TIP: T-Track example

MiDri

So I have for the longest time not been able to figure out where to get t-track locally, then it hit me whilst walking around Lowe's.

Here's a picture showing the track pre cut, cut but not removed and then removed. So that people can see how to do it them selves. I just did this with an exacto knife along the trim on.

MQngQ.jpg

Edited by Daetrin
Moved to HOWTO, updated title

Yep that definitely looks nice. Plus being rubber that makes it more screen accurate than my plastic T track. No to mention this new found item is thicker than what I had which is more like the screen used. Excellent work!

Great find! I'll be visiting Lowes tomorrow. I'll get some extra for people who don't have any available nearby.

Troopers helping troopers, I'm on it!

Nothing found at the Lowe's by me. They only have steel drawer guides.

Edited by SolderMaster

This looks great. What is the brand name for this drawer guide? Thanks for the info.

Just picked some of these up at Lowes. FYI - they are NOT drawer glides. They are found in the window screen area - they are base tracks for a screen window type system called screentight.

Just picked some of these up at Lowes. FYI - they are NOT drawer glides. They are found in the window screen area - they are base tracks for a screen window type system called screentight.

Thanks for doing some recon. It'll save me from running around to find these. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip! I was planning on making my own out of sintra for my DLT-19, but this will be much easier. I'll run by Lowes today and check it out.

Too bad we don't have "Lowe's" in Austria. Looking for some t-track myself, but can't find any.

K.

I'll pick some up this weekend and ship them to ya, how's that?

Shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.

Edited by SolderMaster

Yap, I have a s***load of spare if any ones in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area -- I'll also be at AllCon in Dallas, Texas on the 12th-14th if any one needs some I'll have some there.

Edited by tkrestonva
Edited for language - let's keep it clean

Has anyone tried to install this yet? I have some cut but am wondering what's the best method of bending the track to tuck it into the holes. I think I'll try boiling in water for a few seconds...

Yes, boiling in water did the trick!.....Actually, using a power stripper AKA heat gun works best.

Edited by SolderMaster

• 3 weeks later...

So I have for the longest time not been able to figure out where to get t-track locally, then it hit me whilst walking around Lowe's.

Here's a picture showing the track pre cut, cut but not removed and then removed. So that people can see how to do it them selves. I just did this with an exacto knife along the trim on.

MQngQ.jpg

I picked this up at Lowes yesterday and another type as well! I did not realize how big it is!

Andy

How i made my t-track was low cost and quite effective i think, i first got some of this stuff.. -----

this was from a DIY store here in the uk, then i simply cut the two outer uprights off creating a T which i think looks very good when painted see my E11 with this t-track-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020