AP HELMET BUILD - FEEDBACK?[*AP]

Here's where I'm at with my TK helmet:

helmt_assembly1.jpg

helmet_assembly2.jpg

I'm in a very happy place with the eyes...if I cut back anymore I feel like it'll be too far. The teeth need some clean up, but I'm comfortable with those as well.

I'm VERY indecisive, however, on the brow height. Part of me wants to go higher...the other likes it where it is...higher than a hero but not so high that it feels sloppy. I've seen it both ways in reference photos so I'm curious to hear how you TKs and TDs feel about this.

The other issue I'm having is with the ear gaps. Check it out:

ear.jpg

Should I be getting gaps like this? Once again, I've seen plenty of gaps in reference photos, but I've also seen (apparent) puzzle piece perfection.

Any feedback is welcome...

Really good work! The ear gap is fine, they were a lot worse in the movies and you've contoured it well. I think the brow is fine. I don't like the high brow of the move-along trooper, and the hero isn't really my style either. I think right in between gives the helmet a sinister look when all is said and done ;)

I'm VERY indecisive, however, on the brow height. Part of me wants to go higher...the other likes it where it is...higher than a hero but not so high that it feels sloppy. I've seen it both ways in reference photos so I'm curious to hear how you TKs and TDs feel about this.

IMO - raise the brow a bit (but not too much - take a couple millimeters off then eyeball it). (you are doing ANH style, right?)

Obivously, there is no right or wrong.... just personal taste/opinion.

I don't know Gino about the gaps, I think you should send me the helmet and start over :lol: hahahah I am just kidding!!! Great looking AP lid!

I would keep the gaps. The original screen used/publicily helmets had them, here are some pix to see:

DaveMANH08-1.jpg

origANHSTStunthelm1.jpg

realANHtroophero3.jpg

2682062726_a591c40fc2_o.jpg

BRach_Troop10.jpg

Looks great! Now the fun begins... paint. I used thin masking tape that I bought at a local hobby shop to help with the lines of the traps. Much easier to work with than the blue wide painters tape. For the teeth, just paint them by hand; masking tape is not needed for them. Have fun.