Another MRCE Lid conversion for the pot

Hi, I finished my Master Replicas Collectors Edition Stormtrooper helmet modification a while a go and have done a couple of troops with it. So I thought I'd add it to the hive mind.

I bought a MRCE because it was cheap (at the time) and I thought it looked pretty cool. In the long run there was a bit more work than I was expecting, but here goes.

Modifications completed:

- Ears trimmed to fit closer in

- Screws added to ears

- Teeth filed to be more open

- New darker lenses

- Gap around 'frown' filled and face plate re-sprayed

- New stripes decals

- New mesh behind 'mouth'

- Interior re-padded, painted black and fan fitted.

The most noteworthy parts of the mod for me where:

- The ears were a total pain, first to get off and then to get to fit back on properly. I began to regret it as soon as I went past the point of no return.

3756259082_380465ee23_o.jpg

- Filling the frown gap was difficult. I wanted to go down the silicone route, but I couldn't get it to work. In the end I just used filler so that I could sand down the other 'mold' marks as well. Luckily I only had to respray the face plate as HALFORDS gloss white appliance spray paint was a perfect match for the rest of the helmet (to my eyes). However, with all the elbow grease I used to shine up the finish, I began to open a slight gap in the filler, at the bottom. I was going to get worried about it, but then I just watched Star Wars to remind me of the rough state of some of the lids in that, and decided it was good enough.

4335443798_32ffe41d06_o.jpg

The rest was simply a case of replacing bits (more my cup of tea). Here's some pictures for reference.

4334702787_dce91e6cc0_o.jpg

4334699383_fd6deb55bc.jpg

Looks pretty cool with the FX Lite kit.

4330711448_64ee64ba8c.jpg

Edited by Minty

That's a great job there man! Really nice for sure.

That HALFORDS appliance paint is sweet! I've never heard of it... probably a UK thing. But man that's shiny!

Great pic with the FX lite too.

Oh yeah... and nice blaster! B)

Thanks for posting!

I agree, great job dude.

Really glad to see that your MRCE turned out so good as I'm currently going through the same mods - although I'm leaving the ears well alone for now!

I've already picked up some Halfords appliance white and was wondering how the paint match would be to the rest of the helmet as I didn't fancy stripping the whole thing down.

Given me a bit of a boost to hear that it's a pretty good match as I've got to spray not only the seam but also where I took off the existing tube stripes with nail varnish remover :angry:

Like the interior as well, I'm also going to spray it black and it looks like I've got similar knee pads!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Rob