Darth Voorhees' TE2 build

Well i recieved my TE2 armor and bucket yesterday and i couldnt be happer with it!

Im building it as a Sandy, but figured id post the build here as well as the MEPD since the armor is 99% the same.

Keep your eyes on this thread...Pics will be up soon!

Congrats Lou!!! I Look forward to watching your TD build :td: Have fun man!

Got some trimming done the last coupleof days. I wont bore you with pics of me with goggles and a dremel though lol. Once they are all trimmed, ill get some more pics up, and document my strapping system. It will be mostly the same as my AP set up, with some improvements ive learned from trooping the AP for a while. B)

Ok, before i put something together backwards lol...how do i know which calf piece is which. Each calf bottom has a short and long side, the part that covers the ankle basically. Is the larger/longer side the inside or the outside of the leg?

Am i making any sense? lol

Also the biceps are different..is the more square cut one the left or right bicep? Just want to be sure!

Ok, before i put something together backwards lol...how do i know which calf piece is which. Each calf bottom has a short and long side, the part that covers the ankle basically. Is the larger/longer side the inside or the outside of the leg?

Am i making any sense? lol

Also the biceps are different..is the more square cut one the left or right bicep? Just want to be sure!

Lou,

The square cut inner piece with its mate is for the right bicep. The smaller pieces are for the left bicep.

The same for the forearm pieces...larger right, smaller left.

I'll send you photos of the calf pieces...makes more sense looking at a photo....wink.gif

Tsalute.gif

The longer piece is the outer Lou.

Basically the outer pieces bulge out from the shin bone and the inner pieces dip inwards slightly, just as your real leg does. These were originally sculpted onto a body cast so they follow the original shape of the human body. If you are unsure, post a pic of the parts and I will tell which is which :)

How awesome, both responses from 2 of the best armor makers hehe

Thanks Guys! Those were my first instincts but i just wanted to make sure before i did something stupid like glue the sniper plate on the wrong leg LOL My AP has the mirrored parts so i wasnt sure. Thanks guys!

now............ONWARD!

• 1 month later...

heres some pics of where im at:

Here is part of my strapping system.

100_0689.jpg

My system consists of mostly snaps and plastic clips, with very little industrial strength Velcro. Basically what ive done, is i placed the plastic side of industrial strength velcro where i wanted snaps. I then attached the snaps to a piece of nylon webbing, (basically like when you use a strip of ABS to attach the snap, to make a "snapstrip")and glued that to the previously applied plastic side of the velcro. This does 2 things. 1- It allows the snap to conform to the curve of the armor, unlike a strip of ABS would. 2- Although its difficult, the strip CAN be removed if need be. I also attached the plastic clips by looping the elstic or webbing through and adding a snap. This way the clip can be replaced if it breaks. The strips on the chest armor are nylon webbing glued directly to the industrial velcro as ive learned if i use snaps they sometimes pop off. Ive used this system on my TK for 2 years and havent had a problem with clips breaking or anything coming undone. So i stick by this method religiously

Here is how i did my "suspenders".

100_0688.jpg

the snap attachments are done the same as before. The "Suspenders" are 1.5" wide elastic that criss cross in the front. Why the front? Well, this prevents any of the "suspenders" showing in the "neckcut" of the back armor. You tend to see this when wearing them crossed in the back. Although its hard to see,heres a shot of me from the front without the chest armor.

100_0685.jpg

You can see the "ab-to-chest" straps hanging forward for easy attaching when the chest is on. Right now the clips are held on with safety pins. I will sew them into place, but i first need to adjust the length of them till its perfect, then i can sew them in place. You can also see the "suspenders" crossing in the front. I also have them snap together in the front to keep them lined up.

Here you can see the shoulder attachment with white elastic and snaps. My TK has the shoulder bells with a loop of webbing with snaps on them that the shoulder elastic would slip through and then snap on. I cant use this method here as the webbing wouldhave to be white, so im going to try attaching the shoulder bells vis the bottom of the elastic shoulder straps with snaps.

100_0687.jpg

Here you can see how i extended the tops of the chest and back armor to lessen the gap between them. I have 42" chest so theres a little bit of a gap.

100_0673.jpg

I attach the kidney to the ab plate via a side plate glued to the kidney plate, and velcro on the ab plate and front of that side plate.

100_0671.jpg

and together..

100_0679.jpg

I put it on a bit crooked, but you get the idea..the ab plate should be straight up and down lined up with the seam of the kidney plate/side plate. This also makes it adjustable by a few inches incase i lose or gain weight.

So i have this so far...

100_0682.jpg

100_0677.jpg

*TD high 5 back * haha

Thanks Rolf,your builds are always awesome! Im hoping mine will look as good as yours do!

I just noticed in the last pic,i twisted the strap under the arm,so you can see the bottom of the snap..if it was the right way, the snap top is black and way less noticeable. lol whoops!

*TD high 5 back * haha

Thanks Rolf,your builds are always awesome! Im hoping mine will look as good as yours do!

I just noticed in the last pic,i twisted the strap under the arm,so you can see the bottom of the snap..if it was the right way, the snap top is black and way less noticeable. lol whoops!

Your welcome buddy.

I´m sure your sandy will turn out top cool.

You got the TE2, Trooper1 pauldron, Crashmann pack kit etc, so it can´t go wrong.

I have a new TE2 sandy kit on my way too, so i can´t wait to start up too here.

Enjoy the build :)

(my last TE2)

P8196942-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So ive been working on the pack for the last few weeks on and off, and am getting close to finishing it. It is built on a pvc pipe frame (from Scooch's tutorial on the MEPD)and with the park seed trays painted flat black and rustoleum Lake Blue. Its sporting MEPD's Gordonator's cistern modded with added tupperware hamburger stackers. The tool box is a tupperware stow-n-go. The faucet cover, exhaust port box, and mushroom caps are from Crashmann over on the MEPD. The top bottle is a tapered wet ones bottle and the bottom one is an untapered staples computer monitor wipes bottle, both painted with the Rustoleum Lake blue. The radio is a box i made from sheet plastic with a resin faceplate i was working on. the small knobs are water bottle caps and the large one is a vitamin water cap with a make-up jar cap on top of it. Just needs the "shells" on the top right the electrical tape on the bottom trays and the mortar tube. what ya think?

100_0694.jpg

100_0696.jpg

100_0697.jpg

100_0698.jpg

100_0699.jpg

Thanks Thayne!:D

Ok Armor is just about done...just need to make a few adjustments , add the lenses to the helmet, ..waiting for the tube stripes from tk-4510....and it should be good to go. Field pack is also done, just need to add the straps.

here's a couple of teaser pics...

100_0703.jpg

100_0704.jpg

So i just need to finish up the T-21 and i can submit my TD! woot!

What is it made out of (ABS, HIPS, Styrene)?

It's made of HIPS. A lot of people call it styrene but they are calling it by shortened name. HIPS is High Impact Polystyrene.