FX vs RT MOD chest..

..ever since I saw Daetrin's deployment pics , the chest plate on my FX armor has been buggin me...It looks like a bib!!! does anyone have some overal dimention measurements of a RT chest piece..I want to see if the RT is at all larger than the FX...being 6'4", 240lbs sucks sometimes!...I think I need bigger shoulder bells too....it never ends! :)

The RT chest is definitely smaller than the FX - one of my garrison mates actually changed his FX to RT for this reason (e.g. the RT is smaller). Don't have dims - I'm sure someone does. AFAIK, the FX is the largest kit out there (aside from customs like TKBig).

RBJ said:
..can someone measure their RT mod chest ( width and heght) for me?

Ā 

Sorry RBJ, I just found this thread.

I will measure my RT chest tonight if I get a chance, but I did take a comparison pics of all armor RT vs FX.

The RT chest is shorter, but not by a ton. But, the width is what I like, not as skinny as FX, an more to true.(1st pic RT on left))

Let me know if ya need anyother pics.What I really like is the ab plate. It is longer, but also comes with enough material to cover the side gaps. (2nd pic RT on left)

His armor from what he told me fit around 6'0" 230#.I believe that is his frame, and he made the molds from a cast off himself... But can be made to fit smaller.(like me...lol)

Hope this helps.

Boozel

BBPX0wB.jpg

d6a6nIE.jpg

..this is the reacurring problem that led to this question...my chest piece looks to narrow for sure, but some times it gets caught UNDER my ab piece...I would fasten them, but I am affraid I will lose alot of mobility...I hear alot of talk about how the FX chest is to big...not for me!!!

Ā 

Q0xNcWm.jpg

I had the same problem, but i moved the clasp as high as i could ( ab plate) on the straps on the ab plate and that made the ab plate snug to my body and the chest plate falls nice. Sorry no photos. then again i am only 6 foot will try to get pics or do some thing.

Okay hope this explains better, and hope this might help..... but 4 inches is 4 inches.

Ā 

VvZoRtT.jpg

Other ideas

1) Slide the chest down as much as you can - looks like you can get another 1/4" that way.

2) Cut the cod off the ab plate if you haven't and add a spacer behind the belt (or strapping like TK_MD)

3) Check your profile from the side. I had something similar on my TE2 and found that I had the back riding too far down, pulling the chest with it. I also increased the length of the canvas straps holding the two together.

4) Last result - perhaps your FX chest was trimmed too much. Check against dims of another FX as well as the RT.

Sorry guys, Real life got in the way of taking measurements last night. I will try again tonight. :rolleyes:

As far as what I have seen from RT vs FX, the ab plate is taller than the FX, and the chest is everso

slightly shorter. with this combo, I believe Rob said he made it to fit a taller trooper.

Also, Rt is bigger in some parts and smaller in others. The ab and back plate have more material on the sides to let them close, the chest and back are wider to give it the nonnarrow look, the thighs are the size of FX, but with a nice taper and "point at the top, the shins are wider at the knee due to the angles at the tops, plus a little larger alll around.

Here are some pics of my RT beside some FX's at a walk for autism 2 weeks agao:

Qyb9dNL.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

..measured my FX today using Boozels diagram as a guide..

Ā 

length on the outside= 12"

Ā 

tip to tip widest outside=19 1/4

Ā 

neck width outside = 12"

Ā 

I think Im gonna get a RT chest and see how it goes...stay tuned to this thread, or the For Sale section! :)

• 10 months later...

I saw where some of you were talking about having problems with your ab plate popping out from under your chest plate. What I would suggest is putting some snapps on your ab plate and another set up on your chest plate. Then just running two elastic straps between the two. This will keep your chest plate in place and still allow you to move. I have done this mod and it works GREAT for keeping my chest plate tyed down so to speak, but still allows me movement. This will help troopers two ways, one as stated above from keeping your ab plate from popping out from under your chest plate or two for skinny troopers keeping your chest plate from wondering around on you. I actually had the second problem (6'2" @ 185lbs), but I got the tip form a bigger trooper who did it to keep his ab plate in place. Hope this helps a bit.

I used to suffer from sometimes getting my chest plate stuck inside the ab plate and it was very annoying as you know.

Ā 

What i did to solve the problem was to get another ab and change how my cod split was done. My first attemp was low as is seen alot. The cut also sometimes got stuck under my belt and by being six foot tall my belt was slung around my hips and not around my waist or middle, so this mod made the armour look better all round.

Ā 

Here is how my first ab plate looked

Ā 

tPp6cap.jpg

Ā 

xGCHYKr.jpg

Ā 

When doing my second ab plate i added an inch or so at least in the area that i cut and this stoped the chest plate getting under and raised my belt to my middle, im much happier with how the suit fits and looks. This is a really cheap mod and i would recommend it for taller fx troopers.

Ā 

Oiyp28B.jpg

Ā 

1WF4qQs.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Were can I buy a RT-Chestplate?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Here's his email... Content removed and his site... www.rt-mod.com

Ā 

By the way... What do you guys think of his work? I've been getting the bug to buy another set of armor that fits better than the smaller TE. I'm not one of the skinny guys that can fit in a TE.

firebladejedi said:
I used to suffer from sometimes getting my chest plate stuck inside the ab plate and it was very annoying as you know.

Ā 

What i did to solve the problem was to get another ab and change how my cod split was done. My first attemp was low as is seen alot. The cut also sometimes got stuck under my belt and by being six foot tall my belt was slung around my hips and not around my waist or middle, so this mod made the armour look better all round.

Ā 

Here is how my first ab plate looked

Ā 

Ā 

That second ab plate you bought what make is it? The button plates look a lot smaller?...

• 1 year later...