Smitty's ANH TK Display

Finally my TK display is finished. The costume itself has been complete for well over a year but I finally found a good looking mannequin to put it on via ebay. Details of the display are as follows:

Helmet

TE2 #32

Painted with Rustoleum High Performance Enamel Gloss White

Hand painted frown and ear ranks with decals for the tube stripes and traps

Not sure of the decals maker but the tube stripes are from Scott M.

Hovi PA2 Mix Mic tips by Keith

Body Armor

Follano ANH ABS plastic

Vader Dave's Ab Plate buttons

TE2 shoulder straps painted with Rustoleum

AP drop boxes

Blaster

CS1 E-11 My first custom built PVC pipe blaster with fully functional folding stock. It was originally sold on Ebay and later put back up for sale by the buyer. It was then purchased by my friend Jeremy from the Georgia garrison. When he received it it was in pretty rough shape. He sent it back to me for a complete refurbish. Additionally I upgraded the locking mechanism on the stock to match the later CS blasters from that run. It still belongs to Jeremy but resides with me. The only resin piece on the blaster is the Hengstler Counter I got from Dan at the now defunct Galactic Armory.

Soft Parts

Under armor is black 2 piece cotton spandex with built in zippered neckseal

Canvas belt made by GundamZeppelin

Faux Leather holster made by Bernard TK-8280

Boots are CAboots size 10.5

Gloves are Nomex flight gloves

Mannequin

Used 6 ft Male freestanding Egghead from ebay vendor easybuy2all who has a very nice selection of used mannequins at great prices.

It took me approximately an hour and a half to get the mannequin suited up and I had to resize the armor to fit the mannequin and also remove some of the interior padding. Which means I can no longer wear the armor without redoing alot of work. But don't worry I'll get started on a new 501st costume soon. And don't worry I'm never leaving the TK community.

I didn't clean up any of the armor as I feel that the dirt and scuffs only add to the display. I've done many troops in this armor and love it dearly. Thanks FISD for making a dream come true.

Ok so now for the pics :)

100_0505.JPG

100_0501.JPG

100_0506.JPG

100_0508.JPG

100_0512.JPG

Damn fine display! You had to remove some padding to make it fit the mannequin!? @#$#$ skinny troopers lol.

In my defense the mannequin is about 4 inches taller than me so proportionally the arms were bigger. But yeah I am a skinny trooper. The padding I removed was in the forearms and biceps.:P

• 2 months later...

I'm 5'10" Then the boots add an inch and the helmet adds a few more. But the Mannequin its self is about 6'2", then add the boots and helmet and its 6'5" or so. It dwarfs me when I stand next to it. I have it positioned so that its got the "at the ready" look staring down anyone that enters my front door. Its always amusing to see the reaction of a first time visitor to my house :)

Great display, Smitty. That seems to be a very cool mannequin!

Is the colour difference as noticeable in person as it is in the pics? Helmet/shoulder straps vs armor I mean.