Trooper Fit Club

bluehickey

This is cool! I just had a check up with the Doc yesterday. I've lost 10 lbs in the last month and my blood pressure is back down to where it should be. I'm not a huge fan of exercise, but I manage to get in at least a walk if not a run a few times a week. All I've done so far is change what I eat. I saw someone mentioned smoking earlier... I'm 2 years 6 months smoke free!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Hey all,

I am 6 ft 210lbs and am getting back on the wagon today. I ran/walked 2.3 miles. My goal is to be under 200lbs by summers end. Starting today I am cutting sweets, fatty foods, and starchy foods. I am switching to a diet of lean hormone free chicken,beef, and shrimp and fruits and veggies. I hope to be @ 180 by years end. I don't have a tk set but do have a Fett and the last thing I want is to be Boba Fat.

post-21125-0-91638400-1404222718_thumb.jpg

This is cool! I just had a check up with the Doc yesterday. I've lost 10 lbs in the last month and my blood pressure is back down to where it should be. I'm not a huge fan of exercise, but I manage to get in at least a walk if not a run a few times a week. All I've done so far is change what I eat. I saw someone mentioned smoking earlier... I'm 2 years 6 months smoke free!Keep up the good work everyone!

Hmm I guess the quote doesn't work right on my phone, either way. I'm 5'11" and my average weight is 250. My goal is 210 for now, by next April. I've started running and cut drinks with calories (except beer :/), next is not eating after 8 unless at social events. And when going to a dinner or fast food, getting fewer/smaller meals.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update. I've been smoke free about a month since I've started using a vaporizer with the smallest amount of nicotine. It helped when I really had a craving and now I need it less and less. Starting jogging and found a cool 3.5 mile route that forces me to go all the way around. No significant weight loss yet buts it's coming along nicely.

Just a small update. I've been smoke free about a month since I've started using a vaporizer with the smallest amount of nicotine. It helped when I really had a craving and now I need it less and less. Starting jogging and found a cool 3.5 mile route that forces me to go all the way around. No significant weight loss yet buts it's coming along nicely.

Nice job Romen, keep going!

• 5 months later...

I have been having problems with a pain in my side, just knocks the wind right out of you.  It got to the point that food was over rated. For now when I eat if it is not healthy I try not to do it, also I drink about 200 - 230 oz of water every day.  I have been to a bunch of different doc's and even fired one. I am 5'11" and have gone from 263 in July to 227 as of this morning.  Working on my armor and helping out at events is the bright days of my month where I don't think about any of the problems, family, work.

20140901_182346.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

Maybe nothing is wrong with me and its just my body saying "Enough is enough, if your going to become a TK you have to take better care of yourself".  Helping out at a couple of parades and three Steel City Cons has shown me that this is not the physically easiest hobby I could have signed up for. I'm glad I did.

P.S. E-6000 is your friend if you need to resize things

Last year when I first decided I wanted to join the legion I was 250. I didn't want to look like a balloon trooper so I made an effort to slim down. I cut out empty calories such as coke and snacks. With moderate exercise. I have now got my self down to 218. My next goal to meet will be 200. Then ultimate goal of 180-190.

• Like 1

Using TK armour as motivation to lose weight this year... I'm currently ~250 pounds (~115kg) so a fair bit of work to go so I don't hear "aren't you a little fat for storm trooper"

It's taken years to finally find something that will hopefully motivate me properly

Using TK armour as motivation to lose weight this year... I'm currently ~250 pounds (~115kg) so a fair bit of work to go so I don't hear "aren't you a little fat for storm trooper"

It's taken years to finally find something that will hopefully motivate me properly

Like my post said I started at the same weight and am now down to 218. It can happen man and you will feel loads better when it does.

This is a great idea for a thread. I'm just starting out and hope to join the 501st sometime this year. I'm still new to this forum, but it is clear that this is a very supportive group.

In July 2014, my wife and I started using the "Lose It" app on our Android phones. I recommend this app highly. From July until today (1/1/15) my wife, adult daughter and I have lost almost 100 total pounds. I went from 254 lbs. to 224 lbs, and plan to continue loosing until I reach my goal 210 lbs.

I am expecting to receive a set of AM armor sometime this month, and plan to build the abdominal sections last, to accommodate hopeful future weight loss.

One of the things that I've been doing to inspire myself is to put a picture of a Stormtrooper helment on my phone lock screen. This way I am constantly reminded to watch what I eat (so far, so good). The one thing I've learned during this whole process, is to be patient. My weight goes up and down, no matter how "good" I am. But by staying consistant, I have lost weight, and more importantly, have permantly changed my eating habits for the better.

