Another hasbro E11 mod thread (ANH)

Hey everybody...

Im currently working in modifying a Hasbro E-11. The idea is to make it as close to the real ones as possible.

At first I thought it would be easy and very helpful to have the toy blaster, but I rapidly realized that to make an accurate E11, it would be easier to start from scratch than to modify the Hasbro...

So now, my idea for this project is to use this hasbro and finish it as close as posible to an ANH E11 for my TD. I will be usng this while I can have a better more accurate blaster.

Anyway, I've been working on the toy gun and even though Im just starting this project, I feel it is going fine, and Im enjoying it. So, here are some pictures I want to share with you...

At this point ( a week ago) I had cut out the fake T track, drill some new holes, cut out the semi circle "fins" on both sides of the barrel, cut part of the handle, carved the scope rail and the front aim or however its called, cut the tip and replaced the "bullet case door" with metal.

I also made a ammo magazine with plastic, aluminuim and a rivet. And a magazine housing with some more plastic. Planning on finishing it with some "automotive plaster".

picture8af.th.png

img0090f.th.jpg

img0089jl.th.jpg

img0088ful.th.jpg

img0087x.th.jpg

img0086x.th.jpg

Next I cut and put together the "magazine holder" or however it is called.

I still need to finish it with "automotive plaster" (sorry, its one of those days I cant remember stuff in English hehe) to make it one single smooth piece.

img0112pw.jpg

img0111gp.jpg

Then I fixed with epoxy the magazine and housing to the main blaster. After checking my progress, I decided to extend the barrel. At first thought I wouldnt do it, but then decided to do it. So I cut and extend the barrel and added a detail to the mag housing. Also, will reposition the side "fin" on the last hole on the barrel now that it is extended. And added some epoxy to make the butt look a bit better.

picture5mv.png

picture7wt.png

picture6fg.png

picture8wm.png

Some work ahead but I like how it is coming out.

I know I have already done some mistakes (eg placing the mag housing) but at the end this is just trying to be similar to the original blaster... Wont be soooo perfect anyway. HEHE..

So, What do you think so far?

Saludos

Ill post more progress soon.

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88

That magazine looks great! Nice job for sure.

That's gonna be sweet. A true labor of love!

THX a lot!

Here are two new pictures...

Saludos!

Today was a holiday in Mexico, so this morning I got to do one of my favs thing in the world: go to The Home Depot in search of stuff to build props! :D

I got some copper tubing, wires, little aluminiun thingies, a D-ring (one with a lock and barrel), paint, and other stuff! All parts I needed to try and finish my E-11.

So...

After a couple hours work, this is how it looks now:

picture21p.png

I have always though that the difference between a good prop and a great one, is the details. So even though this is only a modified Hasbro E11, I tried to go further wih the detailing of parts to make it more real, accurate, cool...

So, here are a few tighter shots of the blaster:

These are some details on the ammo mag and housing. The magazine was made with aluminum from a soda can, plastic and a little aluminuim piece from Home Depot.

picture22s.png

I tried to copy the shape and elements of the real magazine and housing. You can also see a little detail on the gun lock. I made it a bit bigger.

picture23uy.png

This is the D-ring. Not exactly accurate, but is a nice look alike.

picture24bf.png

This is the scope rail, I just carved the center from the original Hasbro rail. Kindof works I think.

picture25.png

Then the scope. I will finish this with some bondo and detailed it with screws and all... looks good to me so far. Im planning to give it a rusty cooper look.

And check out the ammo door, carved the plastic and replaced it with aluminum to make it more real looking.

Also cut off part of the handle and the edges around the square located under the back part of the tube.

picture26zl.png

And this is another view of the magazine but you can also see the detail piece on the side of the shaft. It is also a little aluminium piece similar to the one used on the magazine.

picture27j.png

The blaster is now covered with bondo. Lots of sanding and finishing it is ahead of me. Just waiting for the Counter, magazine tubes and blaster point.

Then, drilling the remaining holes on the cannon, primer, texture paint, silver paint, all kinds of black paint, weathering, and ready for trooping!

Lots of fun!!!

Sooo...

What do you think?

Saludos.

Wow - who would've thought one could do so much with a Hasbro? :blink:

Can't wait to see the finished product. :duim:

Yep... its been a very interesting project!

I already want to see how it turns out!!!

Lots of sanding ahead of me, hehe.

:D

THX

Saludos.

Thats looking great! A most excellent job on that magazine. Can't wait to see more of this build!

THX a lot bro!

I will be adding your parts to complete my mods!

I hope it will come out great!

Saludos.

So...

I got my new resin hengstler counter and cannon tip yesterday. They look pretty cool and will look awesome for sure when finished.

