Putting in a ROMFX into armor (AP helm)

Ok, here is the thing. I have been modding and adjusting my armor troop after troop to make it comfy for me. But here is something i got stuck with .. the ROMFX! Excited to have it, but i hit a wall when it came to fit it into my armor. I have an AP armor, so the helmet is slighty smaller. The ROMFX comes with a speaker, soundboard, and a mic. I would like to know how the veteran troopers install it into their armors?

So far i came up with these ideas ..

•  
  • Snap the speaker onto the vest (made myself, all limbs are connected to this vest) under the armor
  • Mic inside the AP helmet
  • Soundboard .. to tell u the truth, no idea. Its electronic and sensitive equipment. Are troopers allowed to carry small bags on their canvas belts to keep the ROMFX?

Pls share your ideas =) I am stalled atm!

My garrison mate was able to get his entire Rom set up including batteries in his TE2 bucket. I'll see if I can convince him to take pix and share.

Ok, here is the thing. I have been modding and adjusting my armor troop after troop to make it comfy for me. But here is something i got stuck with .. the ROMFX! Excited to have it, but i hit a wall when it came to fit it into my armor. I have an AP armor, so the helmet is slighty smaller. The ROMFX comes with a speaker, soundboard, and a mic. I would like to know how the veteran troopers install it into their armors?

So far i came up with these ideas ..

•  
  • Snap the speaker onto the vest (made myself, all limbs are connected to this vest) under the armor
  • Mic inside the AP helmet
  • Soundboard .. to tell u the truth, no idea. Its electronic and sensitive equipment. Are troopers allowed to carry small bags on their canvas belts to keep the ROMFX?

Pls share your ideas =) I am stalled atm!

Hi! I have a system based on a small bag I have strapped around my upper chest, that goes over the under armor and thus hidden by the chest plate. I have the ROMFX/batteries etc. in that bag, and a cable goes through my neck seal which I have the microphone connected to.

I'll try to take a picture of my system tonight..

Hi there,

i just recently finished my helmet including the RomFX. Since I'm not a big fan of loose cables i wanted to keep everything inside the helmet (its just easier for trooping). Therefore i had to get some Mictips with speaker (He makes awesome ones: link ). Then I used a case for the RomFX and grinded some holes for the cables and buttons, the batteries were split in small cases each containing two AA cells and yeah finally everything was build in the hemlet, but i guess now you might wanna see some pics :D

---------

I used the standard Mic, although you have to be very near with you mouth for it to work properly. The foam around the mouth prevents my natural voice from leaving the helmet so that you (almost) hear only my amplified voice. And although those Mictipsseaker are small they are powerful enough :) Using this setup i also haven't had any problems with feedback!

maybe this helps you a bit :)

greetings

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Here's my ROMFX bag which is based on a nylon binocular-bag I had laying around. One strap goes around my neck (the bag basically hangs on my neck), while another strap secures the bag around my chest.

Works really nice, and I don't have to worry about moisture inside the helmet spoiling the fun.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

As promised:

Work is that of Brian Sasaki, TD-2802, of Garrison Titan. This is in a TE2 helmet, btw:

IMG_1940-1.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

Edited by Daetrin
Added credits

My garrison mate was able to get his entire Rom set up including batteries in his TE2 bucket. I'll see if I can convince him to take pix and share.

Paul, my mate Dave Marsden has been transplanting his ROM/FX into his lid. I've pinged him on FB to take a look at this thread. He is another talented guy and produces very neat installs.

R ;)