Electronics+sound question

OK, so I've done some minor soldering and hobby electronics, amused myself a little, now I'm trying to take a bigger step: I'm trying, let me re-iterate, TRYING, to get some sound from my PC onto a small PCB, hook it and about 3 LED lamps, an 8/16 ohm speaker, and a little 3V vibration motor to a little momentary switch, so when the trigger of whatever gun I decide to make first is pulled (something pulls me to the SE-14R, almost like a vacuum), the lights go off, the gun "kicks" and the sound is make. Everything works but the sound, since I don't know how the ^%$# to get the sound from my wonderful PC to where I can even test it on my modular breadboard, let alone diagramming a PCB, etching, and soldering the whole thing together. Taking apart a $3 hallmark card netter me a 16 ohm speaker, a mic, and a puff of blue smoke when something shorted, and I don't want to buy a toy Hasbro just to rip the thing apart for it to puff like the card did, so to anyone out there who has successfully accomplished this and wishes to share information, I have one itsy bitsy, teeny tiny, quaint little request for you.....

HELP ME!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

I truly think this will drive me mad faster that trying to understand the statement, "If it weren't for my horse, I would have never made it through that first semester of college."

Edited by rdhawk

hi, well from what i gather you want lights,programmable sound, and vibration right?

first off building a sound recording circuit requires flash memory and where it is possible to make on a modular breadboard it would cost more and be less reliable than just buying a pre-assembled pcb or recording kit

links to sound curcuit

-----------

you can also find cheap toy laser guns that have star wars "like" sounds that have leds already wired, this method saves a lot of time/money and frustration

second do not try to run the sound along with the vibration from the same power source. put two switches in your trigger or a switch that has multiple poles.

here is a rough diagram of the circuit

---------

if you need any more help send me a pm im always happy to help out

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Well, that would be exactly what I'm looking for. The fact I've spent just about forever on RadioShack.com and not found it makes me feel silly, but to know it's there officially ROCKS!!!!! Thank you so very very much! Now just to get me one of those!