Just had armour stolen.

carbonitekid

Hey Matt.

I just saw this thread, and though you don't know me, I just wanted to pass along some good karma your way. I'm so very sorry to hear that your gear was stolen, and I really don't understand why someone would do this. The closest experience that I can relate to it was when I had a couple of break-ins to my house a number of years back--so I can understand the feeling of violation, though the stuff that was taken from me was easily replaced. I can't imagine having such personal items taken, ugh. In reading through these posts, I really get a sense of how much you enjoy trooping.

So, I will try to support you by keeping a lookout on fleabay here in the States and however else I can. It sounds like there are some things in the works too.

Anyways I understand you need time to regroup, but if you can, please remember how much joy and fun you've given to others. I don't mean to minimize your loss in any way as I know this is a big setback. Hang in there.

EO

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im real sorry to hear about this man. <_< i hope you dont call it quits. i can see how you'd be just on the sidelines though, it's not the cheapest hobby... i just wanted to say good luck and i wish you well. if i see anything that resembles your armor online somewhere i'll let ya know. :fett2:

that helmet looks pretty sweet, but if someone tries selling it, it should deff stand out. you did a great job on your suit man.

best wishes to ya

This is low,

Matt, I don't know you and you don't me, but from what I read, I can tell you loved everything about the armor (suiting up, being apart of the group, spreading joy). I really hope you can get your armor back in one piece. If you can't I sure any of the 501st or soon to be members will be willing to help you recover your lost.

Best wishes,

Quinn,

Sorry to hear about your tk being stolen. I'll be sure to keep an eye out when I browse ebay. Although chances are slim I wish you best of luck on getting it back.

What comes around goes around, he'll get his in one way or another, it always works out that way ;)

its not much,but i can throw in a canvas belt, a MC TK faceplate, and mic tips. i have a neck seal also thats i believe 19" and a sz large bodysuit from triktoys they are all yours if you want em bro.

Hmmm, I just been looking over the "junk" bin, then seen this, my junk would work well with what you got here, hell near a full TK rig! :lol:

I'm actually thinking about fitting my bucket with a small GPS receiver for just this reason. After you spend $800-$2000 on a suit what's another $100-150 on a nice miniature tracking device ;p

I will keep my eyes open when out n about and on e-hell, and im sure youre allready aware but the pics and info are being passed around anyone and everyone to keep a look out for your armour/helmet.

Hopng this gets found along with the little scummy ratf*!kedsonofabi!*h who took it grrrrrrrr makes me mad :angry:

NOTE* i grew up in birmingham where this was stolen from and have friends there so have left this on facebook for them to read...

To all my friends in Birmingham..there was a set of stormtrooper armour stolen from a really nice guy who was at a show at the NEC recently raising money for charity, if any of you see any being sold cheap in and around brum please get in touch with me, thanks.

Edited by gh05ty

I know you guys mean well, but I guess it's not exactly the same as going around in "junk" than your own gear... :(

I dont think he meant it was actually "junk" Puro. Plus, the stuff i have is brand new, not junk. I make the Mic tips and belt myself. The bodysuit is a spare, there is nothing wrong with the neckseal, i just upgraded to the zipper type. The faceplate was going to be for a project idea i had that never panned out, and again is brand new. Far from junk. I dont really see anything wrong with offering a trooper free stuff until he can replace his personal gear so he can keep doing what he loves to do. If this happened to me, id gladly take a second hand set for free offered by my TK brothers so i can continue to troop,rather than have nothing and not be able to troop at all...wouldnt you?

That being said, Matt stated he might not be on for a bit. If someone thats close to him can let him know myself and Sgt Steve have a good amount of stuff we are willing to donate to him, that would be great. Would love to get him trooping again.

Thanks to all for your sympathies and kind offers.

As of today there is still no sign of my kit, nor any word from either the event organisers/venue owners nor the police. This despite them supposedly starting the search through the CCTV footage on sunday morning.

Understandably I'm not holding out much hope.

Whilst I have barely visited my home garrisons forum since this happened I have recieved word that the garrison is pulling out all the stops to get me re kitted and for this I will be thanking them all profusley , when its not too painfull to visit the boards.

Hopefully I will be able to put up a positive update soon.

Again,

thanks one and all.

coz lets face it, no other group of like minded individuals would be this concerned for a fellow member. :salute:

Matt, when you get back on here, I'd like to donate some cash to help with the re-armor.

Sorry about your TK!

Heck, I don't think 20 bucks is too much for helping a fellow trooper! What do ya say fellas/gals? Can we help?

...And I haven't even trooped yet!

Matt, PM me your Paypal and I'll get the ball rolling! Hang in there!

Shocking and disgusting. Half the UKG are running around checking their home insurance, the other half are phoning re-enactment insurers. This has stopped everyone in their tracks. :(

Matt, so sorry it took the loss of your armour to highlight this issue. :(

The UKG CO Scott Steele has organised a collection for Matt to obtain a full set of armour. There's no sense in people (with the best intentions in the world, I know) donating 5 shoulder bells and umpteen belts, or thighs. If you'd like to donate, please sent PayPal to Scott Steele: scotyis@blueyonder.co.uk

Thank you all!

The UKG CO Scott Steele has organised a collection for Matt to obtain a full set of armour. There's no sense in people (with the best intentions in the world, I know) donating 5 shoulder bells and umpteen belts, or thighs. If you'd like to donate, please sent PayPal to Scott Steele: scotyis@blueyonder.co.uk

Donation sent, I'll just have a few beers less tonight ;)

Let us know how things work out!

Shocking and disgusting. Half the UKG are running around checking their home insurance, the other half are phoning re-enactment insurers. This has stopped everyone in their tracks. :(

Matt, so sorry it took the loss of your armour to highlight this issue. :(

Thank you all!

PayPal sent! Happy to help!