MFX ANH build 90% ready[*FX]

Hi Troops,

since I'm approx 90% finished with my trooper and I really hope that I'm going to apply for my EIB status also in a couple of weeks so I though you might be interested in my build (I'm allready a member of the 501st beeing TR-9109)

The suit is a Mfx and yeah it really is not 100% movie accurate, but when I purchased it I only had very little of the knowledge I earned during building this suit! And yeah I'm sooner or later going to be one of the TM guys I guess. But for now I'm trying to go the extra mile with the Mfx. If you spot something thats way off or if you have a good suggestion to any part I would be very happy for letting me know!

So, before I start I need to thank a couple of guys (and if i forget someone please indulge)

R2Dan - who had to listen to all my questions day and night :D

John - for the awesome RomFX

Rees - for making awesome HoviMicTips with speakers

stukatrooper - for all his pictures

TI-7670 - for the rubber parts and his opinion

Mike - for his ANH Decals

firebladejedi - for his belt which i hope to get soo :)

BH-4517 - for the holster

kwdesigns - for the inner dropboxes

trooper1 - for the pauldron (i know, but i like it and i wont be wearing it on events)

ok, so i guess I'm going to start with what the current status. This is what the torso looks like right now:

front:

front_2.jpg

back:

back_2.jpg

right side:

torso_comp_1.jpg

torso_comp_2.jpg

left side:

torso_comp_3.jpg

torso_comp_5.jpg

as you can see i used rivets and painted them white on left side and just one rivet on the right side which stays unpainted for right now.

so lets take a look at the inside:

back_1.jpg

back_detail_1.jpg

back_detail_2.jpg

back_detail_3.jpg

back_detail_4.jpg

I used stukatroopers pics as reference. on the back piece i had to glue two snaps on so the shoulderstripes which connect top and back would stay in place. The shoulderparts are connected to the white cargostripe seen in the first picture.

so lets move on to the front:

front_detail_1.jpg

front_detail_2.jpg

not much to say here, therefore lets move to the arms:

arms_1.jpg

I attached everything so it will stay in place and as far as i know its movie accurate (okok not the gloves and i'm almost convinced to get rubber ones :D )

here some details:

arms_detail_1.jpg

arms_detail_2.jpg

gloves.jpg

and now to the legs:

legs_2.jpg

legs_1.jpg

shins_1.jpg

the belt holds them up and is made of the same canvas which i used for making the inner strap system.

so, there is not much left to show :D

the belt:

belt_1.jpg

belt_2.jpg

since i didn't have rivet covers I had to create some myself using some of the material i cut from the armor

blaster and holster:

holster.jpg

the stripes to attach the belt aren't connected yet, but as soon as I have the belt I'm going to rived them on.

if you like the blaster you might want to take a look at another topic i posted here a while ago:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=6904&st=0&p=88058entry88058

neckseal:

neckseal.jpg

detonator:

o2.jpg

ok, i really hate the detonator and my shoulderparts and they need to go therefore :D currently I'm waiting for the replacement.

soooo i hope you aren't bored yet :D lets take a look at my bucket (its also Mfx)

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

and the inside:

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

so since I showed piece by piece lets take a look at the entire suit!

(keep in mind that the shoulders are going to be replaced and that the belt is missing, therefore also no dropboxes, which makes the upper legs look to low, as soon as the belt is done i will take care of it)

here a pic where i added myself to the movie and adjusted the colours a little bit:

trooper.jpg

for more pictures go here:

http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu102/TR9109/Stormtrooper/Armor%20Phase%20V/'>http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu102/TR9109/Stormtrooper/Armor%20Phase%20V/

http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu102/TR9109/Stormtrooper/Armor%20Phase%20VI/'>http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu102/TR9109/Stormtrooper/Armor%20Phase%20VI/

and here are also a ton more of pis to find:

http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu102/TR9109/Stormtrooper/

thats it for now and now its yout turn! Let me know what you think :)

I think the suit is really not perfect, but i tried to make it as close to the movie as I could and i therefore would be very happy for suggestions from your side :)

greetings

Carsten

Looks like you have put a lot of hard work into your suit :salute:

Good job :)

Are you going for EIB?

