Battle Damaged HWT

I've been looking at the possibility of a battle damage trooper, it was suggested that the HWT would be the best option. I want to base the damage off the following image, now keep in mind I am mostly interested in the the three lines and the other burns.I figure people with experience in the HWT would know best, would burns like these be viable on an HWT.

starmor.jpg

I don't know why not. People do them all the time on sandtroopers which were only lightly weathered. So if it's OK for sandtroopers, why not HWT?

OK'd it as part of the HWT, or for any TK?

That is the fuzzy part, I have a tough following Thomas's messages at times. Hard to know weather or not the costume would ever be approval-ale or not, either way could be fun to build it.

"Good morning,

A Stormtrooper with the basic armour specs of all other troopers beyond the principal filming appearance (what we now consider "Sandtroopers" is only EU in the minds of Detachment members.

I am not a fan of the weathering myself, but the example you posted is well within acceptable guidelines. My only warning is not to go overboard.

¿Are you still working on your Nihilus hood?

Getting the proportions and fit to closely resemble the source material really make the difference between an acceptable Nihilus and a Great Nihilus.

Be well,

Thomas"

Judging from what I´ve read and heard, the difference between approval and rejection when it comes to weathering seem to depend on whether or not the integrity of the armor has been compromised; ie. if you apply real cuts or burns to the plastic. As a TD, TKC, TS, the clone variants and a few other trooper type suits, you can go pretty far with paints and pigments. But once you start burning and cutting into it, removing pieces and replacing it with circuitry to simulate blaster hits - stuff like that - a lot of GMLs will bring the hammer down, however cool you make it look.

That´s my experience, anyway. What does your local GML say?

I'd say it's a little heavy for a standard TK or HWT. We can see in the movies and the sources that the TKs are not pristine white, they have scuffs, scratches, etc. Like others have said that as long as it's cosmetic only and not actually cut/burned/whatever, that you are okey, based on what Thomas said.

I would make sure you are in talks with your local garrison.