Since I don't have my armor yet, I can't post any pictures of me in my armor, but here are a few pictures of me at cons from about a year ago, and recently.

I am looking forward to getting healthier and trooping in the future.

post-21804-142016656184_thumb.jpg

post-21804-142016673811_thumb.jpg

Edited by IanTK
  • Like 1

I have been having problems with a pain in my side, just knocks the wind right out of you.  It got to the point that food was over rated. For now when I eat if it is not healthy I try not to do it, also I drink about 200 - 230 oz of water every day.  I have been to a bunch of different doc's and even fired one. I am 5'11" and have gone from 263 in July to 227 as of this morning.  Working on my armor and helping out at events is the bright days of my month where I don't think about any of the problems, family, work.

20140901_182346.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

Maybe nothing is wrong with me and its just my body saying "Enough is enough, if your going to become a TK you have to take better care of yourself".  Helping out at a couple of parades and three Steel City Cons has shown me that this is not the physically easiest hobby I could have signed up for. I'm glad I did.

P.S. E-6000 is your friend if you need to resize things

Last year I had sever pains, went to the ER 2 times, they couldnt figure out what was wrong with me. I ended up having diverticulitus at age 38. 2 weeks before my wedding no less. 

Ended up living with this thing in my arm on a constant IV drip of dilaudid and heavy duty antibiotics to get me to walk down the aisle

934857_10200309113144307_990397797_n.jpg

943077_10200348970300711_586461757_n.jpg

Bounced back and kinda let myself go this past year, packed on a few pounds, at 6 foot and 190 today. My fat gut is screaming at me lol. i jsut quit smoking and going to cut back on the beers as well. The wife and I both plan on getting in shape. And on the e 6000, Im glad I did 90% of my TK with it as I hope to have to trim it down soon!

This is a great Topic, and although I've been a member of this forum for a few months now, I only stumbled upon it today.

Myself, I'm a big guy for a TK (1.89m) and in addition to that, my weight is way to much (currently 115kg, about 253 lbs). That's not that much, but as most of it conentrates around my belly, it makes fitting my new set of AM armour really hard :mellow:

I've been thinking about loosing weight for quite some time now, and the wish to join the 501st finally is the motivator I was looking for. I'm a lazy guy regarding sports, so I started with looking at what I eat (no junk food anymore.....no coke.....less beer..at least sometimes ;) ). A friend of mine is boxing and I'm thinking of joining him as I see on him how good that is for the body.

So right now it's just fitting arms and legs and building the helmet. I hope I have lost enough that I can fit the rest and can be ready and a member until EP7 :smiley-sw013:

Cheers, Ben

• 2 months later...

I'll sign up for the trooper fit club. God knows I need, Lord Vader too...

Curr 300 lbs

Height 5'10"

Goal 180

Have met my goal once about 25 yrs ago, been up and down, mostly up over the years. Health issues abound, been given 2 second chances and doing good at the moment. But want to change that from good to better and best. I don't want to start out as a fat stormtrooper, and my incentive is my armor and it fitting me and feeling good in it. Now that the snow is mostly melted, will be back on the recumbent bike and hopefully putting many miles and pounds behind me. Been cleaning out the basement, to get all the equipment into one spot for an exercise room. I added battle ropes and really enjoy slamming them and feeling it during and after a session. Wanting to encourage my wife and to exercise together as a family, with less couch and TV time. I'm on the order list for my armor so the clock is ticking, working on an e11 rubies blaster with a bit of modification, and have a doopy pipe build on order.

Good luck to all this weekend,

Cashew

• 5 weeks later...

I see this "Hot topic" is read only.  :D  So It's been a month and I'll update for myself, read everything in this forum on previous troopers on what worked for them. Took the advice and loaded up "Lose it" for my phone, got my wife on it as well.  It's been years since I tracked everything I ate, and this time tracking a bunch of food info, I keep going back to previous days and weeks to see what I was eating that was swinging my fat/carb/protein all over the place. It's working and I have not been this happy and energized in years, last time was close to this weight would be a bunch of throat surgery and couldn't eat. 

Eating real food, not substituting "fake food" for food choices, not starving myself, and most importantly not effecting my blood in a negative way. Had a lot of ahh ahh moments, realized last summers eating huge salads the "good" olive oil & vinegar that I was dressing it with was in fact adding 300-400 calories and no way the rest of the ingredients could compensate for the high calorie count for this item. Duh  :huh:

Today I'm down 10 lbs took a few weeks before anything started coming off, figure the last 2.5 weeks is where my mind wrapped around the concept of eating and now I get it. I'm full and content and losing currently without yet adding a bunch of exercise. I plan to add to the exercise, just need to finish several items/projects that are taking up my future troop time.  :smiley-sw013:

Biggest thing has been looking ahead at a food item and seeing what effect/cost (caloric count) it will cost me and then make choices on what i want and not be surprised by logging it after I've shoved it in my pie hole. :duim:  FYI: no pie yet eaten, but I'm not opposed to it or anything else, just need to offset with other good choices.

