Devolving FISD [Happy April 1st]

Daetrin

Troops,

After taking a look at what other detachments are doing, it's clear that FISD is just gotten too big and should be devolved. Effective today I'm making the following fiats:

1) There are no more votes on anything - it's my way or the highway. This is how it used to be back in the day, and we're reviving that practice.

2) Staff - other dets get by with just a DL & XO, so why not FISD? As of today all other staff are terminated.

3) We're moving the forums. phpBB2 was good enough in 2005 and everyone is being tired of being asked to upgrade all the time. Our fans can't tell the difference anyway from more than few feet away, so why bother all the cost and time. I thought of moving to a Yahoo group, but as they are just not made anymore the only way I can get one is from a friend of a friend. He swears it's from the real Yahoo - hey who am I to argue?

4) FISD will just not focus on one costume - the the FrankenTrooper. All the EU stuff is PU skittle stuff anyway so off to SpecOps they go. Fans can't tell the difference between the movie versions anyway, so why bother making any distinctions ourselves? Heck, let's bring the FUN back to costuming!

5) EIB is being dissolved as it's too elitist and takes the fun away from trooping.

6) I've taken it upon myself to recast everyone and you can have copies for free if you come to my house. Heck, none of us "own" this stuff anyway. Just bring beer or some Bailey's and we'll all call it good.

7) I'm also banning Laws, TM, AP, RT, ATA, and TE2 forever because they won't like the above policy and they'll be mean to me. I'm bringing back my true friends - you know who they all are. :)

After that I will do nothing the rest of the year. Heck, if I do nothing, then there is nothing to criticize at all and I'm a shoo-in for re-election! I'm going to make the XO do all the posting and stop answering PM's. Works for other leaders in the Legion and they're still around, so seems a great practice IMNSHO.

I don't know about you, but getting rid of all these "rules" from "the man" and getting back to what the club should be will be great - cheap booze and cheap armor for everyone!

i agree and support all of the above and will challenge anyone to a metal cage death match with all who disagree.

"1) There are no more votes on anything - it's my way or the highway." sounds like the day i proposed to my lady...

HAIL DAETRIN!

I'm outta here!

This hobby is no longer any fun.

I'm giving up all the TE molds, including the SFS helmet molds - HDPE and fiberglas, my entire helmet collection, AND all my Sci-fire blasters...

I've already got my Star Trek phaser & communicator...live long & prosper.

Tsad.gif

Cool! Now I can work on my Battlestar Galactica Pegasus Squadron costume and not feel guilty! Death to all Cylons! (runs and grabs the 4 page armor history she has compiled, feeds it into the paper shredder and makes confetti.) Oh, and Daetrin...if you're recasting...can I have my armor in green? ;)