Got my iPad! Yes, I am a geek!

Femtrooper Julie

I just could not resist, and I reordered my iPad. I got it yesterday, it really is amazing! Star trek is here! Lol!

In many ways, it is just an iPod touch, on bigger. But it is blazing fast, and much easier to type on and use than my iPhone! I love it!

I should have shown up in armor, that prob would have gotten me on the front page of the paper!

Anyone else an apple geek too?

i've gotten all three gens of the iphone, i like what it can do but it has SOOOOO many flaws its rather annoying. apple really needs to have more reliable stuff, but my thoughts... i have an iphone, i cant reason with getting an oversized ipod touch... but the idea is cool. i'd just be afraid it'd have the flaws of the iphone

Mac geek!

Umm, I mean, congrats Julie! :P

Due to my work needs I'm more of a PC guy (I own a netbook and desktop-replacement laptop along with my work-issued laptop), but I absolutely love my iPhone 3GS - I've only had it a few months but it's become my constant companion and I can't remember how I survived without it. B)

Yeah, the iPad seems like a giant iPod Touch. Other than the cool factor that comes with being one of the first kids on your block with the newest Apple gizmo, I don't really see the need for it - yet.

I got the apple case for mine, it is nice. I have an otter box for my iPod and iPhone, really protects them at the beach. I am sure there will be an iPad version soon! The docking station with keyboard will be sweet!

Alas, I'm a PC so will wait for the MSFT version. Still, my wife just loves her iPhone (doesn't everyone?) and I can see how these will be driving the next wave of consumer electronics.

It just gets better! Last night, I stayed up late figuring out how to jailbreak my iPhone. Then, I installed rock app and got mywi.

Now, MY IPHONE IS A WIRELESS HOTSPOT!

(yes, I am yelling lol!)

So, with the iPhone in my purse, I have Internet on the Ipad ( or any other device, like my DS)

Who needs the 3G version? Not me!

If anyone wants to know the specific files, send a pm! This is too cool!

Julie

It just gets better! Last night, I stayed up late figuring out how to jailbreak my iPhone. Then, I installed rock app and got mywi.

Now, MY IPHONE IS A WIRELESS HOTSPOT!

(yes, I am yelling lol!)

So, with the iPhone in my purse, I have Internet on the Ipad ( or any other device, like my DS)

Who needs the 3G version? Not me!

If anyone wants to know the specific files, send a pm! This is too cool!

Julie

That's a great solution! (Why didn't I think of that? I'm losing my geekness :S My armor better get here soon ;))

I've question for you guys (and girls :)), is there somebody willing to help me get a ipad? I've been looking around here in The Netherlands but the prices are outrageous (600 - 800 euros). Even on eBay it's not getting better since the prices are high and I'm gonna need to pay custom-tax and what not when it goes trough Dutch customs :(

I know it's a long shot but maybe someone here knows a way to get one of those pads to The Netherlands :)

Greets,

Lennaert

Edited by LJJNL

i've gotten all three gens of the iphone, i like what it can do but it has SOOOOO many flaws its rather annoying. apple really needs to have more reliable stuff, but my thoughts... i have an iphone, i cant reason with getting an oversized ipod touch... but the idea is cool. i'd just be afraid it'd have the flaws of the iphone

I was about to say the same thing. I am impressed with the technology however it has issues of overheating along with some issues with flash and several other problems. I would advise people to wait to see what comes out later on this year, until this technology matures.