Leg Support?

Hey guys!

Do you use anything to keep the thighs/shins in place? Like straps, etc.

Jess

I use straps from the cod to the thighs, some users have made some kind of belt to hold the thighs in place. As for the Shins, (at least for me) they stay in place without any support.

Like Christian, I also have a snap system that attaches the thighs to the cod, using a pair each in a loose "V" pattern to keep the thighs from turning. I have also gone the garter belt path in holding thighs up (on my clone armor), and as far as I'm concerned, both approaches work well. As for the shins, unless they are on the large side, they should stay in place with nothing extra needed. Having said that, I actually did need to add a small piece of foam into the front of my RT shins. I have long, kinda skinny calves and the RT armor was designed for larger ones in mind. Once I put the foam in they lock right in place and do not slide around at all.

Like Christian, I also have a snap system that attaches the thighs to the cod, using a pair each in a loose "V" pattern to keep the thighs from turning. I have also gone the garter belt path in holding thighs up (on my clone armor), and as far as I'm concerned, both approaches work well. As for the shins, unless they are on the large side, they should stay in place with nothing extra needed. Having said that, I actually did need to add a small piece of foam into the front of my RT shins. I have long, kinda skinny calves and the RT armor was designed for larger ones in mind. Once I put the foam in they lock right in place and do not slide around at all.

That's great advice, thanks guys!

For a while, I was making runs of garters like these. Haven't have time to do them lately, but they are rather effective for holding up thighs. When I get some time, I'll do another run if people want them.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I have a set of Panda's garters and they work great! It doesn't really matter where you attach to snap, because his garters are adjustable. I glued mine about halfway up and adjusted the length as needed.

I use a leather belt with two elastic straps with poppers on that clip on to snaps

inside the front/top of the inside of my thighs...works like a dreeeeem :)

I use a leather belt with two elastic straps with poppers on that clip on to snaps

inside the front/top of the inside of my thighs...works like a dreeeeem :)

Without wishing to sound a perv....

any chance of a pic mate?

Matt

As used by the originals and recommended by Paul-TM and nicely shown by Damian :)

Leather belt with straps.... B)

i49ThVN.jpg

I could only find a dodgy photo of me with a webbing belt that I changed out because

it just kept slipping so I went over to the leather and haven't looked back since :)

wmp7C0A.jpg

.....and here's one of Pete-Stuka Trooper's with a Tack belt from his site but the principal is the same

J5WVqwP.jpg

Hope this helps mate :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I like Stuka's solution better. My experience is that just having the garter is that it tends to slip down, thus my thighs slip down too. On my old FX I attached the straps directly to the ab plate which was held up by suspenders, which worked a treat. However while this was great for ABS armor I'm loathe to try it on the TE2 (or any HIPS) as I'm not sure it can take the strain.

I've also tried elastic vs. strap and prefer elastic as it allows a bit of flex and reduces strain on the parts when you move.

EDIT: God Billy, it's wonderful having you back!! :icon_bow:

Edited by Daetrin

That's the way to do it :D

I prefer 2" black elastic. I don't recommend using webbing anywhere on your armour, it's too restrictive and not screen accurate. If you find your elastic straps are sliding along your leather belt, simply add a snap or two to the belt and the strap to keep it in place :)

On 5/5/2010 at 7:14 AM, troopermaster said:

That's the way to do it :D

I prefer 2" black elastic. I don't recommend using webbing anywhere on your armour, it's too restrictive and not screen accurate. If you find your elastic straps are sliding along your leather belt, simply add a snap or two to the belt and the strap to keep it in place :)

Yes. I still need to replace the webbing with elastic, as you suggested. It was a newby mistake... :P

Besides, if I remember correctly, you told that they used elastic for ANH, right?

Luckily, I only have problems with one shoulder, that keeps popping out.

I feel like a Lego Stormtrooper with the webbing.----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I have the straps connected to the AB plate near the belt line, then the elastic velcros to the thigh top.

I put the elastic at tension and it keeps the thigh pulling upwards.

with the fit of the thighs to the legs pulling upwards, they don't just hang, they spring up.

when I get another pair of boots I'm going to see how my sprint times are for the 10 meter dash.

I have the straps connected to the AB plate near the belt line, then the elastic velcros to the thigh top.

I put the elastic at tension and it keeps the thigh pulling upwards.

This is what I plan to do.