Pandatrooper's AM build thread[*AM]

^^ Agree. I'm expecting my AM kit in a few weeks and I'm also 5' 8" and thin. Like thin thin. I'm adding this thread to my favorites for official reference.

edit: Ended up going to an NE kit, which I'm staring at on the floor right now. But still using this as my guide.

Edited by Red_2

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to this thread still being active and pinned - just got my AP kit and looking forward to walking through the steps along side this thread's awesome advice - 

Thanks a million - very well done !

• 4 weeks later...

Pictures still work for me.

This is a pretty old thread, and pertains to the first AM armor. There's better reference on more accurate armor makes nowadays but if you feel there's a useful tip here - feel free to follow it.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a pretty old thread, and pertains to the first AM armor. There's better reference on more accurate armor makes nowadays but if you feel there's a useful tip here - feel free to follow it.

It may be for an older kit but that harness and garter and the strapping from forearm to bell is already being jotted in my "First Build Bible"! My hats off to you and your skill.

Now... To dig, scratch and save! You sir, are really making me itch for my first kit. Hopefully in a couple months.

Thanks for your brilliance!

Edited by ohmoggi

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2010 at 10:26 PM, pandatrooper said:
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2010 at 8:44 PM, MightyTank said:

i know i keep asking about your strapping / harness system. but its inspiring!

I noticed you have your forearms attached to your biceps and shoulders w/ 1.5" elastic. How does this work out for you? do you just put it on like a tee-shirt? where and how is the elastic secured to your forearms and biceps?

No problem Clint. Glad you like it!

I have tried having the shoulders attached and putting it on like a T-shirt, but it's cumbersome for me. I have also tried the screen accurate way with a longer strap connecting the shoulders, but I don't like the elastic pressing on the back of my neck.

4650283714_851521a1bd.jpg

This is how I put on my armor with this setup (again, this works for me - it's just the way I do it). I know there are more screen accurate ways to do the strapping, but I just came up with this setup and thought it would be easy in and out - which it is. I find I can gear up in about 5-10 minutes, depending on how rushed I am.

- Underarmor undersuit on

- neck seal on and tucked into the Underarmor top

- put Aker mic on head, feed the cord through the neckseal and out the front to attach to the amp in the chest

- Thighs slide on, with the garter system first

- TK boots on next

- shins clamshell over, close with velcro in the back

- torso goes on like a jacket, with the left side joined by elastic / clamshell. Close the right side with velcro / snap. Close the crotch snap.

- belt snaps into position (with holster and thermal detonator attached)

- arms slide on one at a time. The elastic coming off the shoulder bells attach to the suspenders and are fixed at the top of each shoulder.

- chest plate snaps into position via shoulder extension straps, plug in the amp and turn it on, test the volume

- gloves go on, slip the hand plates over the gloves, tuck the gloves in

- holster the blaster or hold it ready

- lid goes on, ready to rock!

Also, how does your chest piece connect to your suspender system? Is it like your back piece, with velcro / snaps? do your ribbed shoulder straps just float in the back?

The chest snaps into short extensions I have sewn into the front of the suspenders. The chest "snaps" into these extensions via snap plates, and snaps integrated into the extensions.

4415219785_b757464d88.jpg

The white velcro you see on the right is the underside of the chest.

4415220267_dd2a79e68d.jpg

Yes, the ribbed shoulder armor just floats in the back. I have curved them with a heat gun so they sit perfect. No need for elastic loops to hold them down, etc.

4415220015_9a04ecb0f7.jpg

I feel so inadequate right now...... I've been trying to figure out how to get all of my pieces attached. I wanted to cut the ab and cod plate into two pieces for more maneuverability but wasn't sure is that was o or not. My self esteem is now shot. LOL

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
so my AM TD did not come looking like this. I still received the pvc pipe. I really want to try to make my own clips and working with plastic is a lot easier for me.

I have a build thread for TD clips...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk