Troopers helping...others on facebook

tigger68

Hi, I don't ask for things usually, but this time its personal. My cousin and his wife went through an incredible trial two years ago, when his wife almost lost her life during and after giving birth to their second child. The end effects were, she lost her sight, both her legs, her left arm, and right ring finger to toxic shock syndrome, or a colonized infection. Last spring she and her husband moved back to be near his parents to help care for their children. They purchased a house with the intentions to renovate it to make it more "user-friendly" for her. Unfortunately with the economy the way it is, they cannot do the renovations.

Their community has come together and is sponsoring them for the American TV show, "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." They have a facebook site, and I would love to have as many of the FISD who are on Facebook join the group. The more in the group the more attention will be raised. They have an event on Friday night, and unfortunately I live halfway across the country from them. Anyone who is in Western WA though is more than welcome to show up.

The link to the facebook page is here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=112160658809224

The link to my cousin's blog telling the whole story is here: http://www.sccsdecker.blogspot.com

Hopefully we'll be successful.

Thanks.

Hi Tiffanie,

I hope everything works out for your cousin & his family. I don't have a facebook acount, but my wife does. She did as you requested & also posted on her Doberman Pinscher Forum where she is highly respected & well known. So now we have the Doberman people on board too :)

Thank you to everyone who responded and those that perhaps worked behind the scenes. They reached 10,000 members by last night and the numbers are still growing. I really hope that ABC looks at this and decides that perhaps Scott and Carol do need their help.

Thanks again to all the troopers here who helped out.

:salute: