VT Helmet

TK4872

Its actually a TE2 stunt recast, the hero helmet he offers is the AP recast I believe. Its alright, a bit small. Possibly the same size as an AP from what I've heard, but I haven't had an AP so I can comment there. Although I did compare it to my CAP helmet and it was quite a bit smaller.

If you're looking for an ABS helmet, AP and VT are really your only choices that I know of.

Its actually a TE2 stunt recast, the hero helmet he offers is the AP recast I believe. Its alright, a bit small. Possibly the same size as an AP from what I've heard, but I haven't had an AP so I can comment there. Although I did compare it to my CAP helmet and it was quite a bit smaller.

If you're looking for an ABS helmet, AP and VT are really your only choices that I know of.

I'm confused I thought this kit was from VT? whose VT then?

I stand corrected. :) VT recast the TE2 stunt helmet, and sells it under the VT name. The VT hero is a AP recast.

For the body, VT has recast the AP armor, and is also selling it under the VT name.

Whether you choose to support recasters is up to you, but this thread should remain on topic about this helmet in question.

You can find more info on recasting in the "recast discussion" forum.

I have a VT stunt helmet. It is a nice ABS lid. The ABS is thick and sturdy - not as thick as my FX armor, but feels much more sturdy than my HIPS helmet. I have an AP (actually 2 now, 1 still in kit form). The VT is a little bigger than AP, but I think that size on these will vary based on the assembler. VT sends fairly nice mic tips, brow trim and s shaped neck trim with your kit. The lens material is also rigid, from a welder's shield. Also VT comes with great decals. The pull on my VT helmet is not quite as sharp as what I have seen with AP. There are some surface defects and a pretty good fold at the back of the tube stripe area on both sides. Overall - the helmet looks good when complete. If you want perfection in ABS - buy a first quality ABS lid from AP or MC or TM. I would be a nice to see a comparison side by side.

My understanding of the whole VT history is The molds originated from CAP who recast an old TE. He bought CAP's helmet molds. Did not cast anything himself.

He is very nice to deal with, answers emails quickly, and ships promptly. You can at least be confident that you will get what you order in a timely fashion and any problems will be addressed - I have never heard of any problems with customer service with VT.

I would offer a different opinion on the mic tips. Both were super wonky, the mesh was not that well done (wires from, the mesh coming off, etc..) compared to Keith's mic tips which are perfect. The bolts were way off center and I didn't want to install them in that form.

I cut the bolts off. Dremelled them out, and installed my own T nuts and inserted bolts from inside the lid. I reglued the mesh.

Helmet wise, the pull is a bit softer than other kits and on the stunt the neck opening (undercut) is a bit big. The bell doesn't go as deep as other helmets. The plastic however is thick.

The aerator sockets get rather thin on the helmet, so they might need to be reinforced. The color of the plastic is also different from some other kits, it's not white - it's almost a warm off white / beige color. Make sure it matches your armor if that's an issue for you.

The VT helmet is an old TE recast actually its the old CAP1 molds. CAP2 molds were recast TE2. CAP2 molds are now in the hands of CAP-West. The way I heard it was VT provided CAP with the TE2 helmet to recast and CAP gave VT the CAP1 molds.

Are you confused yet?blink.gif

I have seen VT armor up close and I think its some great looking armor. Not as glossy as my GF but great looking none the less.

Edited by Smitty