoked and can't wait to build up my energy along with my TK build. It's going to be a great year. 

• 11 months later...

I really like thread. Are used to weigh 245 pounds back in 2008 when I got married to my beautiful wife Danielle. Shortly after giving birth to my daughter in 2010 I Felt it was time to get in shape. I began a fitness journey that continues to this day. I ordered the Insanity workout program from Beach body and dropped 40 pounds in 2 months! Encouraged I continue doing the program for six months eventually reaching 191 pounds. Today I apply the Dolce Diet and regular workouts. At least 3 to 4 times a week preferably 5 to 6. I will post before and after pictures later. If you want to learn more about health and fitness check out these podcasts: the model health show and the Mike Dolce show. Any questions feel free to ask. Anyone can lose weight. You just have to decide you want to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a great recipe for breakfast if you want to lose weight with out "sacrificing" It's called "The Dolce Bowl" you make it like this ... 1/4 cup of oat bran or oatmeal. 1tbsp of Hempseed-1tbsp of Chia Seeds- 1/4 cup of raisins-1 scoop of almond butter or peanut butter - cinnamon-honey-fresh fruit (strawberries-etc) options:Cacao powder-Goji berries. Slowly add about a cup of hot water to the ingredients till desired thickness is achieved wait about a minute or 2 for ingredients to settle and enoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Morning Guys

I use to weigh 273 lbs (124kg) that's the best part of 19 1/2 Stone.

it wasn't until i saw myself in a group photo (after a troop) that i finally saw how Fat i was, and it shocked me. :icon_eek:

That was back in December 2013. I joined Slimming World in January 2014 and stuck to it like glue. buy the time i had my first troop of the year (Feb 2014) i had almost lost a full stone (30kg, or 14 lbs). And it was noticed by everyone.

That gave me the boost to carry on

6 Months later i weighed 216 lbs (98 kgs or 15 1/2 Stone)

and i have kept it off ever since.

It's all about diet change, no going to the gym etc, just changes in food (wholemeal bread, not white. extra lean meat etc etc)

don't get me wrong, i can still have a beer, Burger or Pizza, it's just that i'm in a different mind set to it. and if i have it i know i need to get back on plan before it becomes to late.

i decided to go for the final few lbs (7) and close up the sides of my armour, and now weigh 210lbs (95Kgs or 15 stone)

and the difference is amazing. My cholesterol use to be 9.8 (yes 9.8, that's not a typing error) and on medication. it is now less than 6. and no medication :jc_doublethumbup:

i have more energy (ask the Wife ;) ) and feel great.

who ever thought walking around in plastic could make such a personal difference :lol:

ebbf083609a5b8a1c95f2fb45b36af4a.png

c8fcb03730917735a97af317b68952c9.png

Mind the gap

Or more of a side by side shot

668f4a98197e8a284454391e6e211ad4.png629b6bf4660486b5f5390a0f34162efa.png

Will.

Edited by willatfisd1064
  • Like 3

Morning Guys

I use to weigh 273 lbs (124kg) that's the best part of 19 1/2 Stone.

it wasn't until i saw myself in a group photo (after a troop) that i finally saw how Fat i was, and it shocked me. :icon_eek:

That was back in December 2013. I joined Slimming World in January 2014 and stuck to it like glue. buy the time i had my first troop of the year (Feb 2014) i had almost lost a full stone (30kg, or 14 lbs). And it was noticed by everyone.

That gave me the boost to carry on

6 Months later i weighed 216 lbs (98 kgs or 15 1/2 Stone)

and i have kept it off ever since.

It's all about diet change, no going to the gym etc, just changes in food (wholemeal bread, not white. extra lean meat etc etc)

don't get me wrong, i can still have a beer, Burger or Pizza, it's just that i'm in a different mind set to it. and if i have it i know i need to get back on plan before it becomes to late.

i decided to go for the final few lbs (7) and close up the sides of my armour, and now weigh 210lbs (95Kgs or 15 stone)

and the difference is amazing. My cholesterol use to be 9.8 (yes 9.8, that's not a typing error) and on medication. it is now less than 6. and no medication :jc_doublethumbup:

i have more energy (ask the Wife ;) ) and feel great.

who ever thought walking around in plastic could make such a personal difference

ebbf083609a5b8a1c95f2fb45b36af4a.png

c8fcb03730917735a97af317b68952c9.png

Mind the gap

Or more of a side by side shot

668f4a98197e8a284454391e6e211ad4.png629b6bf4660486b5f5390a0f34162efa.png

Will.

Way to go Sir. Seriously, that is an amazing transformation. Many congrats to you. Keep on trooping!!!

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

• Like 1