ONGOING: Current Site Upgrade Requests

Daetrin

Why can I not use the "enter/return" button using Windows 8?

You should as Microsoft that. But I think you're not the only one. Probably something about how it handles Javascript (the text edit box is javascript). Are you using IE?

Matt - as much as I'm a MSFT snob, you can use Chrome as a work-around (just be sure to turn off all their snooping settings). Alas the Invision (people who created the forum software) team doesn't have this forum fully tested in IE10, so that's what I've been doing until such time as the web team has the bandwidth to figure these things out.

Now it works for me, too. But there's nobody there :(

Turns out there was a permissions setting not allowing non 501st members. But I changed that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

• 1 year later...

Would it be possible to create a plans/blueprints download area?

I have E-11 templates, but the file is 14.7MB (It includes instructions and the Sterling manual Locitus uploaded).

Since Darth Voorhees released his new DVH kit, I'm getting lots of requests for the template, which has to be emailed because it exceeds the 512KB we're allotted for attachments.

I'd also love to see all the Billhag drawings in this area - I save them whenever I find them in a thread, but it sure would be convenient to have them all in one place.

I think such an area should be "locked" so nobody can upload plans unless they're approved, but anybody could download, whenever they want.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Would it be possible to create a plans/blueprints download area?

I have E-11 templates, but the file is 14.7MB (It includes instructions and the Sterling manual Locitus uploaded).

Since Darth Voorhees released his new DVH kit, I'm getting lots of requests for the template, which has to be emailed because it exceeds the 512KB we're allotted for attachments.

I'd also love to see all the Billhag drawings in this area - I save them whenever I find them in a thread, but it sure would be convenient to have them all in one place.

I think such an area should be "locked" so nobody can upload plans unless they're approved, but anybody could download, whenever they want.

Thoughts?

The problem is that there is no function in the forum to create what you ask. But if you can send the plans to me, and which thread to upload them, I can do it to your post. I have no upload quota.

• 1 month later...

What about adding a "Star Wars Toys" section under "Enlisted Barracks" (separate from off topic). People can share and discuss modern and vintage Star Wars themed toys and other memorabilia. There could also be a separate section under the PX for just buying. selling, trading SW toys and collectibles. Just some thoughts. Possibly getting away from the main purpose of the forum which is costuming, but I think collectibles are a big part of SW fandom.

• Like 1

Perhaps we could add a "seller/buyer" feedback thread as well. That way when buying and selling, others can have more confidence in their purchases across the board.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Maybe a new section for "funding" requests.

Trooper A is raising money for a fellow trooper's hospital bills or funeral expenses.

Trooper B is raising funds for a local charity by riding a bike for x miles or a walk or something.

I believe there is one currently running for Scottt Loxley's new armor.

Or for charity patch sales... stuff like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Have not seen this thread- nice! Is it just me, or does the search not really work very well?

I'm not that impressed by the search either, but I always figured it's a board issue. Either way, it may help to simply use Google, and add "site:whitearmor.net" to your search query, that way it will display all the search results of this forum (as long as it is a public forum, of course.. it wont work for a search in the 501st-only part)

A nice feature to add would be the possibilty to quote someone's nickname by putting an "@" before it. Once done the person is notified of it and where it's been done so he can chime into the conversation to answer a question asked specifically to him.

e.g. "What does @Gazmosis thinks about it?"

A nice feature to add would be the possibilty to quote someone's nickname by putting an "@" before it. Once done the person is notified of it and where it's been done so he can chime into the conversation to answer a question asked specifically to him.

Not sure if you're aware of it Germain, but in the settings page under notifications, you can choose to receive a notification when someone quotes a post you made, but the addition of your idea would add to that even further, indeed. :)

Not sure if you're aware of it Germain, but in the settings page under notifications, you can choose to receive a notification when someone quotes a post you made, but the addition of your idea would add to that even further, indeed. :)

the downside of that is the more knowledgeable troopers that have been around a while might get bombarded w @ question notifications. (just me being glass half empty)

• Like 1

Yes, i agree it might have some bad side effects too. But I think it can be a nice feature to inquire about the staff's opinion on a matter or the DO about a specific building detail. Obviously we would have to rely on people's courtesy not to flood/spam someone with it.

• Like 2

Would it be possible to add something like an "automatic reply message" on PMs? (like the "out of office assistant" in Outlook)

This came in my mind when Gazmosis recently started a thread to inform us, he won't be available for a few days and another thread to let us know, he is back again.

Would be very useful - especially for people with sales-threads, because all they can do at the moment is to edit the "What's on your mind?" subject in the profile. But only a few members might notice that.

The majority will keep wondering, why their PMs aren't answered.

Just an idea... ;)

Have not seen this thread- nice! Is it just me, or does the search not really work very well?

Me too.  And it's not a little issue in a board like this.

Edited by elleerre