im putting this tutorial thread together for everyone. when completed i hope to have a full template set as well, i will post updates as the build progresses (i want to finish this asap!)just bear in mind this is going to be my interpretation of a mg-15 :P

here are the templates i used for this

barrel

M8y8KFi.jpg

handle ( i increased the size by 1% when i printed)

DetZXwg.jpg

ammo drum ( i reduced the size of this when printing)

0wAboud.jpg

step 1: drilling the barrel

first glue the templates to a 1/14 inch pipe with regular elmers glue

UK1K4fV.jpg

drill the 1/8 pilot holes (a drill press and vise is most helpful)

wNqlpSH.jpgQdavrAf.jpg

center any pilot holes that are off a bit with a small dremel bit (this will save a lot of work later)

h4BaihV.jpg

now drill out the pilot holes with a larger bit (i made the template for 1/4" but i used a slightly larger 9/32 bit)

7RV8Cpg.jpg

Looks great so far! Looking forward to seeing the rest of it! I'm working on my T-21 now, and it's going to be a fairly detailed tutorial too. If someone makes a good DLT-19 scratch build, we'll have BFG tutorials on the FISD!!

now i cut along the lines with a dremel cutting wheel

AYVRICH.jpg

well i hit a small bump... it seems these newer rotary tools are utter garbage!

the motor is toast

mbpcCpc.jpg

i was able to combine parts from my other burned up rotary tool to make a franken dremel :P

lHhUsLe.jpg

this is the finished result

p9Q4URB.jpg

now i smoothed out the rough cut holes with a milling bit, then dremel and finally a hand file

a4qpNre.jpg

now i am starting on the barrel tip, first i took a piece of copper pipe with a coupler that fit perfectly into the barrel tip (i like to pressure fit almost all of my connections)the tighter the better :D

b3HBU6k.jpg

now i pound it into the barrel with a mallet and wooden block (to prevent damage)

4jiOdpD.jpg

net i make the barell tip from a other plumbung fixture, i used a hand file (trying to use the dremel as little as possible until my new one comes in the mail)

3ywk0Q8.jpg9oGHcm2.jpg

Looking good so far , I have experience of slot cutting in tube from another project , so hats off to you for all those slots!!!

How about a picture of the real mg-15 to show what you are aiming at ? I guess Im not the only one who isnt too sure what one looks like.

Looking good so far , I have experience of slot cutting in tube from another project , so hats off to you for all those slots!!!

How about a picture of the real mg-15 to show what you are aiming at ? I guess Im not the only one who isnt too sure what one looks like.

SS-SandrooperSGT-003.jpg

450px-MG15.jpg

now im cutting the main body, it is made from a metal grease gun,

Pcjsl03.jpgk7GkONF.jpgUmJmu28.jpg

cutting the handle

w6eNXaV.jpgSm0SJQU.jpgvCe1DU4.jpgwu4INiK.jpg976b1SP.jpgYUnSxVM.jpgwrSFdrJ.jpgthe bolt action is fully functionalOqCGNJp.jpgnow the handle grips

xzWeRuZ.jpg

Whoa!!! Awesome progress!! Looks fantastic, and working bolt too! I created a similar switch assembly for my T-21 too, great minds think alike!

Nice work so far!

thanks! it should be wrapped up by weeks end :D

its finally starting to look like a mg-15 ...it needs an ammo drum and fine detailing but the hard part is over;)

cjr8Uia.jpgt1rslAJ.jpg

zLf2W5r.jpg

next, the ammo drum construction

for the ammo drum, i cut the basic shapes from thin wood paneling (to reduce the weight). i used the templates for the shape, but had to adjust the size a bit for the 4" plastic pipe (note: the pipe is not pvc)i cut the pipe with a dremel cut off wheelLWuNm84.jpgbCNx12p.jpgi then fit 2 4" Sony speakers in the ammo drum eNQgdSk.jpg

i used vents from a PC case as the speaker covers

49Nqotd.jpg

now the electronics

cbAWshj.jpg

after soldering all the components

73zrXel.jpg

finally initial testing before installing

yuhM2jk.jpg

it is super loud!!!!:D

JUST remember lad.....I'LL TAKE IT----I'LL TAKE IT------I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!! What ever the price I'll take it!Hmmmmmmmm is she REALY loud???????????? :lol: (oh did I say I'll take it??????? :P )

lol... it is super loud, probably the loudest blaster in the galaxy lol

finishing the final assembly of the ammo drum ( i could barley fit all the electronics in the drum lol)

TtKESJZ.jpg5fwMQVY.jpgaHAxmo3.jpg

got some brand new scopes yesterday!!!

S2b71SG.jpg

after paint and polish

UnmwBfB.jpgpa4cEPu.jpg

i printed imperial crosshairs on transparency for the large infra red scope

CJr6Wfh.jpgcXG1D5p.jpg

done!!

xFQTBM4.jpg

sound demo

overall features

1: 20 watt amplifier (note: it is not pushing the total 20w)

2: microphone input with volume control

3: amplified blaster sounds with volume control, 10x blaster sounds to choose from and a pitch bending knob

4: working bolt action and trigger

5: 2x real scopes. an ultimate arms tactical scope and a tasco as well

5: large scope has imperial cross hairs

6: light array throughout the barrel (light can function without the amplifier)

7:2x 4" sony speakers in the ammo drum

8: battery compartment is locking, has some spare room for small items

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

SS-SandrooperSGT-003.jpg

450px-MG15.jpg

What kind of scope is that on the left side - the one with the clear plastic tip/cover? I know I have seen it somewhere on these boards, at least a smaller version, but I haven't been able to find it again (or on amazon, academy sports, wal-mart, etc.). Anyone know? I need it for a project I will be working on.

That´s a "singlepoint" scope, sort of a early red-dot. They (or casts of them) were used on many SW blasters (Scouttrooper blaster, Chewies Bowcaster, Rebels Blastech A280 and similar, IG 88s DLT 20A, and probably most famous: Blastech DH17 Tantive Rebel Troopers).

No longer in production since many years, usually not cheap to get.