Just had armour stolen.

carbonitekid

Hi guys.

Whilst attending the Memorabillia event with the UKG in Birmingham this past weekend our supposedly secure changing area was entered and I had 90% of my TK stolen, comprising Rtmod helmet replete with romfx, John Danter shoulder bells and the rest FX parts. Suit was NOT insured.

Could I please ask for people to keep their eyes open on Ebay.

with this in mind it may be a while before I post again on the FISD , as there is no way I am in a financial position to replace any of my kit at this time or in the forseable future.

Many thanks,

Matt.

Formerly TK2388

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear that! That is a @#$%* shame! Maybe there is a change someone took it by mistake, e.g. someone took the wrong bag/case?

Sadly, not a chance mate. happened the 1st night of a 2 day event.

Wow, who is so bold and steals a whole set of armor? You don't exactly slip that in your pocket and leave... Sorry to hear that, I hope justice comes to those who deserve it. But more important, good luck in getting back your armor!

do you have pics so we can be on the look out...

As posted on the UKG boards:

I'm afraid I'm going to kep this post purley technical in nature as to be honest I am in far to much distress right now to go in to it too deeply. Those who know me wil know how much trooping means to me, and I'm hoping the rest of you will be understanding.

Helmet:

RTmod. Made before Rob redid his molds last year so softer on ear details.

Interior fitted out thus:

DSCN2199.jpg

DSCN2198.jpg

DSCN2200.jpg

Slightly unusual as vocoder painted rather than the usual black sticker. Contained Romfx in right hand cheek tube held in place by black faux leather wrap.

Armour:

FX ( origional source/non recast ). Shoulder bells were John Danters finest. All strapping comprised 20mm black webbing rather than elastic. All strap has double poppers at each end, including shoulder bells.

ALL ARMOUR ID'D WITH TK2388 IN PERMANENT BLACK MARKER.

On inside of left thigh small strip of abs araldited in to stop spead of crack. Black foam ( in bits) in forearms. Scuffing on both biceps due to age.

Shins glued at front but open at back with whit industrial velcro.

Thighs glued front and rear with WIDE shims in back.

Shoulder bridges held in place both front and back by single fixture which had domed appearance. white soft velcro on underside of bridges to prevent scuffing.

End result ( non UKG event, hence decal ):

DSCN2200.jpg

More pics can be found here:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=photos&ref=profile&id=631891610

I will now retire to the background for a while.

Matt i hope the NEC can come up with some sort of an answer, surely they have coverage on their security cameras all around the place.

At troops in the past at the NEC they gave us secure offices to lock our kits away over night, so why did this change to leaving it in the changing area in the hall?

Matt - this is just criminal.

Dude - we'll get you back in kit. I'm happy to hold an auction/raffle here on FISD and will offer up some key swag/stuff if you're OK with it as a start.

Matt i hope the NEC can come up with some sort of an answer, surely they have coverage on their security cameras all around the place.

Good one, it never hurts to check the security camera footage..!

Dude - we'll get you back in kit. I'm happy to hold an auction/raffle here on FISD and will offer up some key swag/stuff if you're OK with it as a start.

Troopers helping troopers!

Looked at this thread several times and tried to think of something appropriate to say. Can't think of anything that doesn't sound totally lame. Just really sorry to hear it, mate.

Matt, that's awful! I understand the financial difficulties in purchasing new armor, but please don't leave the FISD boards. I am waiting until finances are a little more secure myself before finishing off my TIE uniform, and I don't know when I'll be able to afford TK or TX armor...that doesn't mean you have to leave.

You are still a part of the FISD!!!! I've always felt welcome here. So should you.

Just give yourself a big Tigger bounce and perhaps you'll be able to find those %#&$@*! who took your armor.

Oh Matt! :(:angry:

That really makes me sad an angry.

I'm really sorry.

Please, don't leave the FISD. I'm sure there's a lot of people around here that can help.

When I originally read this over on the UKG forum, I couldn't believe it.

Knowing Matt, and having trooped with him, I know exactly how much he loves getting kitted up.

However, plans are in place to get him back in the white stuff, so he won't be away for too long..

Hopefully the thieving robbing b'stard will be caught and burnt at the stake...we'll let Matt light it too.

This is horrible! Id be willing to participate in a raffle or whatever to help out! I wish i made anything TK, but all i have for TKs now is mic tips :blush: ..tho we are working on the canvas belts also...i know its not much, but id gladly send you those if you want em Matt.

Edited by Darth Voorhees

What can I say......I would like to go on a rant about how we let our world go stright to hell, but that's not that much help to ya.......BUT... if you PM me your add, I'll send you a bunch of spare TK parts to you if you like. It would be a grab bag of stuff, but it would help me out just getting some room freed up :P

What can I say......I would like to go on a rant about how we let our world go stright to hell, but that's not that much help to ya.......BUT... if you PM me your add, I'll send you a bunch of spare TK parts to you if you like. It would be a grab bag of stuff, but it would help me out just getting some room freed up :P

its not much,but i can throw in a canvas belt, a MC TK faceplate, and mic tips. i have a neck seal also thats i believe 19" and a sz large bodysuit from triktoys they are all yours if you want em bro.