Nice job mate

You know I'd have butt joined the parts and added the finishing strips, but hey, that's just me ;)

If you have any more questions, you know where to find me! :)

Now get your rig ready and apply for EIB, we need more good examples in our Garrison! :dancing-trooper:

I think it looks great. I also have an old mfx helmet but yours looks improved or you built it better than I did. Could you post some more photos of it? Thanks!

if you have an old MFX lid then you might have one of his earlier versions. MFX ain't MFX these days, with all the moulds he has ;)

thanks to all of you for your kind comments :)

great job, especially on your helmet. :D what all you got in there? and what kind of foam did you use?

two kinds:

a kneepad which i cut into pieces and around the mouth this is just foam which was left over from my blasterbox (see blastertopic)

Are you going for EIB?

hell yeah :D ... ok at least I will try ^^. As soon as i get my belt i will request my TK number and EIB.

Nice job mate

You know I'd have butt joined the parts and added the finishing strips, but hey, that's just me ;)

If you have any more questions, you know where to find me! :)

i know ... i propably would do it today ... but i just didn't have the patience

I think it looks great. I also have an old mfx helmet but yours looks improved or you built it better than I did. Could you post some more photos of it? Thanks!

yes the helmet is a different one like R2Dan already said

for more pictures take a look here: http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu102/TR9109/Stormtrooper/

Yeah I'm also curious what all you got in your bucket it looks pretty comfy, roomy yet full of stuff.

thanks :) it is quite comfy! In there is the RomFX (mounted in a plastic case) battery pacs and thats almost it ^^. The foam around the mouth is to prevent my natural voice of going out of the helmet so that you only hear the voice through the mic tips.

greetings

Carsten

excellent job there sir B) i dont think i woulda ever thought of a knee pad. lol. what kind?

so is this your first suit?

how long did it take you to build?

:duim::dancing-trooper::duim::salute::dancing-trooper:

thanks again for your comments :)

excellent job there sir B) i dont think i woulda ever thought of a knee pad. lol. what kind?

so is this your first suit?

how long did it take you to build?

:duim::dancing-trooper::duim::salute::dancing-trooper:

i used exactly two of those: kneepad (I hope ebay links are okay!)

and yes this is my very first suit :) I only made my RG before.

about how long? ... well i spend about a month building it but I spend a lot of time during this month :D

the blaster took me about >160 hours and yet there is always just a tiny bit left to do :D (here a

of my blaster but i really have to make another one from the "finished" one)

greetings

Carsten

Well, I can certainly see the lineage from my MFX to yours. The helmet looks like it has "evolved" for lack of a better term. Funny how the shoulder bells have not. Interesting. My helmet cap and back were also in two pieces and your faceplate looks sharper. Also the older "ears" were in two pieces. He used some kind of glossy HIPS as well, very thick. Is yours glossy HIPS or painted? Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and your helmet building skills are just plain better than mine. Nicely done.

Well, I can certainly see the lineage from my MFX to yours. The helmet looks like it has "evolved" for lack of a better term. Funny how the shoulder bells have not. Interesting. My helmet cap and back were also in two pieces and your faceplate looks sharper. Also the older "ears" were in two pieces. He used some kind of glossy HIPS as well, very thick. Is yours glossy HIPS or painted? Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and your helmet building skills are just plain better than mine. Nicely done.

It's not an evolution, it's a whole new helmet. The one you have is a Don Post recast.

The shoulders b4lrog has are not the only ones MFX has moulds for - I had different shoulders on my MFX (also different upper arms and thighs). Check my old Elite/EIB thread to see some pics of that.

As I said MFX ain't MFX these days. b4lrog's rig is glossy HIPS, latest news are he's pulling in thinner uncapped ABS nowadays.

i cant get the link to be in english, nor can i find those in english. lol. what are they called?

They are kneepads that are used in pants like these. Have a couple of pair of these in storage that might just be of use now :) Thanks for the idea Carsten.

Thats a good loooking kit you have there. Nice work!

They are kneepads that are used in pants like these. Have a couple of pair of these in storage that might just be of use now :) Thanks for the idea Carsten.

Thats a good loooking kit you have there. Nice work!

thanks man. lol... while it was loading i only saw nordic worker and all i could think at first was oh crap please be in english. lol.