Imperial Commando

Hello,

I’m thinking of starting to build an Imperial Commando armor, but I notice that there aren’t enough tips or information about it.

Does anyone know any website or if there are some photos about this version of TKs for me to guide on my built?

And a friend of mine told me that this armor is not approved in the 501st, is that true?

Thank you so much for the help.

Best regards,

Hugo Pablo

CC 9778

Portuguese Lusitanian Outpost

No, I think they are a special force of stormtroopers.

They are a bit kind like this!

I've just loved the design, but there is no history or articles about them.

I'm starting to realise that they some fanmade caracter, not even a Expanded Universe caracter.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hugo Pablo

CC 9778

post-7895-127126055428_thumb.jpg

Ohh, those are neat troopers. I read all the Republic Commnado novles. In the last one they changed thier names to Imperial Commandos, but kept the same look. This one looks to be a hybred of a sandtrooper & one of the Ver3 clone commando helmets. I've seen this helmet before, just can't remeber what comander it went too :blink:

Did you mean these?

picture128g.jpg

I believe they are from an upcoming fan film. Slave1Pilot is one of those guys,he may have more info on them. I believe he is a member here :)

Yes, I was one of those guys . That's me on the far right.

here's the scoop;

The armor is FX TK armor with TD abplates.

The shoulder bells and helmet are original sculpts.

The pauldrons are also custom "hard armor" Pauldrons.

I am no longer part of the fanfilm project, so i cannot venture a guess as to it's status.

slavefive is still involved, perhaps he could fill you guys in.

After viewing that photo, I'm certain more in to it!!!

They are most likely non-approved armors!

I did some intensive search on the web, and where they are:

blog.impcommandos.com

I might say, that's most impressive work! I become a fan!!

Now I'll try to contact slavefive and getting started!

Can anyone provide any e-mail to ask some tips about this armor?

Best regards,

Hugo Pablo

CC 9778

Edited by lx_clone

• 1 month later...

These NEED to be 501st approved. Even if only using a regular TK bucket instead of one of those.

Either way, I'd be GLAD to see this as 501st approved armor.

It's more along the lines of what I always envisioned a "sandtrooper" to be is a Stormtrooper Commando.

Not to mention very similar to what I had in mind for my costume.. markings and equipment wise.

Edited by HAWK

Hello,

I’m thinking of starting to build an Imperial Commando armor, but I notice that there aren’t enough tips or information about it.

Does anyone know any website or if there are some photos about this version of TKs for me to guide on my built?

And a friend of mine told me that this armor is not approved in the 501st, is that true?

Thank you so much for the help.

Best regards,

Hugo Pablo

CC 9778

The Immp/Commando is just the old RC Commando's but with just a "name" change to start them off. They start as a small det of the 501st, and Vader personally commands and issues their first mission orders. Later it would seem that the ISB also issue some mission's for them but the overall command is still the 501st.

These NEED to be 501st approved. Even if only using a regular TK bucket instead of one of those.

Either way, I'd be GLAD to see this as 501st approved armor.

It's more along the lines of what I always envisioned a "sandtrooper" to be is a Stormtrooper Commando.

Not to mention very similar to what I had in mind for my costume.. markings and equipment wise.

Not sure they NEED to be 501st approved. There are already plenty of EU costumes approvable, and it seems the list continues to grow. Just start of with a standard TD and swap parts out for fun.

P1010050.jpg

P1010056.jpg

There's that weird guy in front of his roses again mum....

• 5 weeks later...

Aren't Imperial Commandos (in the 501st novel by Karen Traviss) stormtroopers with Black Armor or in other words TX's. It's mentioned in the book several times (both directly and indirectly) that the armor was a new design from Darman/Niner's RC armor and at one point it is mentioned that they were wearing TK armor and referenced themselves as "Stormtroopers" but Ordo couldn't use the white TK armor they had to infiltrate the commando barracks because it was white. My memory might be wrong though. :lol:

And also it's Travissverse so not sure if it's LFL canon since LFL pretty much trashed everything Traviss wrote. :lol:

Aren't Imperial Commandos (in the 501st novel by Karen Traviss) stormtroopers with Black Armor or in other words TX's. It's mentioned in the book several times (both directly and indirectly) that the armor was a new design from Darman/Niner's RC armor and at one point it is mentioned that they were wearing TK armor and referenced themselves as "Stormtroopers" but Ordo couldn't use the white TK armor they had to infiltrate the commando barracks because it was white. My memory might be wrong though. :lol:

And also it's Travissverse so not sure if it's LFL canon since LFL pretty much trashed everything Traviss wrote. :lol:

I thought it was Republic Commando armor just in black, & since they were now fighting for the Empire, they called them selves Imperial Commandos :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

First thing I thought of when I read "Imperial Commando" was the unit from the Star Wars Supremacy game ("Rebellion in the US I think):

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_commandos

Their armor was based on the scout trooper's light armor, though the black color most commonly seen earned them the nickname "shadow scouts"; it was enhanced with a coating of an advanced polymer called reflec, which deflected light and sensor energy. This made the wearers virtually invisible to all but the most determined of scans... To support their mission profile, storm commando armor included a small generator that created a sound-dampening field, numerous concealed weapons, and a thermal detonator that a commando could detonate if faced with capture.

Different to what you guys are talking about, but still pretty cool :)