Already started working on them, fixing the tip to the blaster with E6000 and then covering it with automotive stuff plaster (still dont know the name for that). Also, sanded most of the plaster to give it shape and correct look. So far looks good, I just think it needs to be painted to know if it will look how it is supposed to.

Still ahead is glueing the counter, sanding the shaft and drilling the remaining holes, adding the stock and some more sanding... And then: PAINTJOB!!! Really looking forward to it.

Here are some pictures:

picture4js.png

picture1uy.png

Some more updates soon.

Saludos.

I picked up your T track today and will mail it out tomorrow. On that blaster tip I sent you, its really easy to dremel out the center so that when you look down the barrel you'll see darkness from inside the barrel instead of a glob of resin inside the barrel. It will look alot more realistic :duim:

I picked up your T track today and will mail it out tomorrow. On that blaster tip I sent you, its really easy to dremel out the center so that when you look down the barrel you'll see darkness from inside the barrel instead of a glob of resin inside the barrel. It will look alot more realistic :duim:

Thx a lot bro!

Planning on dremmeling the tip as soon as the "bondo" is fixed and finished so that the hole is through the tip, the "bondo" and the plastic blaster! :D

Its good to know the resin can be drilled no problem.

Gracias

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88

Still working on this... last night I just re-did the D-ring piece. Not very accurate I think, but it is ok...

Doesn't look that great on the picture, but I think it will work fine once attached to the blaster end cap.

This is what I based on:

picture5nq.png

And this is mine:

picture4we.png

And here is a picture of the blaster tip attached and filled with "bondo" before sanding. (you can see how the rest of the bondo is already sanded and almost ready for primer)

picture1kp.png

This is with the sanding almost done and drilling of the holes.

picture10s.png

A detail for the tip. I broke a part off during drilling, but repaired it with epoxy plaster. Hope it wont show much.

picture8u.png

Hope to finish the main mods during the weekend. Then its just about a week till the power cylinders and t-track arrive... so, almost there.

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88

Ok, today I finished the first stage of the paint job. The main painting has been done and even some details can already be seen. Still need to wait for the paint to dry and then weathering...

Here are some pictures that already show a bit of how will the finished blaster will look like...

picture12oh.png

picture15ai.png

picture13op.png

picture11b.png

picture14yh.png

picture16n.png

picture17ch.png

picture18.png

This is the paint pattern, but I will weather it later on.

What do you think...

Saludos

Edited by iconoclasta_88

Just a small update here...

Did some work on the main paint scheme last night. Pretty much just removed the remaining latex masks and exposed all the silver paint. Then, sprayed a bit with a dark redish drown to simulate old oil on the main shaft and in some other parts. And then sprayed it all just a thin mist of flat black.'

Still to come the real weathering and aging.

Here are some picts showing these details and comparing it with my other hasbro mod. I specially like how the gold color on the scope shows under the black covering (not the masked areas but the color under black pain on the last pict), and the textures that makes it look kindof old and industrial instead of clean and modern.

img0157dh.jpg

img0155ks.jpg

img0154pd.jpg

img0153o.jpg

img0152j.jpg

img0151ap.jpg

img0150g.jpg

What do you think?

Thats looking great. It needs some T track tho ;)

Yep Bro!

I was about to PM you... Got my T track just today and already working on it!

This will fit my E11 just perfect! It will soon be finished.

Thx a lot for all your help and for those awesome parts!

:D

Saludos

Finally, my Mod Hasbro E11 Blaster is done.

Here are a few pictures... I am very happy with the results. I think it looks like if it had seen lots of action, it looks like the weapon of a Sandtrooper!

Enjoy:

picture6qz.png

picture7cp.png

picture8by.png

picture9u.png

picture10d.png

picture11oy.png

picture12rp.png

picture13bv.png

picture14na.png

picture15d.png

picture16q.png

picture17uw.png

picture19ao.png

Please let me know what do you think?

Saludos...

Amazing build, I nearly went this route myself for my first build but when i looked at the toy E11 i thought "no too much work, would be easier to build from scratch"... Looks really good and soooo much better than the toy blaster you started with. :duim::Laser: :jawa:

Amazing build, I nearly went this route myself for my first build but when i looked at the toy E11 i thought "no too much work, would be easier to build from scratch"... Looks really good and soooo much better than the toy blaster you started with. :duim::Laser: :jawa:

Thx a lot bro!

It was a lot more work that I expected and that I planned to do, but at the end I just kept finding new stuff to mod. I like how it turned out. Not perfect but pretty good I think.

Again, I'm amazed at what can be done with a Hasbro with some work, determination, and creativity.

Excellent job, Juan. :duim:

I love making props from scratch, or from toy blasters... LOL!!

The more I work on them, they more I value them at the end.

Thx a lot bro!

Saludos