Jump to content

ONGOING: Current Site Upgrade Requests


Daetrin
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can we restore the "New recruits/Getting Started" section?  It looks (from my point at least) as if the entire area has disappeared.  I realize that this change was a lot of work, and that bugs will continue to require fixing, but if a first time visitor was to view the site, they would be somewhat lost.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's still there, it's just at the top of the forums.  Nothing was deleted at all.  What happened is that "Recruits" was essentially renamed to "Welcome to the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment" and moved to the top of the boards.  All the content is still there, though I created a subforum per AC's request called "501st and Detachment Access Requests", and put a few topics in there.

 

What were you expecting to see that you can't find?  I can help :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just want to say great effort to everyone involved in the upgrade!  I know what a PITA this sort of thing can be, and the forums look awesome now!

 

One request, if possible?  When posting a reply on the previous version of IPB I was able to toggle between a WYSIWYG and a BBCode view.  Is enabling BBCode view a part of the new version of IPB? (Or was I silly and just missed it...?)

 

Again, awesome job!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was trying to add that back, but the new editor doesn't have native bbcode, and it broke quotes when I added it.

 It might come, but it might take a while.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rat said:

Any word as to when or if we will be able to Tapatalk compatibility again?

No. It's ready when it's ready.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, cinderbike said:

Any plans on a non-responsive/mobile theme option? Using FISD on a phone, not digging the stripped down version.

Either request the desktop version using your mobile browser, or use the tapatalk app.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I really love this forum, so I have to ask a quick question regarding the notifications:

Before the big upgrade, I used the notifications to keep track of all things and deleted them after use.

Since the upgrade, notifications become more and more each day, what makes it harder to keep an overview.

Would it be possible to make them deletable again? Can't see a reason for having them archived, beside of increased loading time and data capacity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, T-Jay said:

I really love this forum, so I have to ask a quick question regarding the notifications:

Before the big upgrade, I used the notifications to keep track of all things and deleted them after use.

Since the upgrade, notifications become more and more each day, what makes it harder to keep an overview.

Would it be possible to make them deletable again? Can't see a reason for having them archived, beside of increased loading time and data capacity.

I'm pretty sure that if you dig around in the settings you see what you want notifications for and turn off the rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Locitus said:

I'm pretty sure that if you dig around in the settings you see what you want notifications for and turn off the rest.

Thanks for your reply, Mathias. Sounds like you might have gotten me wrong. The problem I meant, is not about getting too many notifications, but to be able to delete them after usage. Prior to the upgrade, my notifications showed me all threads I have to look in. When this was done, I deleted them. No notifications left = everything checked. This doesn't work any more now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
On 6/27/2018 at 7:40 PM, Harbinger said:

If you click the "Pages" tab in the navigation bar (but not one of the dropdown items) it takes you to a garbled newsletter/old front page thing.

Now it leads to the index page, I think that's better ;)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Just wanted to mention an issue, that surely many users had:

 

When writing a new comment, the soft-buttons for 'Insert other media' and 'Submit Reply' are so close to each other, you can easily hit the wrong one. No big deal if only type text, but really annoying if you want to add photos and suddenly your comment went live. :glare:

 

Idea: move the 'Submit Reply' button to the opposite side or add a pop up window 'Are you sure you want to post this now?' (or something like this).

 

Just an idea, as I have no clue about webpages and how difficult this is. I love the FISD so just wanted to suggest something to improve the page a little bit. :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Since the last site upgrade it is no longer possible to login by entering the user names.

We instead have to type the full email addresses.

 

Would it be possible to get this working again with email AND/OR user names? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Since the last site upgrade it is no longer possible to login by entering the user names.

We instead have to type the full email addresses.

 

Would it be possible to get this working again with email AND/OR user names? :)

Unfortunately its the actual software. Post from the DL

Due to a security upgrade with the latest version of INVISION, Forum log in has also upgraded.

In the event you log out of the forums, and find you are unable to log back in with your current username, please use the email address you signed up with in this field, and your existing Password.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Unfortunately its the actual software. Post from the DL

Due to a security upgrade with the latest version of INVISION, Forum log in has also upgraded.

In the event you log out of the forums, and find you are unable to log back in with your current username, please use the email address you signed up with in this field, and your existing Password.

 

Ah, wasn't aware that this is because of security reasons.

Thanks for mentioning, Glen. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T-Jay said:

 

Ah, wasn't aware that this is because of security reasons.

Thanks for mentioning, Glen. :)

Since your username is public, everyone knows what it is, and thus has 1/2 things they need to log in as you. All they need is to guess your password. Using the email which is not publicly shown, one would have to guess both the email and the password, making things much more difficult.

 

It also brings us more in line with how "every other site" with a login works. Which is good in of itself. Consistency is good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...