The Mystery of the Brown Boxes

Sorry for the delay in posting these pix. I have been very busy with at work on a big project, and have not had the time to do so. You know how it is, gotta make the money to pay the bills!! <_<

Before I have FISD lynch mob at my door step, Here are some more pix...

So without any further adieu, Ladies and Gentlemen, TKs, TDs, TXs and all the creatures from A Galaxy, Far, Far, Away...

From left to right, here is a side by side view of the two helmets (Tonys' SFS face plate and the traditional TE2 face plate) :smiley-sw013: AWESOME :smiley-sw013:

Nwv94xc.jpg

Stay tuned, more to come... I had too many pix for the post. I am having to break it up....

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Woo-hoo! I guessed two correctly!

Next guess is what you're going to make from them...my first guess is one will be a TK, the other a TD.

On 3/12/2010 at 8:56 PM, troopermaster said:

Can you see any differences (apart from the filled in teeth) between the two face plates?

What makes this new face plate an SFS?

Hi Paul,

To clear up any confusion, the "alternative" faceplate that Tom and a few others have is the precursor to the SFS. These faceplate pulls are from the resin mold that was created several years after TE's original ANH and included in the TE/TE2 deal of 2006.

Aside from the "frown" there really isn't that much difference between the two. With the exception that this SFS precursor does not share any direct link to the screen-used parents.

Actually, "THE" SFS molds that TE offered helmet kits from are still sitting on a shelf in The Man Cave waiting for a buyer.

T-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On 3/15/2010 at 12:49 AM, synaptyx said:

I must have missed that, 'cos I know next to nothing about it. What's the history of the SFS helmet? 

Happy Sunday Aaron,

I'll drop you a PM.

----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey All,

Just wanted to check in and touch base with everyone. A few people have asked about updates and progress on my armor, I wanted to apologize for not responding any sooner. But, in the past several months I have had some major blows hit me. One of which was the death of my Aunt that I was very close to (almost like a second mom). She was diagnosed with COPD and had been suffering from this ailment for awhile. She had gotten progressively worse over several years, to the point that she was bedridden in February of this year. I took time to go and help take care of her. My Uncle is up in years and could not do all that had to be done for her. She passed away in June. Afterwards, my Uncle, who has always been a very strong person, (I always thought of him as the John Wayne type) took his wife’s passing extremely badly. He recounted to me about he would count how many breaths my Aunt took in a minute, and kept recounting to me her last few moments on earth. His lack of rest and his state of mind throughout this landed him in the hospital with pneumonia. He has lost his will to live. I have been spending a lot of time with him, trying to get him back to being strong both mentally and physically. On top of all of this, I caught my girlfriend of 5 years, cheating on me and needless to say we are no longer together. The past few months my mind has not been on armor building.

I got such a great suit from Tony and really wanted to spend time putting it together, but it has been sitting in the box since I took photographs of it when it arrived. I hope to start work on it in the near future.

I wish everyone on the FISD the very best and hope to be back posting soon.

Tom

Ouch.

Sorry to hear about the triple blows. Sometimes life has a way of piling on - and it sucks every time. Still, even when things seem at their worst, eventually the better emerges. Key word - eventually. Take care of the personal crises, the white plastic can wait.

Come back when you're ready - we'll be here.

• 1 month later...