Best way to remove Under Armour logo?

I know I saw something about this a while ago, but could not find it in the TIPS and HOWTOs tutorials.

What's the best way to remove the UA logo's? I've been using the Renaissance Dancewear and decided to try the UA HeatGear.

thanks

My wife has a tool called a seam ripper or stitch puller that does the trick.

Here's info:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seam_ripper?wasRedirected=true

That won't work, I think he's talking about the logo printed directly onto the fabric.

I was told acetone removes it, but I haven't tested it myself so I'm not sure.

That won't work, I think he's talking about the logo printed directly onto the fabric.

I was told acetone removes it, but I haven't tested it myself so I'm not sure.

Oh, I thought it was embroidered on. If acetone doesn't work I would just take a Sharpie to it.

:)

We are talking about two different types of UnderArmor logos: some of the shirts have an embroidered UA logo stitched in white thread on the neck. Some of the shirts and leggings have a printed on (often reflective) UA logo on the chest or upper thigh.

I've got the printed kind and have taken a black Sharpie marker to it, but yes, you can still see it to some degree. Wished they just peeled off like a sticker... <_<

i have removed logos from my work shirts using this method

http://www.ehow.com/how_4857218_remove-fabric-paint-clothing.html

never tested on your type of material but it worked for cotton/poly polo shirts

For the places that can't be covered up by neckseals or armor, a "quickie" method of making the UA logo nondescript is a strip or two of electrical tape. I know the tape would still be noticeable but better a nondescript square than have the light hitting the logo just right so everyone knows what brand you're wearing.

I have under armour with the printed logo too..

I found a spare piece of black fabric, and glued it over the logo.

Of course you can see the extra fabric, if you actually decide to look for it, but hides the logo perfectly.

• 1 year later...

*bump* I've used the fluid out of a glow stick to remove the sticker logo but I suggest washing it straight after as the stuff smells funky but works very well indeed, just breaks up the logo once it starts to shrivel just rub the logo off job done :-)

*bump* I've used the fluid out of a glow stick to remove the sticker logo but I suggest washing it straight after as the stuff smells funky but works very well indeed, just breaks up the logo once it starts to shrivel just rub the logo off job done :-)

whoa, glow stick?!? isn't that radioactive or something?

thanks, i have to have a go at this too!

Got that tip from a t-shirt modding forum (yes there are them type of forum lol) but remember what I said give em a wash as it does have a very unusual smell.

Think it might b radioactive will find out in good time I guess ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a way to remove the logo from cheap Starter brand under suit from Wally-World.

All I used was Goof Off and some cotton swabs

undersuit005.jpg

This is what it looked like before

undersuit008.jpg

By starwaresnoah at 2012-01-06

I applied a small dab onto the cotton swab

undersuit009.jpg

Then rubbed gently on the printed logo until it began to curl up.

undersuit010.jpg

I then just lightly scrapped at it with my thumbnail.

undersuit011.jpg

And after about 3 minutes of repeating this process on the entire logo, I achieved this.

undersuit012.jpg

Only a faint outline of where the logo was remains and I believe it may come out in the wash.

I hope this helps out.

Edited by NastyNoah

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Acetone worked for me without damaging the fabric. Unfortunately, there seems to be a base under the white screen printing that's staying firmly w/ the fabric, even after hot washing. Sharpie what's left and should be good.  

^^ I concur, as I actually did this, this weekend.  Acetone will remove the painted white "UA" logo but the black disc remains underneath.  (somewhat grey, even after lots of rubbing acetone into it)  From there, the sharpie method works well to blacken it further, and at least you can't see the really obvious pattern of the UA logo anymore.

While I'd love to get rid of the black oval entirely, this is definitely good enough, in my book.

Just wondering this same thing myself as I'm retiring the ANOVOS undersuit, just too much color bleed. I've got a great UA top but that logo on the back sits right above the armor. I tried the sharpie but you still see it so I think I'll try the acetone next. Would fingernail polish remover with acetone do the trick for that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just wondering this same thing myself as I'm retiring the ANOVOS undersuit, just too much color bleed. I've got a great UA top but that logo on the back sits right above the armor. I tried the sharpie but you still see it so I think I'll try the acetone next. Would fingernail polish remover with acetone do the trick for that?

It might, but fingernail polish remover tends to have a bunch of other stuff (including conditioner and dyes) in it that could cause unexpected results.  It's also usually fairly diluted unless you have the hardcore 100% acetone variety.

I'd pick up a little tin of real acetone from Home Depot/Lowe's, personally.  It's just a few bucks and has other applications that can come in handy.  (ABS paste, etc.)

• Like 1

Here's an update on my efforts to remove that UA logo. Here's the before:

52d55db1f05840a9e582e7c46a47acd3.jpg

Nail polish remover and goo gone had no effect at all. I bought some acetone at HD and that removed the silver reflective coating but the logo is still visible:

ea929cc919ce5f6f0aa46b4a57242816.jpg

So I used a sharpie on that and here's what I've got so far:

161371a048942210e7083966679f08fc.jpg

So I get the feeling short of covering it up with maybe a black patch of fabric, there's no way to completely remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mkjava

Interesting, Mike. I wish UA would be more consistent in whatever they're using for their logos! The logo on mine was a white "painted" inverse logo on a black oval that was essentially a background layer.

How long did you soak in acetone? The 100% construction grade acetone I used didn't seem to hurt the fabric, so I actually immersed it (in a lowball glass) for a good 30 seconds, then spent a fair amount of time rubbing the logo with a rag. As I wrote earlier in this thread, the white "paint" came off, but not the black disc that the white paint was painted onto. Whatever the heck that is, it wasn't budging!

Once the logo was gone, the disc was just a sort of dark grey, since the white paint seemed to affect the black, but at least there was absolutely logo visible. Sharpie darkened it up from there, and I called it good enough.

You can see the logo starting to go here:

20160918182118-f044f35d-la.jpg

And you can see it as it is now, good enough to troop (IMO), here:

20160918182113-6f2168f9-la.jpg