this lid is set for stun!

Hi guys!

Some of you on here already knew that I had this in the pipeline, but this weekend I finally found the time to get it close to being done: My very own Dave M. "Set For Stun" helmet replica.

The helmet itself is the prototype of a new generation of Vaj lids (used to be NGB), which is yet to be released.

I fixed some little cracks and webbings on it, then gave it the whole Dave M. treatment. All I need now is some screen for the mictips and then I'll call it done :)

The pics won't show all the weathering details, it looks pretty greasy to the eye - anyhow, enough bla bla, here come the pictures:

davemreplica1.jpg

davemreplica2.jpg

davemreplica3.jpg

davemreplica4.jpg

davemreplica5.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I'll let you guys tear it apart now ;)

Edited by R2Dan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I gave it a go - angles aren't perfect, and I had to adjust my pics heavily (they had a blue tinge and were way too dark) but I think they'll work for now:

compare1.jpg

compare2.jpg

compare3.jpg

compare4.jpg

compare5.jpg

compare6.jpg

compare7.jpg

what type of helmet is this?

The helmet itself is the prototype of a new generation of Vaj lids (used to be NGB), which is yet to be released.

;)

as said it's a Vaj lid, he's on here as well, maybe he can chime in and give you some details. If you want to see my "making of", I've put up a bunch of pics on my Facebook account (look for Dan Sczudlik there :))

It looks just terrible Dan, I think you should ship the Lid to me , and I will keep it for you so, no one will ever know you did it :rolleyes:

Just kidding :P:D Brillant work :duim: I love your SFS lid :smiley-sw013:

Wow, I thought the first images WERE of the screen used lid too.

A great job Dan well done.

I was thinking of doing something with my AP lid ( like a specific screen lid, but as it was in the day ) you've got me thinking HMMM.

it needs definitly new ears

but rest of the bucket is great

some aereas need small work

but it´s the best replica i´ve ever seen

FO the lineage

that is a killer bucket

you are correct with the ears Mario. They have "Dave M." - origin but are modified to fit the modifed tubes on the "Brian R." Te/Gino lineage replicas. I am working on this.

I had a lot of helmets in my collection but in time I felt not satisfied with them anymore. I felt forced to make something new with a bit of improvement.

I love what you did with the helmet Dan! I would like to see how it looks while wearing armor.

Marcus

I love what you did with the helmet Dan! I would like to see how it looks while wearing armor.

Marcus

I have a photo shoot in my TM soon, I'll take that lid along and have pictures made :)