Good luck to all that are on similar paths.

Cashew

I really like the initiative, although I am somewhat on the opposite side, as in, a tad too slim, with no real muscle tone, although I'm not "skinny" by any means. (I guess I'm "normal", then, whatever that means, haha!)
But! I would really like to see some progress in overall shape and bulk, if that's the word, mostly because of my posture, actually. I have no real core musculature, so i sit like a bag of potatoes and i stand like one of those scarecrows you see in old cartoons,
and I guess that's not a good image when trooping, since it doesn't really fit in any sort of military cosplay or dress up. NO STYLE NOR STATURE! SHAME!

I saw a while back some sort of image with "trooping excercise" to get in shape for the stormtrooper costume, has anyone posted that here? 
"Get in shape for the armor" and so on, a bunch of images of a person doing squats, sit-ups, etc. I have also seen the same sort of image posted for Batman costuming, 
although THAT training was even more rigorous.  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Sindre good luck with bulking up. Would be fun to see some trooper exercise videos, I can tell I won't be making any videos at this time. Maybe once I'm suited up, yeah I could see me doing that.

2 Month update, I'm feeling great and doing really good.  I'm down to 287 and it shows, my shirts are getting longer along with my belt. Having to go through the closet to pull out some smaller sizes, I wanna be a trooper not look like a plumber.  :salute:   Been busy planning and playing with assorted electronics for the bucket and electronics for a pew pew maker.  :smiley-sw013:  While continuing to make great food choices, loving every minute of it, Anxious to start grilling for the season. Got plenty of projects to keep me busy through out the summer months.

Move along,

Cashew

I started on a fitness plan about a month ago at a weight of 205lbs.  My doctor recommended I get down to 180 due to my blood pressure. 

I have actually found it more motivating trying to get my weight down for my first TK build :)

I am using an app called MyFitnessPal to monitor my diet and exercise. It has been great, for me it has made dieting much easier....

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/

I will be ordering my armor [TM] the end of this month and I am thinking it should arrive end of June or early July.

My goal is to get as close to 180 lbs as I can before I start my first build. I have about two months to lose 15 lbs.

This was taken earlier this year at SC Comicon....

61DdKqB.jpg?1

Edited by bobio
Fixed Broken Photobucket Image Link

• 3 weeks later...

Bobio good luck with the diet and exercise, great to get the blood pressure in check. TK build is a big commitment and that's my goal and motivation as well. I thought it was longer since I Iast updated.  Got up and scale showed 279, so getting more excited than ever. At 250 I plan on ordering my boots, I had been loosing before keeping track with "Lose it" app, Winter was officially highest at 320, and that put's me at 41 lbs gone and hope to never see again, so only 99 more to go. :smiley-sw013: I got this, I like how  the scale stays the same for a few days goes up 1 and then down 2, this time no up and down 2, almost 3. Getting ready for a long needed vacation and had to get a new swim suit, skipped past the speedo's and more modest board shorts. :laugh1:

Good luck to all in their Trooper fitness,

Cashew

Cashew,

I know what you mean, two steps forward and one step back.

My wife keeps telling me to stop weighing myself every day.

Can't help it, I am a data guy, I need numbers :)

Looks like you have made a lot of progress yourself. :jc_doublethumbup:

As long as the overall trend keeps going down, the spikes don't bother me.

dMWZgeI.png?1

Edited by bobio
Fixed Broken Photobucket Image Link
  • Like 1

Bobio, great numbers there. Weighing in is your thing not hers, I have the same thing here. The LoseIt app I use encourages daily weigh in's to see  where the trends are and catch it if something goes wrong. I enjoy looking back at previous days for calories and nutrients to see my good, better and best days. I use the free program, it's got enough data to play with without going overboard. I tried the my fitness pal, but seem to like this other one better. It was recommended here on Whitearmor in the trooper fit club.

I'm eating much better and truly enjoying what I'm eating and not hungry or having cravings for anything. Cutting out the occasional sodas and especially the sauces and huge calories on dressings and oils/fats.  Changed from frozen waffles with PB&J to oatmeal,honey and banana.  Lunch sandwich or salad with lots of dressing to noodles and few ounces of protein and soy sauce. Dinners from frozen crap to Rice and protein. Drinking lots of water and down to 1 pot of coffee a day. :peace:

Here's to all those working on getting themselves in better shape and bucket ready. :smiley-sw013:

Cashew