Hengstler counters?

http://www.hengstler.com/en/products/shop.php?catID=1004&cat=Counter

I found this while searching on the Hengstler.com website. If you scroll down to the bottom the counter is "478 plug in type counter.

It looks like the one that is used for the E11. I do not know if anyone has tried this route before. I will keep you posted. I sent email to "Hengstler" to see how to go about getting a 478 plung in type counter.

Here is the specs data link

http://www.hengstler.com/gfx/file/shop/counter/counter_typ478_en.pdf

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Screen accurate are 6 digits.

Thanks! The representative is asking me for the part number there are apperently 14 different model numbers according to the specs. I have to use a guess because I do not know the voltage? If any one has a real one is the voltage on it ora a part number. Because the representative is going to give me a quote?

Andy

Thanks! The representative is asking me for the part number there are apperently 14 different model numbers according to the specs. I have to use a guess because I do not know the voltage? If any one has a real one is the voltage on it ora a part number. Because the representative is going to give me a quote?

Andy

The voltage and frequency side to things should not make a difference, as we don't intend to ever plug these into power. The external appearance should be the same on all the 6 digit counters, the only difference will be internal.

For the sake of argument, I am guessing that if the parts they used on the original blasters came from the UK, then they would be 220V 60Hz (I believe the UK uses 60Hz for their power supply), so the part number could be 0478 106.

Edited by DalekBill

Having a look at the link, there is another counter, type 864 on this page that also looks ok but is already black. If you look at the technical data, there is one with a small face that has a spring attachment. The spring bit could be removed and would make for a pretty close match. Part number 0 864 465.

I just got a quote back from them and it would cost $190 plus $25 postage for the 0 864 465

Hengstler0864465.jpg

As it isn't really that close to the screen used item, I think I will pass.

Edited by DalekBill

Hengstler up until recently used to supply the 400 series of which the Types 464-468 were very close to

the originals (Minus the Eagle logo of course :D )

Here's the spec sheet

counter_typ464_468_en.pdf

You can still pick up plastic cased non eagle original type for around £20-£50, you just have to hunt them down ;)

The last time that I managed to get my hands on a few I only paid between £15-£20 and the 20 units that I had

flew out the door to all my chums :)

2571054783_2dda6f9070.jpg

Hunt around and you'll be supprised what you can come up with :)

Ohh, and although the most common used counter in the films was a 6 digit model, they also used the 4 digit

version as well which looked exactly the same (but with two digits missing of course :D ) once it was painted black

:)

• 1 month later...

Yeah I purchased some of these a few years back.

cool cos it's solid functioning unit made by the same company, but that eagle logo no longer lives on ther at all.

Plus they're now plastic, not sure but I thought the original cases were metal....?

But yeah, very cool to slap one on a blaster :)

Yeah I purchased some of these a few years back.

cool cos it's solid functioning unit made by the same company, but that eagle logo no longer lives on ther at all.

Plus they're now plastic, not sure but I thought the original cases were metal....?

But yeah, very cool to slap one on a blaster :)

What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

Having a look at the link, there is another counter, type 864 on this page that also looks ok but is already black. If you look at the technical data, there is one with a small face that has a spring attachment. The spring bit could be removed and would make for a pretty close match. Part number 0 864 465.

Uh? What the heck....!?

I paid about £25 a pop for mine. I've learned if you ever tell anyone I want one of these cos they were used in the SW films, they suddently add a zero :)

Try rswww.com maybe?