Rubies Modifications

I bought a rubies supreme suit, actually a grad present for completing high school. I'd like to modify it for 501st standards, dose anyone have any idea of what i would need? and dose anyone have any cool ideas for the suit in general? (decorative ideas). any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Kaleb,

I'd strongly suggest reading through this thread, as it will explain what you need to do to get the Rubies armor ready for 501st status:

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

If you plan on staying with the Rubies, an ROTJ-style TK is really your only option.

For a replacement helmet, I'd say it's probably best to get a (preassembled) secondhand ROTJ-style TE bucket. They come up for sale here every so often, it's just a matter of keeping an eye out. To get an idea of what I'm talking about, have a look through the For Sale or Trade - Personal Items section of the board.

either today or tomorrow, i should be getting a neck tube, boots....not sure what kind of E-11 i should get, or if i should just make one somehow...as for helmet I'm going to do the ROTJ helmet i think...if anyone spots a sale for it let me know! :D

Most people use the Hasbro blaster modified with a resin parts kit. Look for "Doopydoos". I think that route runs about $20 for the blaster, $30 for the resin kit. You can also buy premade blasters, or make your own from PVC pipe. There is a lot of information on all options here on the forums.

The rubies suit can really only be modded into a Return of the Jedi style suit. You need to do some research on ROTJ armor to make sure you get the details right. Getting the TE RotJ helmet is the biggest thing. Flipping the button plate is probably the next biggest mod. There are 3 really detailed build threads here on the forums you should check out thoroughly. Here is a link to mine. -----

Good luck you are in for a challenge that will be rewarding if you stick with it. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020