New FX kit

This new kit has so much more detail than its predecessor. Curved edges...removable ab button section...sandtrooper options...hand plate options...extra thickness all around...thumb prints on the bicep..I love it. It's made with extra width on all pieces to accomodate the larger trooper, from the ab section to the kidney plate there is plenty of material so no filler is needed. :)

I'm jealous because this kit isn't even mine but our soon to be TK Angie's here in Iowa.

NZy8P7X.jpgZ3C2zQD.jpgDYBuAmD.jpgxVyI0Zg.jpgl6kgyRH.jpgGHogap9.jpg3fwF10g.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

The helmet that comes with the full AM kit is the same as the old FX helmet, except the dome is more rounded. A full helmet rework is on AM's to-do list, but I haven't heard any estimated completion date.

Better off going with an AM Lite, and picking up a different helmet.

The helmet that comes with the full AM kit is the same as the old FX helmet, except the dome is more rounded. A full helmet rework is on AM's to-do list, but I haven't heard any estimated completion date.

Better off going with an AM Lite, and picking up a different helmet.

I agree...is the MRCE helmet even still available?

I have an original FX kit. I'm not that keen on SUPER ACCURACY. I don't care for the thumb print. It was a mistake that the director didn't feel was necassary to fix for a few seconds of film time. Same as with the "move along" trooper. The heat was a factor in the brow moving up the helmet. But that is my two cents.

I tend to agree, I don't like the thumbprint thing. I also don't like the "squared off" look of the calf pieces. It's like if you look at them from the top they are ,like, stopsign shaped, or hexagon or whatever. Not round at all. Don't like that. Saw my first set at a con last month. The detail is almost TOO sharp for me. Also don't really care for the "lip" all around everything. I have been told that it cuts into you some..That's just what I was told by someone--have no idea if it's true. I think I'm just gonna stick with my FX suit and MR helmet. Or at least until some hootin' palootin' eletist wants to start phasing that out too.